20th March 2010, 12:11 PM
jyothimrao

How to get into customs? I am good at taxation and acountany

i would like to know if i am good at taxation and acountany which is the best field to get into customs and what is the procedure. i am a BCom gratuate. i would also like to know what are the exams and their details.

24th March 2010, 09:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get into customs? I am good at taxation and acountany

dear friend,you have to get Minimum 157.5 cms height and chest 81 cms is required.
30 minutes are given to candidates to cycle 8 kms and 15 minutes to walk 1600 meters. Written test is taken for selection.
26th March 2010, 04:59 PM
himanshumishra

Hi Jyothimrao..

As you mentioned you have done your BCom and your are good at accountacy & taxation, would advice you to join any professional course at ICAI or any other reputed institute .. would help u a lot. post gaining certification from that institute you may find your self eligible for any position in accounting field.. Then u may apply for custom jobs...
26th March 2010, 08:08 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Customs Officer - How to get into this job
Āpiha Taupare
Entry Requirements
To be eligible to become a customs officer you need to be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and hold a current driver's licence.

Trainee customs officers must complete a five-week residential induction training programme in Wellington and 18 weeks of on-the-job training, predominantly in Auckland.

Applicants must pass medical, drug and fitness tests, as well as undergo a police background check to assess their suitability for the work.
10th July 2010, 11:37 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

hello friend,

To be a custom oficer in Indian govt. you need to take an exam called--ICS exam
To be eligible to take it you need to be a graduate in any stream with age around 21-30 years.

once selected training begins in august at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie.
13th July 2010, 03:05 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The candidate should be a graduate and should not be less than 21 years and not more than 27 years of age.The candidates fulfilling these criteria can appear fo SSC exam. On clearing UPSC one can find opportunities like superintendents, Officers of customs and central excise services. Refer the site: www.ssc.nic.in.
15th October 2010, 07:32 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: How to get into customs? I am good at taxation and acountany

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyothimrao View Post
i would like to know if i am good at taxation and acountany which is the best field to get into customs and what is the procedure. i am a BCom gratuate. i would also like to know what are the exams and their details.
dear friend,

there is an examination for customs service in india government.you need to go through ICS exam.follw the employment news for advertishment.

To be eligible to take it you need to be a graduate in any stream with age around 21-30 years.

good luck.
10th February 2011, 07:15 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

hii

to get into customs
To be a custom oficer in Indian govt. you need to take an exam called--ICS exam
once selected training begins in august at Lal Bahadur Shastri National

good luck
28th March 2011, 04:26 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Customs Officer - How to get into this job
Āpiha Taupare
Entry Requirements
To be eligible to become a customs officer you need to be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and hold a current driver's licence.

Trainee customs officers must complete a five-week residential induction training programme in Wellington and 18 weeks of on-the-job training, predominantly in Auckland.

Applicants must pass medical, drug and fitness tests, as well as undergo a police background check to assess their suitability for the work.
Thanks.
All the best.
21st June 2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

sir,
im doing Marine engineering(2nd year)... im having some what around 85% of marks till now(4th semester)... i would like to serve for our nation especially in customs... i want to know some details about the examination... inorder to pass my written return exams in which field i should be strong enough... how the questions will be... for clarifying ma doubts to whom should i contact... where can i gather information regarding this... i kindly request u to please direct me...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?