18th January 2012, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

How many times can I appear for CPT exam?

hisir i want to knoe hoe many times i can apper in the cpt exam nd when was held in cpt xam

22nd January 2012, 02:59 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times can I appear for CPT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hisir i want to knoe hoe many times i can apper in the cpt exam nd when was held in cpt xam
For Common Proficiency Test, conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, there is neither any maximum age limit nor there is any limitations for the number of attempts. However, the registration for the Common Proficiency Test is valid for three years and after every three years, you will have to apply for re-validation, till you qualify the test.

Now, the test is conducted two times a year:
  • June
  • December
The notification for the June Exam usually publishes in the month of February and the notification for the December Exam is published in the month of August.
For more information, refer to the official website of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
27th February 2012, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

if i have not done any coaching of cpt the how to prepare
2nd April 2012, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

i registered for cpt in april 2010 can i write june 2012 exam..
9th April 2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

I REGISTERED IN MARCH 2008 GAV JUNE,DEC 2008,09,11 6 TIMES I AM LIABLE FOR REVALIDATION,CAN ATTEMPT FOR JUNE 2012
22nd July 2012, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

how much time can be given to clear cpt exam
n aftr classifying cpt what hve to do
25th July 2012, 09:45 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

For Common Proficiency Test, conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, there is neither any maximum age limit nor there is any limitations for the number of attempts. However, the registration for the Common Proficiency Test is valid for three years and after every three years, you will have to apply for re-validation, till you qualify the test.

June
December

The notification for the June Exam usually publishes in the month of February and the notification for the December Exam is published in the month of August.
For more information, refer to the official website of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
23rd August 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

after cpt passing cpt wht to do
10th September 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

may i give 4th attempt of cpt.how many times we can give exam once registered
17th September 2012, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

IF I FAIL FORTH TIME IN COMMON PROFICIENCY TEST,CAN I GIVE CPT EXAM AGAIN ON FIFTH TIME
2nd November 2012, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the re-registration fees for cpt
2nd November 2012, 07:58 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Well, CPT is also known as Common Proficiency Test. There is no limitation for CPT test as such. You can give it as many times you want. So you can remove your worries in this regard. Only thing if you take some coaching in this regard, then you might not have to go for the CPT test for multiple time. The CA course that you opt after CPT is even more tough. So after you clear it, prepare a strict routine to clear the two professional courses of CA or chartered accountancy.Good Luck.
2nd November 2012, 10:02 PM
NIREEKSHANA BABU
Member+

Thumbs up Re: How many times can I appear for CPT exam?

Quote:

June
December

2nd January 2013, 03:26 AM
Unregistered

Can I attend CPT 2 times in an year. Like if I did not clear in June, Can I again attend in December.
24th January 2013, 01:53 PM
Arvindvk

Thumbs up Re: How many times can I appear for CPT exam?

Yes friend,
you can give cpt exam every year in the month of june and december. Cpt registration is valid for 3 years and you probably can give 5-6 time exam till you last completion of registration only with fees of cpt exam form. After 3 years you have to validate the registration if you want to continue for giving cpt exam. There is no limits of age for exam.
Best of luck.
24th January 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i have registered for cpt exam to write on june 2012 and i was failed and for dec i was not filled form by paing 1000 and i want to write on 2013 june can i write it and is we should fill form for every attempt.
25th January 2013, 07:40 PM
Arvindvk

Yes friend,
don't worry! as I posted above the registration is valid for 3 years and if you missed december 2012 you can apply for june 2013 by paying examination fee of Rs. 1000.
good luck!
25th January 2013, 09:34 PM
Arvindvk

Hello friend,
if you have choosen to clear cpt exam yourself, there are some note that you have to considor. May it's not 'RAMBAN ILLAG' for breaking the exam but it will help you a bit for the exam preparation.

- HOW TO PREPARE
1. First term to clear cpt is to have enough knowledge of English. "enough" means you must able to understand written quastions or other words. You'r going to study yourself so you will need online dictonary because general dictonary will provide you only general English. In such case keep your mobile with you and get help of google translate. Google translate. its not any software but you just have to write google translate in google search box and have to select your language with english. It will help you a lot in your study.
2. Give equal importance to all subjects. You may choose to prepare quantitative aptitude or accounting regarded as hard subjects and thinking that mercentile law(ml) and eco. Are small books and you can read it in a couple of time. Don't do that and give to all subjects your time as you can.
2. Now second things is to take some time and check out lessons(index) of Q.A. , A/C , ECONOMICS. Now convert that all lessons in your launguage. Did you notice something? May be These lessons you have learnt before right! That is most of circulamn involved in cpt is std.10,11 and 12 and some of other. You may have all previous subjects of 10,11 and 12 in your language so keep them with you when you preparing of a/c, qa or eco. because there are some terms definations and other words that you have never heard/seen before in english launguage. Though some chepters are completly new for you i.e. Limits and continuity and diffrentiability but don't worry! Search on google for this chapter. You'll find some website that explain it with animation/application. ML seems to be easy while reading but actually is not. In case of paper/pancil mode so be careful.
3. Just don't read out the lessons but try to understand it in your way. It will help you to remember concepts and formulas. There are numbers of formulas and concept that can not or hard to store in mind.
4. Keep practicing of writting as well as reading.
5. When you go to give your exam DON'T TICK QUASTION THAT YOU DON'T KNOW just leave it, if you do so and your quastion would wrong then you'll lose 1/4(0.25) mark and that is the reason for failing students at an extent.

