29th December 2011, 05:34 PM
pkdossamutha

How to join Ph.D in part time after completing M.A, M.Phil in Tamil? Procedure to join Ph.D? Which colleges give part time Ph.D?

I am a Government School Teacher. I am Completing M.A., M.Phil. in Tamil. I want to join P.hd. in part time. What is the procedure to join P.Hd? Which college give part time p.hd.?

14th April 2019, 03:58 PM
parvathyravi
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to join Ph.D in part time after completing M.A, M.Phil in Tamil? Procedure to join Ph.D? Which colleges give part time Ph.D?

PhD stands for Doctorate of Philosophy.It is the highest degree that a student can achieve. For doing PhD you need a masters degree with minimum of 55% marks from any recognised university .MPhil and NET are additional qualifications. If you clear JRF, UGC will provide financial assistance for completing your course. Usually regular PhD takes 3 to 5 year to complete. Since you have Mphil degree you need not do course work so that you can save time.
Here you can opt for part time PhD .In most of the universities students have to go through entrance exam and personal interview. It is better to have a research proposal before going for the interview. University of Madras, Pondicherry University, Presidency college, Bharathidasan University, Bharathiar university, Thiruvalluvar university, Manonmaniam university are the top universities offering PhD in Tamil. Admission procedure varies from university to university so you can better visit their websites for more updates. If you are able to find out a guide before the admission, he/she can help you in identifying you area of interest . More than anything you should have a passion for this subject. Because in PhD you are examining and analyzing a specific topic in detail
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?