6th October 2015, 11:47 AM
Tapendra2053

How long will it take to be an Executive Chef after Diploma and Bachelor degrees?

I have completed my 12th with computer science now i want to make my career in the field i want to become an executive chef shall i join 4 years course or do diploma on culinary arts at first which will be better to be an executive chef and how long will it take to be executive chef if i do diploma and bachelor. Please give answers fast

27th January 2016, 11:46 AM
Attique Syed

Default Re: How long will it take to be an Executive Chef after Diploma and Bachelor degrees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapendra2053 View Post
I have completed my 12th with computer science now i want to make my career in the field i want to become an executive chef shall i join 4 years course or do diploma on culinary arts at first which will be better to be an executive chef and how long will it take to be executive chef if i do diploma and bachelor. Please give answers fast
As such there is no time limit or growth in any professional sector is time bound. We haver our alumni who have passed out from Culinary Academy of India who have become Executive Chefs in 7 years. But to be a good professional one has to go up the ladder and learn the nitty gritties of the profession in order to become a through professional chef.

Attique
Counsellor
CAI Hyderabad.
20th August 2020, 04:08 PM
chefakshay

Default Re: How long will it take to be an Executive Chef after Diploma and Bachelor degrees?

No one can just go to the top of the hierarchy in any field. Especially when I started my career as a Trainee Chef in Oberoi’s it used to take 20 years for someone to be an Executive Chef but today things have changed and I see my students becoming an EX Chef within 5 to 7 years. If you are a highly committed individual and know what you want to be in the next 10 years and have channelized all your energy to achieve this ….then it's not a big deal you can do it. I have been associated with making careers of young budding chefs as a placement coordinator of CAI and what’s my experience is that anyone who really wants to grow in this culinary profession should dedicate his initial three to four years and then you are assured of the fruits later on.

Chef AkshayKulkarni
Career Advisor & Placements Incharge,
Culinary Academy of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?