16th January 2013, 12:26 AM
abhinandansagyal

How to join IMA and what is the age to join?

hi my name is abhi... my DOB is 27 jan 1991 ... plz tell me with how much chances m left to join IMA and till wat age i can join..... plz in detail i want....

26th May 2013, 04:40 PM
aklk224

Post Re: How to join IMA and what is the age to join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinandansagyal View Post
hi my name is abhi... my DOB is 27 jan 1991 ... plz tell me with how much chances m left to join IMA and till wat age i can join..... plz in detail i want....

Dear sir,
Yes you can apply for this exam

IMA is the Indian Military Academy.The "Combined Defence Services" Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy

Educational Eligibilityegree from a recognized university or equivalent

Age limit:19-24 years and you must be unmarried

The exam pattern :3 papers 300 marks questions and having below subject questions

paper 1: English---100 marks
paper 2:General Knowledge--100 marks
paper 3:Elementary Mathematics i.e Numerical Ability (includes arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, geometry, statistics--100 marks

All the Best
26th May 2013, 05:43 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join IMA and what is the age to join?

IMA is for INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY DIRECT ENTRY ( NON TECHNICAL MEN ). there is not any any entrance exam for IMA you will directly be called for SSB.

UPSC invites application form twice a year for IMA. you have to fill form and after this you will be called for SSB.

Eligibility criteria for IMA-

Your Age should be between 19 and 24 yrs.

you should have graduation from any Recognised university.

only un Married person can apply

These are eligibility criteria for IMA. if you full fill these criteria then you can apply for this.
27th May 2013, 09:56 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join IMA and what is the age to join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinandansagyal View Post
Hey friend,

TO join in IMA(Indian Military Academy) which is a defence forces of India you need to write the entrance exam for it and there are entrance exams which are conducted for candidate to join in defence forces of India.

To join in IMA you need to write the CDS exam and this exam is being carried out by UPSC and is held every year.

For writing this exam the qualification which you need are:

# You need to have a Citizenship in India

# The Martial Status for the exam is that the candidate appearing for the eaxm must be a Unmarried male candidate

# The age limit needed for the exam is 19-24 years of age

# The Education qualification for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage

# The candidate appearing for the exam must be Physically fit as per the Physical standards.

IF you are going to satisfy all these criteria's for the exam then you can apply for the CDS Exam

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?