22nd October 2010, 11:26 PM
mdhash2020

How to join Indian Army as a Jawan or Soldier? What training is required?

I have completed my +2 and I have scored 85% in my +2 exams with PCMB option.I want to join the Indian Army and serve my country.I am eighteen years old and I want to join the Indian Army as a Jawan.I am interested but I dont have proper guidance.So please help me I am ready to join the training from this moment.Please help me.I reside in vellore in Taml Nadu

23rd October 2010, 06:23 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join Indian Army as a Jawan or Soldier? What training is required?

you can join in two ways -THROUGH NDA or through SSC. NDA is conducted by upsc twice a year. clear that exam and appear for physical fitness test and also interview. similar procedure is there for ssc.
23rd October 2010, 06:47 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join Indian Army as a Jawan or Soldier? What training is required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhash2020 View Post
I have completed my +2 and I have scored 85% in my +2 exams with PCMB option.I want to join the Indian Army and serve my country.I am eighteen years old and I want to join the Indian Army as a Jawan.I am interested but I dont have proper guidance.So please help me I am ready to join the training from this moment.Please help me.I reside in vellore in Taml Nadu

If you want to join army as ajawan you must be 12 passout as you are and should apply for the vacancy which is conducted by army for soldiers from time to time.
They take physical test and medical tests along with written.\Physical test is little tough and you have to qualify it.
23rd October 2010, 12:12 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

since you are 18 years old and you have completed your +2 then at this point of time...Take up exams like NDA 1 and NDA 2...for more details about this exams ..please follow the link..http://www.upsc.gov.in

for higer job details in the field of defence please follow the link..http://www.freshersworld.com

Good luck !!
23rd October 2010, 12:50 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it is very good decision also it is a honored service. thank you very much for your decision.

there are notification when they want jawan to recruit. notification is published in employment news and in their website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in i will suggest you to go through their website to know all the details.

there are also some institution which provide training to join in indian army. you may also join there to fit you for the post.

selam and best of luck for you.
23rd October 2010, 02:58 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: How to join Indian Army as a Jawan or Soldier? What training is required?

Hello my friend,
Here i am giving you a complete description about the process of joining Indian Army after passing 12th Standard.
12th passout students can directly join Indian Army, Navy and Airforce through NDA (National Defence Examination) conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commition) in the month of April and August. i.e twice in a year.
To be a part of Defence Forces you need to appear in this entrance examination and if you get selected then you would be get a chance to appear in SSB ( Service Selection Board) Interview. If you further qualified in this Interview then you would be selected in any of the Defence forces as a Commitioned Officer and also according to you prefrence. You can give your prefrence over Army, Navy or Airforce wings.
Application forms are available upto 15 November 2010 for examination which is going to be conducted in the month of 17 April 2010.

Elegiblity Criteria:The candiate(Indian) must be a 12th passout with age limit of 16 1/2 to 19 years. For Navy and Air Force wing, the candidate must have PCM in 12th standard but for Army arts and commerce students are also eligible.

Fee Structure: Fee during the training and course is provide by the Indian Government.

The candidate should also be physically fit with no eyesight defect.

You can Right now apply for Examination and exam is conducted all over the major cities of India.

Good Luck
23rd October 2010, 03:02 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: How to join Indian Army as a Jawan or Soldier? What training is required?

Quote:
Training is Provide by National Defence Academy, all you need to do is Appear in NDA Examination which is going to be held on 17 April 2011. Forms are available upto 15 November 2010
24th October 2010, 10:55 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The basic requirement to join Indian army as a Jawan is to pass Matriculation exam. Age should be between 18 to 42 years. The process of appointment is through test as per Army procedure. You have to report to the Recruitment Office on selected dates for tests. Selected applicants must pass the Medical Board and Police verification.
31st October 2010, 08:47 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definately you can join in indian army as a Jawan or Soldier.

as you know every post of army person is a Soldier of our nation.

you can join as a soilder in army after 10th.

but it will better for you if you join india army after 12th.

if you join indian army through NDA exam, then it will be best option for you.

if you join army through NDA exam, then you will get good post in army.

all the best.......
11th November 2010, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

i am jai. i have completed my 2.its my dream to join in the Indian Army.but i also need to see my family.so i need to earn to take of my family. is it possible to earn in the Indian Army? if yes, how long it will take to earn and what will be the salary? i wish the answer would be yes. can you please answer..... thank you..
12th November 2010, 12:29 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am jai. i have completed my 2.its my dream to join in the Indian Army.but i also need to see my family.so i need to earn to take of my family. is it possible to earn in the Indian Army? if yes, how long it will take to earn and what will be the salary? i wish the answer would be yes. can you please answer..... thank you..

