14th June 2017, 06:35 PM
sarita91

How do I start again and finish my graduation having 5 years gap after 1st year B.Com?

Hi I'm 28 year old girl n due to some financial problems I had left my studies after my final year B.Com, and its almost 5 years now. How do I start again and finish my graduation? Can you please help me with the best suggestion to follow?

Thanks
Sarita singh

15th June 2017, 10:36 AM
sanju0770

Default Re: How do I start again and finish my graduation having 5 years gap after 1st year B.Com?

Hello friend,

I am elated to know that you once again want to study after leaving it a few years back and would definitely try to help you.

First of all, let me tell you that once there is a huge gap then you have to start your B.Com from scratch. If you are 25 years or less then you can take admission in B.Com as a regular student and if you have exceeded the upper age limit then you have to apply as a private student. Private student are that student who only goes college for exams and they need not attend the college daily, but the same time you have to prepare on your own for the exam.

For the Private student, there is no age limit and you can join the course of graduation at any age.

Hope it will help you.
15th June 2017, 03:26 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: How do I start again and finish my graduation having 5 years gap after 1st year B.Com?

If you want to complete your graduation then you can do it by distance mode. You have to start again right from your first year. There are many open universities for pursuing graduation in distance mode like IGNOU, YCMOU, VMOU etc. Thanks
15th June 2017, 07:28 PM
ranu shahi

As per i know, you can not continue your leaved B.Com because there is a gap of 5 years. One can continue their leaved undergraduate course within 3 years of gap. If you want to do graduation then you have to start B.Com again with 1st year.
15th June 2017, 08:36 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge you are not eligible to pursue graduation after 5 years gap. As because as per government rules one can continue within 3 years of gap. After 3 years you need to start from 1st year as because 5 years is a long gap.
15th June 2017, 08:50 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear there is a chance to complete graduation through distance/ correspondence mode. Here we are giving a colleges/universities through distance mode.

<> Tamilnadu University

<> Universty of Mumbai

<> Gujarat University

<> Tamilnadu Open University

<> Alagappa University

<> Punjab University

<> Bharathiyar University

<> Punjab University

<> Karnataka State Open University.
15th June 2017, 09:33 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot continue your B.Com education after having 5 years of gap because the maximum years to complete the B.Com education is 6 years so, you cannot continue your B.Com education.

You need to start your B.Com education from first year. The age limit varies from state to state and university to university because in BHU it is 22 years, in DU it is 25 so in general the age limit is 25-30 years. Before going for admission you need to check the age limit of the university.

If you are unable to find the colleges with higher age limit then you need to get admission in open university and opt for open degree in B.Com because for open degree there is no age limit.
16th June 2017, 02:23 AM
venus94

First start by applying for different universities and many universities may ask for Gap year certificate. So, try to get that made too.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?