29th May 2014, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in marine engineering?

is it necessary to be qualified in jee mains to get an admission in marine engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  2. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  3. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  4. Is the admission to all engineering college through JEE mains? I am interested in marine engineering
  5. After diploma in mechanical engineering can I take admission in B.Tech Marine Engineering? Marks required in final year diploma for admission in Marine? Names of colleges in Maharashtra?
  6. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  7. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  8. Information regarding Cut off marks to get admission for Marine Engineering in Tamil Nadu? Best Colleges offering Marine Engineering course?
  9. Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?
  10. Criteria, scope of marine engineering? How to take admission in Top Marine engineering colleges?
  11. How to take admission in 1 year marine engineering course?
  12. Can a female candidate join Navy after completion of 12th class with 63% of marks?
  13. Can I get admission in marine engineering after studying diploma in electronics and video engineering
  14. How can I join Marine engineering after Diploma in marine engineering? What would be the fee structure? -- [New]
  15. How can I become a marine engineer after Polytechnic? How much percentage is required to take admission in marine engineering college
  16. How to take admission in marine after a B.E.?
  17. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Can I join Shipping and Logistic course at the age of 36? Opportunities available after completing the course? Names of institutes offering these courses?
27th May 2015, 11:58 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in marine engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it necessary to be qualified in jee mains to get an admission in marine engineering?

No, it is not necessary that, you should have to apply only for JEE exam for getting admission into marine engineering. There are many other entrance exams through which you can get admission into marine engineering at graduate level.

For that candidates should have completed at least their 10+2 with physics, chemistry and maths from the recognized board exam with minimum 50% aggregate marks.

Other Entrance exams:
  • MERI (Marine Engineering and Research Institute) Exam
  • AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination) Exam
  • IMU-CET (Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test)
  • JEE (Joint Entrance Exam)
If you want to get admission into post graduate level course then, you can apply for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). There are many AICTE approved colleges are participating in these exams and offering admission into the marine engineering course on the basis of exam score.

So, if you don't want to apply for the JEE exam then, you can go for one of the above listed exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?