16th June 2016, 11:59 AM
ballarimeena

How to find out if a particular University is approved by UGC or not?

How to find out if a particular University is approved by UGC or not? Is there any official way which we can follow to find out? Can you please guide me witht he information on the same? I need to ensure that am joining the college which is approved.

16th June 2016, 01:02 PM
Akash_80

Default Re: How to find out if a particular University is approved by UGC or not?

UGC publishes and updates a list of unrecognized universities in their site. This is the same with the AICTE approval also.
16th June 2016, 10:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to find out if a particular University is approved by UGC or not?

UGC stands for University Grants Commission. It is a statutory body which is set up by the Central Government of India under Ministry of Human Resource Development. It is charged with coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of higher education. It provides recognition to universities in India and disburses funds to such recognised universities and colleges.

You can check whether the particular university is approved by UGC or not at http://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/alluniversity.pdf or you can visit the particular university official website and click on Recognisations or Approvals section, you can find all the recognisations and approvals of that university.
17th June 2016, 02:58 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can easily check about the UGC approval for any university. Time to time UGC update their approved universities's list. You simply have to download the latest updates list to check out UGC approval of any university. Here i am attaching a sample pdf to solve your query. In the given pdf file there is all universities that are approved by the UGC as on February, 2016.
Please find the attachment for the solution to your query.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC approved universities 2016.pdf(228.4 KB, 34 views)
17th June 2016, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

How many chance to b given to reappear fr the failed exam in 9 th std
17th June 2016, 03:20 PM
kshish95

When you look for a university you can check there website.But if it is not mentioned whether the university is UGC approved or not.You can visit the university and ask for prospectus.In prospectus it is clearly mentioned whether the university is UGC approved or not.Some of the universities which I know is
UGC approved is Lovely Professional University,Thopar institute of Engineering and Technology etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?