3rd August 2011, 01:19 PM
vritti malik

How to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th being a girl?

how can girls get into merchant navy after 12th?? what exams do they have to clear before getting into the navy??

Related Questions:
  1. How to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th being a girl?
  2. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  3. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  4. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  5. Is there any scope in Navy and Merchant Navy for a girl if she doesn't have maths as a subject in 12th
  6. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  7. Can I join merchant navy if I am a girl? What is the whole procedure for it? What are the qualifications required?
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  9. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.E? I am studying in 12th grade
  11. Is this possible to pursue Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class and getting Job on the basis of this?
  12. Is it possible to join MErchant Navy after completion of Diploma without 12th?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  14. Is there any scope in merchant navy after scoring 50% in HSC?
  15. What are the jobs for girls after 12th Arts stream(Merchant Navy)?
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can expect after completion of this course?
  17. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  18. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
26th August 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th being a girl?

how to get into merchant navy after 12th PCB group
27th August 2011, 10:02 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th being a girl?

Yes even girls can also apply for Merchant navy..

Girls can apply for Merchant navy through Indian Maritime University.Which conduct exam every year and give a greater opportunity for girls to be part of navy..

These days girls are part of various fields of armed forces,and have joined as cadets in the nautical sciences and marine engineering courses conducted by various institutes in India.
But still i consider to be part of NAVY rather then merchant navy.

Eligibility for it is 12thclass if you have physics, maths and chemistry combination.so as do join merchant navy..

but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board...............
9th September 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Can we do merchant navy? If my stream is commerce plz do reply
24th September 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my 12th pcm combine and i scored 47.83% so can i apply for the merchant navy,plz do rply.....
29th September 2011, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

I am 12 passed st. Of kv can a medical st. Get into merchant navy.girl with pcb subjects.
29th November 2011, 09:36 PM
tuntunia

hello

Girls can apply for Merchant navy through Indian Maritime University.Which conduct exam every year and give a greater opportunity for girls to be part of navy..

These days girls are part of various fields of armed forces,and have joined as cadets in the nautical sciences and marine engineering courses conducted by various institutes in India.

Eligibility for it is 12thclass if you have physics, maths and chemistry combination.so as do join merchant navy..

but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board
29th November 2011, 09:49 PM
tuntunia

hello

but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board
30th November 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

I AM VERY EAGER TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY BUT PEOPLE AROUND ME ARE RESTRICTING ME AS I AM A GIRL .
ACCORDING TO THEM MN IS NOT GOOD AND SAFE FOR GIRLS SO WHAT SHOULD I DO AND WHATS YOUR SUGGESTION.
23rd December 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

I m 4m a P.C.B. Group can i join the merchant navy?
Pls reply me.
Rupa
23rd December 2011, 05:50 PM
harpreet kaur dhaliwal

Post Re: How to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th being a girl?

i am now in tenth standard.i decided to take non_medical in +1and i wants to appear this test .please give me ful information about this path and percentage for this work
11th April 2012, 03:24 AM
Unregistered

do i need to appear for AIEEE before joining merchant navy...will that help if i get a good rank ?
12th April 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

m a girl m in 12th nw i wana join merchant nevy so tel me whr shud i go n join
13th April 2012, 06:29 PM
maya_sarabhai

hello,friend.......

>>Indian Government and Bharat Shipping Limited jointly conduct All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test,this entrance exam is offering courses are

B.Sc Nautical Science
B.Tech Naval Architecture
GP Ratings
Diploma of Applied Sciences
B.Tech in Marine
MBA in shipping and logistic management

Eligibility criteria:

**Only Indian are apply and The prospectus is available in selected branches of Axis bank and must be read by the applicants before applying.

Applications Forms :

>>Axis Bank branches by paying Rs.2,500 and Applications can also sent through post by DD of Controller of Examinations, AIMNET for RS.2,600.

The DD has to be sent to the following address:

Bharat Shipping Limited,

26/32, Paul Mohan Sadan

East Patel Nagar, New Delhi – 110 008.

all the best
20th April 2012, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am 18 year old girl,
have just passed f.y.bcom
but i am very much intrested in defence services.
can you please help me and tell me what are my available options
please help.
THANK YOU
17th July 2012, 04:15 PM
Brutus2007

For girls I can say pls don't join merchant navy.. Very difficult for a gal to stay on ship with so many guys around.And then even when u apply for jobs on ships you will be sidelined and another male officer will be sent . Because the capt onboard wants his officers to take responsibility. Rather than to over pressurize his other officers as they have to do the gal officer jobs as well.
On ship life is not like office work but you are onwatch as an officer for navigating the ship. In day and night .. So in night you will be alone with a able seaman who is 10 pass
Away from family for 9 months.. And if he misbehaves with you the Capt is in fix..
And also on ships gals are only been recruited as officers.. So all the seaman( crew) are men.. So as a gal officer u have to take control of these men..
And finally u have to be promoted to senior ranks like Ch off/ capt.. Which company will handover it's 200 million dollar ship to a lady Capt..
Think before you jump into shipping.. Don't waste your life in shipping.. Rather I would suggest girls to join Commercial airlines as pilots..
17th July 2012, 08:26 PM
priyankasree

ya!off course friend.

Girls are eligible for Merchant Navy course. Requirement's for Merchant Navy course are.

Eligible for Merchant Navy course

Students passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
Unmarried male and female Students are eligible .
Age requirement is not more than 20 years.
For SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

Post for which you can apply:
Deck Cadets
Navigating Officers

All the best!!
22nd July 2020, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I have 44.5 in pcm i want to study b.tech naval architecture and shipbuilding
24th July 2020, 06:46 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 44.5 in pcm i want to study b.tech naval architecture and shipbuilding
B.tech naval architecture and shipbuilding is a 4 year undergraduate degree course.
The eligibility criteria for getting admission into this course is passing of 10+2 exam from a recognized Board with PCM-Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. The minimum marks required varies depending upon the institute/college in which you are seeking admission.
Admission into this course is through various entrance exams. Here is a list of some entrance exam in marine engineering

Marine engineering and research institute entrance exams
IIT JEE entrance exams
AICET All India common entrance test
IMU CET Indian maritime university common entrance test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?