21st July 2017, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

How to join CSE in B.Tech after Diploma in EEE? Should I switch EEE and join CSE in Diploma?

Hello, I am a student of Diploma in EEE at government Polytechnic and I want to join in CSE stream in B.Tech course. How can I join CSE in B.Tech? Should I switch EEE and join CSE in Diploma?

23rd July 2017, 02:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join CSE in B.Tech after Diploma in EEE? Should I switch EEE and join CSE in Diploma?

You can join Bachelor of technology in Computer Science Engineering after Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering through Lateral Entry Entrance Test. LEET is competitive exam for diploma holders.

Those who secure good rank can change their stream. This exam allows candidates to switch stream at bachelor's degree. You should have at least 60% marks in diploma to apply for LEET exam.

Diploma candidates can also apply for JEE exam to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology.
23rd July 2017, 05:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join CSE in B.Tech after Diploma in EEE? Should I switch EEE and join CSE in Diploma?

No, you are not eligible to join CSE in B.Tech after completion of your Diploma in EEE course. To be eligible to pursue CSE course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma in CSE course from a recognised institution. So, if you are interested to pursue CSE course then, I suggest you to pursue Diploma in CSE course.
24th July 2017, 10:37 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am a student of Diploma in EEE at government Polytechnic and I want to join in CSE stream in B.Tech course. How can I join CSE in B.Tech? Should I switch EEE and join CSE in Diploma?
Candidate if you want to join CSE (computer science engineering) B.TECH after EEE diploma then you can apply through lateral entry procedure.

>> In lateral entry procedure applying candidate must have done diploma of three years.In this entry procedure candidate can directly start studies from second year.

MAJOR SUBJECTS TO BE STUDIED IN LATERAL ENTRY:-

3RD SEMESTER:-

> Digital electronics.
> Basic electronics.
> Object oriented programming.
> Mathematical foundation of computer science.
> ICT tools and security.

4TH SEMESTER:-

> Data communication.
> Data communication.
> Computer organization.
> Data structure.
> Probability statics and numerical.
> IT lab workshop.

5TH SEMESTER:-

> Operating system.
> Web designing.
> Computer networks.
> Database management system.
> Law of engineering.

6TH SEMESTER:-

> .net technologies.
> Data structure.
> Software engineering.
> Java technologies.
> Advance computer networks.
> Embedded c programming.
> Mobile applications development technologies.

7TH SEMESTER:-

> Big data analytic.
> Web security.
> Digital image processing.
> Data compression.
> System administration.
> Networking programming.

8TH SEMESTER:-

>> 6 month industrial training.

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR STUDIES.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?