30th July 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

How to be an IPS officer after completing BSc final year? I am 1st semester student of BSc

i'm in 1st sem of Bsc(pcm combination).i want to be an ips officer after completing my Bsc final year

5th August 2012, 12:00 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to be an IPS officer after completing BSc final year? I am 1st semester student of BSc

You need to first complete your B.Sc to apply for IPS post. Graduation is the main eligibility criterion for the same. You need to complete UPSC Civil services exam so as to get in to this post. Minimum age limit is 21 years. Higher age limit for IPS officer post is 30 years. You need to qualify both preliminary and main exam so as to attend a physical test and personal interview. You can get more details on this exam from official site of UPSC.
25th August 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to be an IPS officer after completing BSc final year? I am 1st semester student of BSc

what is upsc civil services exam?
25th August 2012, 02:44 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,

if u become IPS Officer, u have crack the civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

your Age limit from 21 years minimum
30 years maximum, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment should not be more than 30 decibels

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck
21st September 2013, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

b.sc cs i want good job
23rd October 2013, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I become IPS officer after complete
B.sc nursing
22nd May 2014, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

hi i am appering 4 my 2 results ...plzz tell me what should i do ...if i want to become a IPS officier?
14th August 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Iam sc cast What is the persentage of digree with elijibulty Ips entrance exam
29th September 2020, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Hello everyone, I m a student of bsc final year... i wanna know how i should have to apply for upsc exam after mine graduation... currently i m writing my final year exams and i m confused for my further studies weather i should apply for upsc exam now or i should apply for pg course (msc) then do apply for upsc which will be more beneficial for me ? And if i m thinking for upsc exam after my ug exams then what are the steps which i have to follow for applying for upsc exam plz any 1 help me i"ll be more thankfull to you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?