18th June 2010, 11:02 AM
Gourav Sarmai

How good are the jobs prospects of Architecture course? How are the placements and how much is the salary?

I have scored 5700 rank in A.I.E.E.E. (Architecture) and has attended the counselling session but i am in confusion to chose this course as i have not any idea about jobs aspects and placements in this trade. Will you tell me about job sector and about salary after bachelor degree? I want a bright and prestigious future so can i fulfill my dream after this degree?

Related Questions:
  1. Do Architecture colleges in Mumbai provide campus placements
  2. Any placements after doing Architecture course from SPA colleges? In which companies can I get placements?
  3. What will be the salary for the candidates after completion of LLB and CS? Does this good of doing MBA for better placements?
  4. How are Campus placements at SPA, Bhopal? -- [New]
  5. Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to get good jobs and placements through Electronics and Communication?
  7. What is the starting salary of an Automobile Engineer in India? Do the MNC companies provide good placements?
  8. Is Part time B.Arch valuable?
  9. How to join Architecture or Animation and Multimedia in UK? Career Which career has better job prospects?
  10. What will be the salary after doing LLB and CS?
  11. Jobs for Microbiologists in Foreign companies in India? How to get a good salary? Which companies provide good salary?
  12. What are the job prospects after bachelor in Architecture? Where can freshers in B.Arch apply? Names of the companies offering jobs to Architects?
  13. Which government jobs are good for girls with a minimum salary of 25,000?
  14. What are the job prospects and salary after completing Masters of Hospital Administration course? What is the minimum salary?
  15. How to do Architecture and interiors?
  16. Placements and Salary after Undergraduation from IIST?
  17. Which B.Sc or M.Sc stream can get a good salary in India?
  18. can I get a good job after finishing 12th? Can I take Automobile engineering? What is the starting salary and the maximum salary?
1st May 2011, 04:35 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How good are the jobs prospects of Architecture course? How are the placements and how much is the salary?

Career in Architecture is promising one. According to a media report there is a lack of 7,000 Architects in India. Or we can say India needs more then 7000 Architects to cater its needs.

About Work

Work for civil engineers are quite easier as compared to that of Architects, because civil engineers can lead by having technical as well as man power skills. But for Architects apart from technical and manpower skills social and soft skills are mandatory. Thats because Architects have to deal with clients, understanding there needs and most important minimizing the cost and providing effective work. So here analytical bent of mind also plays an important role.

Qualities and Abilities required for being an Architech

Analytical Bent of Mind..............! for planing and proposing.

Great Drawing skills, as major work is sketch and building structure associated.

Excellent Leadership Quality, because a large man force will work under your guidance.

Ability to interact with clients.

Mathematical Bent of Mind, as basically there is to subject to deal with Drawing and Mathematics specially Geometry and Calculation and Estimation.

Money MAtter

Start will not be so prosperous. As a consultant you can expect anything between 10,000 - 20,000 as a consulting Architect. Pay also depends upon institute and your skills.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
1st May 2011, 07:35 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

Default Re: How good are the jobs prospects of Architecture course? How are the placements and how much is the salary?

Career in Architecture is promising one. According to a media report there is a lack of 7,000 Architects in India. Or we can say India needs more then 7000 Architects to cater its needs.

About Work

Work for civil engineers are quite easier as compared to that of Architects, because civil engineers can lead by having technical as well as man power skills. But for Architects apart from technical and manpower skills social and soft skills are mandatory. Thats because Architects have to deal with clients, understanding there needs and most important minimizing the cost and providing effective work. So here analytical bent of mind also plays an important role.

Qualities and Abilities required for being an Architech

Analytical Bent of Mind..............! for planing and proposing.

Great Drawing skills, as major work is sketch and building structure associated.

Excellent Leadership Quality, because a large man force will work under your guidance.

Ability to interact with clients.

Mathematical Bent of Mind, as basically there is to subject to deal with Drawing and Mathematics specially Geometry and Calculation and Estimation.

Money MAtter

Start will not be so prosperous. As a consultant you can expect anything between 10,000 - 20,000 as a consulting Architect. Pay also depends upon institute and your skills.
2nd May 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

i expect 255 marks in aieee barch what rank should i expect
4th June 2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

after 1 year i will join best archtecture college but my relatives said me that architecture need 10 year to open my personal studio thats right or wrong ??
and what u suggest if i will start my studio , after complete my this course ?
plz reply fast as possible..........
6th June 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

i have got mechanical branch in karunya university......and on the other hand with my state rank of 936 in aieee i may get in any nit but still i m confused.will karunya university will be good for me to join as per job perspective..?plz tell me
17th June 2011, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Is it important that one must be an exepert at scenary drawing before joining B arch.
11th June 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

sir.my aieee state rank is 729 and all india rank is 11000.. seeing the cut off i was able to get admission in nit bhopal but i hav got jss noida for btch..which shuld i pursue bcz i hav equal interest in both. i even dont hav any idea regarding architecture scopes in india..is it financially very profitable.?? Will you tell me about job sector and about salary after bachelor degree? I want a bright and prestigious future so can i fulfill my dream after this degree?
6th June 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Can i get good placement after compliting M.Arch??? N How many salary will i get??
7th July 2013, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

i've got air 40112 in jee mains paper 2
will i get seat in nit ??
4th August 2014, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

I want to know about the career opportunities and about companies offering placements after my barcg course in nit's
1st July 2015, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

I have both interest in mechnical engineer or barch pl. Suggest me what is good for me or give high package jobafter course i clear jeemain2 pl suggest. Karan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?