Seee when you will join the Indian army you will definately get a pay and hence you will be able to earn also.
So don't worry regarding it.
For tehnical fields in army you nedd to have maths and physics in your 12
But for non-technical branches you should have any stream in army
12th November 2010, 02:38 PM
praveen kumar reddy

hi sir,
how to join indian army soldier. can you tel me that please help me
14th November 2010, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i am rishad.i am 11 commerce student.i want join in indian army.my height is 155cm.my father is ex-service man. what i want to do?
15th November 2010, 07:20 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
i am rishad.i am 11 commerce student.i want join in indian army.my height is 155cm.my father is ex-service man. what i want to do?
Sorry to say that you are not satisfying the physical standards as your height is less but since you still in 11 so you can acheive t=your height in coming days as you still small.
you can appear for NDA exam after 12,
Appear for CDS during graduation
or
you can join army through university entry scheme
15th November 2010, 12:52 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

it is very easy to join army as jawan. for this you have to appear for a very easy test.Question would be come from class 10th math and science. After this you have to go through the physical test.After clearing this you wold become jawan in army.

But friend as you you have passed your +2 wiyh good marks then you should appear for the exam of NDA to become leutinent in army.

Best of luck
15th November 2010, 12:58 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

it is very easy to join army as jawan. for this you have to appear for a very easy test.Question would be come from class 10th math and science. After this you have to go through the physical test.After clearing this you wold become jawan in army.

But friend as you you have passed your +2 wiyh good marks then you should appear for the exam of NDA to become leutinent in army.

Best of luck
15th November 2010, 01:23 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms for become a army cadet.......
16th November 2010, 12:19 AM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
eligibilty criteria for soldier in army is:

1. Soldier General Duty
Matric with 45% marks in aggregate.

2. Soldier Technical
10+2/Intermediate exampassed in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.

thank you
16th November 2010, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

hi there...
16th November 2010, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

i have already asked a question regarding the salary information's in Indian army and i have completed 2.. but i still didn't get any e mail...
17th November 2010, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

hi,
can some one tell me if i am eligible to join indian army.i have completed my 12th and my age is 26 now will i be still able to join the army?
25th November 2010, 04:58 PM
gudavalli.vijayakrishna

hai sir i want to know the height of indian jawan when their will be recuirement
27th November 2010, 01:41 PM
amitu27

]I have completed my +2 and I have scored 85% in my +2 exams with PCMB option.I want to join the Indian Army and serve my country.I am eighteen years old and I want to join the Indian Army as a Jawan.I am interested but I dont have proper guidance.So please help me I am ready to join the training from this moment.Please help me.I reside in vellore in Taml Nadu[/QUOTE]
28th November 2010, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed ssc with 63.5%,,, and now iam in inter 2nd year ,,, my height is 168cm ...iam very much interested in army... my age is 18
30th November 2010, 03:38 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,
It's appreciable to see your interest to serve the country.you are eligible for join indian army as a soldier.just go through the 'employment news' paper & daily newspaper in which admission commencement is publish regulary by your nearby headquarters.there will be physical & mental ability(written) test.
BEST OF LUCK.
12th December 2010, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

hi!sir i am vipul
i want to know that how get , i join in AMC(ARMY MEDICAL CORP) ....in both the after the12th & after the graduation in (b.pharm)
plz slove the my problum sir......???????
12th December 2010, 07:43 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey being a bright student i.e by scoring 85% its better that you try out for the NDA for placement as Lieutanant if your PCM background.

Its even better that you go through the CDS exam after completing your graduation course.
Please visit the given link to get all the information

http://www.upscexam.com/defence_exam...Services_Army/

If you want to go in as a jawan then its a much low rank compared to the officer's.You can visit the above link so that you can get information about the recruitment in various ranks.

all the best
25th December 2010, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

but i want to join after 10th becoues i pland after joining army i complet my further study and apply for NDA .
9th January 2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,
I AM SUJITH from bangalore i have to join INDIAN ARMY AS A SOLDIER BT HOW AND WATS THE PROCEDURE TO JOIN...
23rd January 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I am Rupesh From Delhi.I have complete my 12th but i have only 49% best 4 subject..Can i join INDIAN ARMY?And whats the procedure to Join?
7th February 2011, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

try for TES entry that is (technical entry scheme) please visit www.upsc.gov.in
7th March 2011, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2 and I have scored 85% in my 2 exams with PCMB option.I want to join the Indian Army and serve my country.I am eighteen years old and I want to join the Indian Army as a Jawan.I am interested but I dont have proper guidance.So please help me I am ready to join the training from this moment.Please help me.I reside in vellore in Taml Nadu[/QUOTE]
8th March 2011, 08:51 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

enter in army after +2 in 2 ways 1.NDA 2.SSC

but my point of view you complete your graduation then you enter army
in any officer post through give the CDS exam
29th March 2011, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,

i completed my diploma in Commercial Practice on S.S.L.C basis and now i want to join Indian army please guide me how to join Indian Army and what are the procedure, Qualification
31st March 2011, 02:44 AM
Arjun mathur

