17th July 2011, 08:36 PM
Renuga devi.k

How to go for higher studies after B.E?

Need details about higer studies after BE?.And which one of those higer studies offer good job and income?

5th August 2012, 05:39 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to go for higher studies after B.E?

You have not mentioned your specialization in BE. Along with your graduation you can go for post graduation programmes. A minimum of 55% marks is necessary for post graduation courses. Apart from this, you can study MBA, which has huge demand in job market. ME, M.Tech are other better options for you. Admission to these courses will be on the basis of national level entrance exams.
5th August 2012, 07:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There are few good options for post graduate courses after completing B.E. If you had given more information about the stream in which you completed BE, I would have been able to answer you better.

Anyway after completing B.E. the most obvious choice is to go after M.Tech. You can choose the M.Tech course depending on the B.E. graduation. However before you get admission for the M.Tech course, you are required to appear in entrance exam called GATE.

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is for candidates wishing to pursue post graduate in Engineering. Depending on the stream you will have plenty of options to pick from.

As far as good income jobs are concerned. Mostly all Post graduate courses in Engineering offer good income. However the ones with highest income prospect are:

Electronics and Communication Engineering

Mechanical

Automobile

Aerospace

You can easily expect income starting from Rs 60,000 per month to Rs 2-3 Lakh per month after completing any of these courses. But before you do so, there is a need to clear the GATE entrance exam which I should tell you is not easy. The best option is to go for coaching classes that would prepare you better for the GATE exam.

The other good option for post graduation according to me is MBA. However I would not recommend it over M.Tech but certainly if you are not interested in M.Tech then Masters in Business Administration is a good PG course option. If you are interested in more managerial role rather than technical then, this is good course for you.

Alike M.Tech, MBA too requires candidate to appear in entrace exams such as CAT, MAT etc. Those who wish to complete MBA from top B-Schools in India are required to appear in CAT exam.

The eligibility for CAT exam is graduation degree with at least 50 percent marks in case of General and 45 percent marks in case of reserve category. After passing the Common Admission Test, you can apply for MBA course in the prestigious IIMs.

Those who fail to meet the requirement of CAT could appear in Management Aptitude Test which was no percetage requirement.
6th August 2012, 01:14 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

After completing your B.E there are many option for Higher study but, you have not mention about a perticular branch in which you have completed your B.E.
so, i am providing you some general information.

The Better option After completing your B.E is M.E or M.Tech for that you have to apply for GATE Exam and have to crack it.

GATE stands for Graduated Aptitude Test for Engineering
you can also join IIT if you score good marks in GATE.

Another option also available like:
=> you can join MBA.
=> you can join IAS.

But, According to my point of view if you wish good future carrier then you should go fo GATE and Get admission in M.E or M.Tech or IIT.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?