26th March 2016, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

How many test are there to clear for becoming an IPS?

I want to ask only one question :How many tests are compulsory to clear for IPS officer? Can someone please let me know the information on the same? What type of preparations is required to clear the exam? Awaiting for the response.

26th March 2016, 09:41 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many test are there to clear for becoming an IPS?

One has to appear in the Civil Services Exam to become an IPS officer. UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS .

IPS stands for Indian Police Services .

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate appearing for the final year of their degree can also apply for the exam .

-The candidate age limit shold be between 21 years to 32 years . The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview and Group Discussion .

Preliminary Examination consist of two objective type papers i.e., General Studies and CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) of 200 marks for each paper and Mains Examination consist of 7 conventional type papers of 1800 marks .
26th March 2016, 02:35 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and to become an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in all stages of Civil Services examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.

The candidate have to qualify in all stages for final selection for job. For more information about examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th March 2016, 12:39 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

To become IPS officer, your educational qualification should be Graduation in any streams. After the completion of your graduation course you will become eligible for IAS entrance conducted for the post of IPS.

IAS means "Indian Administrative Services",it is one of the most reputed and powerful job in India.

It comes under Civil Services and the selected Candidates will have to work for the Indian Government.

The Eligibility for IPS are :

1- The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for this exam is a bachelor degree in any stream.

2- The minimum eligible age for general candidate is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.

Age Relaxation

Relaxation of age for candidate belonging to OBC category is 3 years and for candidate belonging to SC/ST category is 5 years.

Preliminary examination-conducted during the second half of may. In the preliminary exam, you will have to write two papers.

1- General studies
2- Optional Paper

Selection Process :

The candidates will have to clear his/her Preliminary Exam and then Final Interview will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.

Final Result will be published With aggregate marks of Written exam Marks & Interview Marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?