[QUOTE=mdhash2020;224870]I have completed my +2 and I have scored 42% in my +2 exams .i m +2 pass.I want to join the Indian Army and serve my country.I am towenty one years old and I want to join the Indian Army as a Jawan.I am interested but I dont have proper guidance.So please help me I am ready to join the training from this moment.Please help me.I reside in vellore in
13th April 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

sir i am setu tiwari I have completed 12th with agricultuter subject. i am 20 year old. I want to jpin indian army as a solder.my id is [email protected] please infom me now.
14th April 2011, 12:11 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Hi,
ince you are 18 years old and you have completed your +2 then at this point of time...Take up exams like NDA 1 and NDA 2...for more details about this exams ..please follow the link..http://www.upsc.gov.in

for higer job details in the field of defence please follow the link..http://www.freshersworld.com

Thanks.
14th April 2011, 04:58 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir i am setu tiwari I have completed 12th with agricultuter subject. i am 20 year old. I want to jpin indian army as a solder.my id is [email protected] please infom me now.
Hi,

If you want to join Indian Army after 12th, then i would like tell you that there is no entry scheme for 12th pass girl candidates.

So, I would like to suggest you if you really want to join Indian Army then first complete your graduation

and then apply through Combine Defence Service Exam (CDS) which is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

For complete detail please visit official website of UPSC i.e http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th April 2011, 09:17 AM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hey being a bright student i.e by scoring 85% its better that you try out for the NDA for placement as Lieutanant if your PCM background.
Its even better that you go through the CDS exam after completing your graduation course.
Please visit the given link to get all the information
http://www.upscexam.com/defence_exam...Services_Army/
If you want to go in as a jawan then its a much low rank compared to the officer's.You can visit the above link so that you can get information about the recruitment in various ranks.
14th April 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Army as a Jawan or Soldier? What training is required?

Quote:
Army recruitment rallies are organized by army in BRO (Branch recruitment office) in every state minimum once or maximum twice in an year. Advertisement come in local newspapers and you can also search it on google on regular basis. The best thing for you would be to enroll yourself in NCC course in any college in your district along with your bachelor course.
That will give you an edge in military career and by the help of seniors, you will be getting regular updates about the recruitment rallies in your state.
14th April 2011, 05:50 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Army as a Jawan or Soldier? What training is required?

Hi

To join in Indian army you must have cleared NDA exam to become a soldier.

you just need a 12th std pass for applying this exam. If you get selected

through this exam you can appear for an interview and physical fitness test.

After you get through them you will be given training for becoming an army.
25th April 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
do we need to have a certain percentage after graduation for being eligible to join the army....
8th May 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Res/Sir
Sir i want to join as a soldier in indian army .my dob is 2.12.1986.I passed my xth in march02 with 45% marks and 12th in mar07 with 44.5%.I have no expierance but i am intrested to join the army .pls reply
9th May 2011, 12:28 PM
Deb51

Quote:
It is very good decision as you want to join Indian Army. But your hight is so less from eligibility criteria which needed for an Indian Soldiers recrutment.

You can get more information from website
Www.joinindian army.nic.in .

you can also apply for NDA exams which is conducted by UPSC. To get more information for NDA you can visit the officail website of UPSC
http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th May 2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

I am kiran
i wanted to join the Indian army for a maximum of 2 - 4 years
is that possible ??
i am currently in 12 th commerce stream and i am 6 ft tall i live in UAE
and my lang skills is good !
please reply !
5th June 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I am david my dream is to join indian army i have have passout 12 with 53% from commerce n i want to join army but also want to contiue my study is it possible for me.waiting for your rply thankyou
10th June 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Dear respected sir,gud evening.sir i m ashish kumar,my dream is to serve of india by indian army.
Sir i have passed the medical exam of g.d soldier with 4th group runing and 10 beem physical standard..and my written test has been completed on 29 may 2011,according to me my written test is 76% ok. So i want to ask u...my selection will be or not in indian army,pls ans me of my query pls..sir...jai bhart jai hind
10th June 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Dear respected sir,gud evening.sir i m ashish kumar,my dream is to serve of india by indian army.
Sir i have passed the medical exam of g.d soldier with 4th group runing and 10 beem physical standard..and my written test has been completed on 29 may 2011,according to me my written test is 76% ok. So i want to ask u...my selection will be or not in indian army,pls ans me of my query pls..sir...jai bhart jai hind
14th June 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

I am rahul dipak salve,and i have complited 12th.my age 19 and hieght 172cm,want to guidence for jawan in indian army
please guide me

email:[email protected]
18th June 2011, 12:27 PM
uthamvarma

Quote:
i'm
completed inter and i had joined in degree nd i have may subjects in backlock
nd i like to be an jawan nd wt i have to to
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?