15th February 2012, 09:25 PM
srikar veeramallu

How to do MBA in IIM while pursuing B.Tech 1st year?

sir i am currently pursuing my b tech 1st year.i have a dream to do mba in iim.so please hep me in doing that.

17th February 2012, 07:52 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA in IIM while pursuing B.Tech 1st year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikar veeramallu View Post
sir i am currently pursuing my b tech 1st year.i have a dream to do mba in iim.so please hep me in doing that.
To pursue Master of Business Administration for the Indian Institute of Management, first of all you need to complete your bachelors degree program with a minimum of 50% marks.

The Indian Institute of Management conducts Common Admission Test to assess candidates eligibility to pursue MBA from the Institute and candidates with a minimum of 50% marks in the bachelors degree examination are only considered to apply for the test.The written examination is followed by an Interview.

For complete information, you must refer to the official website of any branches of Indian Institute of Management.
22nd February 2012, 08:47 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.B.A after passing first year of B.Tech course..
If you want to do M.B.A then you have to pass B.Tech with minimum 505 marks..

For admission in I.I.M you have to qualify C.A.T exam..
C.A.T is Common Admission Test..

C.A.T exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad..

GOOD LUCK!
16th March 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Can i pursue BBA in parallel to my B.Tech 3rd yr?
29th May 2012, 01:45 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to do MBA in IIM while pursuing B.Tech 1st year?

Hi

If you are in your B.Tech 1st year as of now, you are NOT ELIGIBLE TO DO MBA.

MBA - Master's in Business Administration

This is a professional post graduation course of 2 years duration and so it CANNOT be done until you are a graduate.
Basic Eligibility Criteria speaks that the applicant should be a minimum graduate in any stream to be able to apply for the MBA program.

Now coming to the Entrances, CAT leads the list as this stands for the Common Admission Test and it is organized and conducted for the selection in the IIM's.

As you would know that the IIM's are the top most B-Schools in our country and so the competition to get into them is really very tough.
There are many people all around the country who are striving very hard to get into them.
So this is a long procedure. At first you need to clear all the 4 years of your B.Tech graduation and only in the final year and onwards you can apply for all the MBA Entrances.

Yeah but you can start your preparations for these entrances from now on and you can get through in just one attempt then.

The other MBA Entrances in India are : MAT, XAT, GMAT, SNAP, JIMS, JAMIA, etc..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
29th May 2012, 01:53 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSSINESS ADMINISTRATION

The minimum qualification for MBA course is that the candidate must have a bachlor degree.
you are in the B.TECH Ist year so you are not eligible for MBA.

After completion your graduation you can take addmission in MBA after clearing the entrance exam of CAT(COMMEN ADMISSION TEST).

thank you.....
29th May 2012, 02:44 PM
denwer

Smile Re: How to do MBA in IIM while pursuing B.Tech 1st year?

Quote:
DEAR FRIEND!!!

[BIf yuo want to persue MBA form an IIM then you must first complete your graduation from any discipline. Then you have to appear for the CAT Examination and perform well in that. Only the top rankers in the CAT examination got a chance to study in IIMs.
So, all the best..!!!! [/B]
29th May 2012, 05:36 PM
romi_bal

If you are in your B.Tech 1st year as of now, you are NOT ELIGIBLE TO DO MBA.

MBA - Master's in Business Administration

This is a professional post graduation course of 2 years duration and so it CANNOT be done until you are a graduate.
Basic Eligibility Criteria speaks that the applicant should be a minimum graduate in any stream to be able to apply for the MBA program.

Now coming to the Entrances, CAT leads the list as this stands for the Common Admission Test and it is organized and conducted for the selection in the IIM's.

As you would know that the IIM's are the top most B-Schools in our country and so the competition to get into them is really very tough.
There are many people all around the country who are striving very hard to get into them.
So this is a long procedure. At first you need to clear all the 4 years of your B.Tech graduation and only in the final year and onwards you can apply for all the MBA Entrances.

Yeah but you can start your preparations for these entrances from now on and you can get through in just one attempt then.

The other MBA Entrances in India are : MAT, XAT, GMAT, SNAP, JIMS, JAMIA, etc..

Hope this helps
29th May 2012, 11:15 PM
surekha_katreddy

Quote:
Hi friend,
I think it is better idea to do MBA after completion of graduation later opting to go for a job. In the present trend MBA has got a good demand. That too an an MBA degree from reputed institutes like IIM'S(INSTITUTES OF MANAGEMENT) is of great importance.
To pursue MBA FROM IIM'S one need to appear for the entrance exam called CAT(COMMON ADMISSION TEST).

The eligibility for CAT is:
-->The candidate must hold a bachelor degree with a minimum of 50% in graduation[ 45% in case of SC/ST/DA(DIFFERENTLY ABLED)
-->Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelors degree are also eligible.

The exam pattern from the year 2011 is as follows:
There are 2 section namely:
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
These two section have a separate time limit
There will be a 15 minute tutorial before the exam starts. The exam is of 140 minutes. i.e 70 minutes for each section.
Thus the total duration will be 2 hours 35 minutes.

To crack the CAT exam sure one need to have ample preparation. TIME is the best institute for CAT preparation.

Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?