15th September 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

How to join merchant Navy after doing 10th with 75%

hi,
I have done 10th in 75% and now i am appeared in +2 (n/med.) in science stream. Now i want to join merchant navy. I have a good knowledge in computers. I want to know how i can enter the merchant navy.

30th October 2012, 08:47 PM
suraj391

Default Re: How to join merchant Navy after doing 10th with 75%

Hello,
>> A candidate must have completed their
12th std. with PCM From Recognized board....

>> Age of Candidate should not exist 21 years.....

>> Only Unmarried Male can apply for it......

>> Nationality of India......

So, First off all complete your 12th then you are eligible for it......

All the best

thaxsss
all the best
31st October 2012, 01:44 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
I have done 10th in 75% and now i am appeared in +2 (n/med.) in science stream. Now i want to join merchant navy. I have a good knowledge in computers. I want to know how i can enter the merchant navy.

Dear Aspirant,

>> You are not Eligible for applying Indian Navy Direct after completing your 10th Standard......

>> If you are aspiring to Join Indian NAvy then you should have to apply for NDA Examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in year in month of June and December called NDA-II and NDA-I.....

>> For applying NDA examination First of all you have compete your 12th Science With A-Group (With Physics, Chemistry and Maths) from Recognized Board.....

>> Your age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

>> You should be a Unmarried Male...

>> You must have Nationality of INDIA...

NDA Exam is conducted in Three Wings:
  1. Indian Army
  2. Indian Navy
  3. Indian Air Force

Exam pattern:
  1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview & Physical Test

Physical Requirement:

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
24th November 2012, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i am navin kumar can i join merchant navy after 10th with 75 %
24th December 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

hellow sir can i join merchant navy after 10 th with 95%
25th December 2012, 02:23 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to join merchant Navy after doing 10th with 75%

Merchant Navy in a Brief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
Merchant Navy is not easy career because it's a very challenging and enthralling job. Candidates who wants to pursue a career in Merchant Navy must be 10th and 12th passed. There is no such limitations on minimum marks. Having 75% in 10th and have pursuing 12th in Non medical stream, It's not a big hurdle whilist applying for Merchant Navy.

The minimum qualification is only that you must pass your 10th and 12th class to get admission for Merchant Navy. Candidates can check regularly employment news for Merchant Navy recruitment.

Physical Standards For Merchant Navy !!(Eyes )

Regarding Eyes You should be able to read in a distant vision chart 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye with or without glasses. Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism. A candidate must have good binocular vision. The color vision standard should recognize red and green colors that means Color blindness are Not allowed. Just check for your vision if your eyes can recognize Red and Green colors then you are not a Color Blindness.
25th December 2012, 08:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The knowledge in computers is not going to help because you can not get job in Merchant Navy with a Computer degree. You simply have two options as for now. Either after completing 12th you can apply for deck cadet job or you can simply pursue graduation.

If you applied for deck cadet job then please remember that future scope wont be great. The salary would not be as good as you expect from the merchant navy jobs. If you really want officer level jobs then you should complete graduation.

Eligibility

1. Must complete 12th with PCM subjects.

2. Your age should be 20 years or less.

3. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

4. Only unmarried candidates can apply.

5. You should meet certain physical requirements like 6/6 vision and minimum 5 feet height.

6. You should either pursue B.Sc in nautical science or B.Tech in marine engineering.

Once you have completed any of these graduation courses, there would be a lot of openings for you in the merchant navy.

Direct Entry

1. If you have completed 12th then it is possible to apply for deck cadet job. However the company after recruiting, would ask you to complete 3 months long pre sea course.

2. Candidates who have completed B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology are also eligible for various officer level jobs. But they will have to go through 9 months long pre sea course in marine engineering from MERI.
29th December 2012, 07:45 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Its nice to see that you are interested in Merchant Navy and want to jojn it at your earliest.

but my dear friend, i just want to advise you that you should join Merchant Navy after graduation.

This is because if you completed your B.E/BTech in Marine Engineering then its more likely for you to get direct entry in Merchant Navy on officer posts.

The Things that you have to consider mainly are :

* Complete your B.E/B.Tech on a good note.

* You should not have any pending backlogs.

* Your age must lie in between 20-28 years.

* You should not have Hydrophobia.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
30th December 2012, 07:08 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

First of all, I would like to tell you that you cannot join merchant navy as per as your present qualification. But, you should join merchant navy after completing your graduation.

The eligibility criteria required for merchant navy are prescribed as below:-

* Graduate with PCM subjects.

* Physical requirements:- 6/6 vision and minimum 5 feet height.

* Age limit:- 20-28 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 5 yrs for SC/ST.

* Marital status:- Unmarried or single.

* Sex:- Male.

* You should not have hydrophobia.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

18th March 2013, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Join Merchant navy 100% Job Gurantee {FEES TAKEN FROM SALARY DIRECTLY} Only 22 students per course Courses offered 1. B.Tech (Marine Engineering) 2. B.Sc (Nautical Science) 3 B.Tech (Naval Architecture) 4. General Purpose Rating (GP) CONTACT Imperial Marine & Educational Services Pvt. Ltd Mobile : 09176066222 Office : 044 6562 6222 Email : [email protected] Website: www.imperialshipping.in
26th August 2013, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

now i m studying b.e in mechanical in t.e class so i want join MN ,plz give me suggestion to join MN ....my cell no 9604354040
4th November 2013, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

where is the office of the recruitments of merchnt navy ? how much is th cost of becoming merchant mariner?
20th November 2013, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to join merchant Navy after doing 10th with 75%

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2675146]hi,
I have done 10th in 75% and now i am appeared in +2 (n/med.) in science stream. Now i want to join merchant navy. I have a good knowledge in computers. I want to know how i can enter the merchant navy.my mob no. is 7276288672
19th July 2014, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

hlo I am very interested to join mn after 2(non medical)please suggest me how iam join it
6th November 2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir my self Mukesh choudhary I am completed my 12th in science stream with 55% (pcm) . give me advice that how to get jobe in airforce.mobile no 9879877450
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?