29th February 2016, 11:55 PM
Mahesh_Kengeri

How to Join CBI or CID being MBA holder? How to apply for it and selection procedure for the same?

Hi Sir,

I am Mahesh. D, i am a MBA degree holder and i am pursuing M.com (4th sem) from Bangalore University. I would like to join CBI or CID.

Can i have th guidance as how to apply and how the selection process takes place ?

Kindly help me with the moral guidance sir.

Thanks & Regards,
Mahesh. D

1st March 2016, 08:55 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to Join CBI or CID being MBA holder? How to apply for it and selection procedure for the same?

In CID (Crime Investigation Department) , There are numbers of posts. You can apply for CID through UPSC as you have completed your post-graduation in MBA.

Ranks for CIDs
- Additional Director General of Police (ADGP)
- Inspector general of police (IGP)
- DIG
- SP
- DSP
- Inspector
- Superintendent
- Sub Inspector
- Asst. Sub Inspector
- Constable

ELIGIBILITY

For Assistant Sub-Inspector
One must have passed class XII with any stream.

Officer Level Posts
One must have passed graduation with any stream. Graduation with criminology is more advantageous.

Procedure to Join CID

Through Promotion Channel
You will get job in police services after completion of your graduation. Then after you may have chances to be promoted/transferred or posted to CID through your service record. After getting post in CID , You will be trained.

Direct Entry Through Exam
UPSC conducts entrance exam. You can get direct entry in CID through this exam.You will have to pass from three stages in this exam namely (1) Written Exam (2) Physical Test (3) Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?