1st January 2012, 12:40 AM
kamraj2010

How many seats are there in IES exam for Mechanical Engineers?

i m kamraj kumar ,from mechanical engineering ,i want to know about IES exam ,how much seat in IES exam for mechanical engineers

1st January 2012, 10:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many seats are there in IES exam for Mechanical Engineers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamraj2010 View Post
i m kamraj kumar ,from mechanical engineering ,i want to know about IES exam ,how much seat in IES exam for mechanical engineers

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is

For general student it is 4.

And for OBC it is 7 times.

And for SC/ST it is 9 time

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

EXAMINATION SCHEDULE:-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012

LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012

DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam.So please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IES EXAM IN MECHANICAL DEPARMENT.PDF(17.8 KB, 766 views)
1st January 2012, 12:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamraj2010 View Post
IES stands for Indian Engineering Services examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you must have completed your Engineering degree course in any one of the Discipline :

>> Civil Engineering.
>> Mecahnical Engineering.
>> Electrical Engineering.
>> Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 745 including 50 PH vacancies.

To apply for this examination you must have Attained the age of 21 Years and Not attained the age of 30 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification of IES Examination will be Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website in the Month of February.

If you are Interested in this examination, then please wait for the Notification, The Notification will be declared on 25/Feb/2012.

The last date of apply for this examination : 26/March/2012

Examination Date : 15/June/2012.

So, Please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination Online and for more Information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
1st January 2012, 02:09 PM
tejesh_09

IES - INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE conducted by UPSC every year for the job of different Technical posts under Government in the following category:-

CIVIL ENGINEERING
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNIVATION

The number of vacancies is approximately for 745 posts which will be filled through selection from IES exam.

One must be a B.Tech graduate within the age group of 21 to 30 years to appear for this exam, the final year students are also eligible for this exam. The IES exam will be held in 15.06.2012. The notification for IES is yet to be declared which will come out in the month of February 2012. Hence be updated with the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in to know the updated information regarding IES.
1st January 2012, 03:49 PM
devesh2812

Indian Engineering Services (IES) are the technical services that meet the technical and managerial functions of the government of India. Government spending comprises more than 15 percent of India's GDP. Given the extent of tasks and functions managed by the public sector this extends to a fairly broad segment of the economy covering the railroads, military, public works, power, telecommunications, etc...
number of Seats are not fixed..
1st January 2012, 05:22 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES-INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment of young engineers in various Govt. Organisations in India.

You should be a graduate engineer in CIVIL/ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL/ ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION within a age group of 21 to 30 years of age in order to appear for IES exam.

Now there are 745 vacancies to be filled through IES exam. The notification for this exam is yet to be announced. For further information be updated with official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
4th April 2012, 03:29 AM
Unregistered

sir, is there any role of cgpa or percantage of b.tech marks in ies exam or selection?
14th August 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

from which year of b.tech we should start preparation for ies exam?
15th August 2012, 10:08 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is

For general student it is 4.

And for OBC it is 7 times.

And for SC/ST it is 9 time

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

EXAMINATION SCHEDULE:-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012

LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012

DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam.So please check it out.
Attached Files
SYLLABUS FOR IES EXAM IN MECHANICAL DEPARMENT.PDF(17.8 KB, 50 views)

All the best
9th May 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

i m a btech student from nit rourkela persuding btech from industrial design engineering . So , i just want to confirm wheter i m eligible to appear for IES paper through nechanical ..plzz reply asap ,i wll be highly obliged of u
9th June 2013, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Can a production engineer apply for ies?..... please let me answer in quick way..........................................
15th March 2014, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

how many seats are there in electronics and telecom. engineers?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?