I have an example that cleared cpt without any couching and he was just. survent and became ca. So it is not imposible task but depends on your hard work and knowledge to complete. Do more hard work and practice as you can and you'll sucsses.
Best of luck!
2nd March 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

how many times can i attempt cpt exam in one registration
2nd March 2013, 07:44 PM
ankit010101

Hi,
friend

CPT EXAM (Common Proficiency Test) No limit for attend this exam.its conducts two times of the year.

first time-June
second time-December.

Its takes exam charted account of India.

So prepare for its exam and achieve goal.

Thank you
All the best////////////////

6th March 2013, 01:38 PM
Arvindvk

Hi friend,
Cpt registration is valid for 3 years from your registered date. You have not mantained your registered date. In one year you can give two(2) exam in the month of june and december. it means in one CPT registration you can give about 6 exams. You can find your registration date and regarding information in your registration latter. I also want to recommend you to contact your ICAI regional office to confirm your cpt registration validity. PLEASE DON'T MISS TO CONFORM YOUR CPT REGISTRATION before filling examination form, otherwise you will fill examination form without valid registration, you will not get entry into examination hall. Visit www.icai.org wabsite and check notification to stay upto date!
Good luck!
20th May 2013, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

What is the structure of CPT and how many times is it conducted in a year?
8th June 2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
Friends,

I have completed 3 year of Cpt examination but i am appearing only 5 times for cpt eamination, So my question is, can i appear one more time for cpt examniation without any revalidation of cpt.....
23rd June 2013, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

how many registration fees will be charged next for doing next registrion
17th July 2013, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

sir i fail 4th time in cpt i have done lot of hard word 6 month before exam i am now in sy.b.com so what can i do now
19th July 2013, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

what are best institutes for cpt coaching in secunderabad?
28th July 2013, 09:11 PM
Arvindvk

Quote:
sir i fail 4th time in cpt i have done lot of hard word 6 month before exam i am now in sy.b.com so what can i do now
Hi friend,

According to me, in most of the cases, no one can crack CPT level until candidate get enough knowledge for the further level and became qualified for that. So listen, see and learn. Observe things and understand things, I mean what this examination(cpt) and the examiners expecting from you.
Prepare yourself for the next time, you will pass
GL!!!
28th July 2013, 11:55 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

cpt is common proficiency test , its exam is conducted by institute of charted accountant of india in month of dec and june

for cpt 1 must have passed class 12th ,

passing criteria for cpt is 30 % marks in individual paper and 50 % overall. 4 papers are
1. Accountancy - 60 marks need 18 marks for pass.
2. Mercantile Law - 40 marks need 12 marks for pass.
3. Quantitative aptitude - 50 marks need 15 marks for pass.
4. Economics - 50 marks need 15 marks for pass.

you are allowed for 3years ,if then also u dont pass then after 3 year you will hhave to get registered again for the cpt
8th October 2013, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone tel me the procedure for repeaters in cpt
18th January 2014, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

sir,initially i have registered for june 2012 cpt exam now can i give my fifth attempt in june 2014 on same registration
19th January 2014, 10:00 PM
Arvindvk

Quote:
sir,initially i have registered for june 2012 cpt exam now can i give my fifth attempt in june 2014 on same registration
Hi,
First of all I highly recommend you to ensure your registration validity. You can check your registration validity by doing contact with your regional ICAI branch.
24th February 2014, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am registered cpt in Dec 2011 and i was attempt 3 times for cpt and after one year gap now i want to write cpt exam again. So if i elgible for june 2014 attempt? Pls give me ur suggestion.
27th February 2014, 09:36 PM
Arvindvk

Hello friend,
I already suggested above that you should contact board of study for your current CPT registration validity. For example, go to your branch website and obtain contact number and ask them if you're registration is valid or not. You should not rely on estimation confirm your registration by asking your regional branch.
All the best!!
10th April 2014, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

If i can't clear CPT.Can i apply for IPCC after completing b.com.
Please suggest....
[email protected]
2nd November 2014, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir i had commerce without maths in 11th 12th standard and just b.coz of dis i cant clear my cpt i failed in maths from 4 marks and it was my 5th attemp what should i do i skip c.a aur give exam
28th May 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

What happens if we do not appear in cpt exam?
Then what will come in our result?
And when we fill the examination form for next attempt, either we have to write our roll no. of previous exam (in which we do not appear) or not in our examination form?
Please tell me
15th June 2015, 11:18 PM
sairam0123

Hello.

CPT stands for - Common Proficiency Test.
This exam is conducted 2 times in a year.
This exam is conducted by instituter of charted accountant.

There is no age limit.
The no. of attempts for a particular category is listed below:-

OBC :- 7attempts.
General:-3 attempts.
SC/ST :- Infinite times.
The paper is of 200 marks.
And the time duration of paper is 4 hours.
23rd June 2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

I have done b.com in 2012. And i have done m.com in 2014.nd afterthat there is a gap of one year.now pls tell me can i give cpt now.pls reply me
23rd June 2015, 10:16 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

CPT means common Proficiency Test
CPT is conducted by Chartered Accountants Institutions in India. Here is no age limit and also no restrictions about number of attempts. Its registration is valid for three years.
Notifications:-
June exams will be published in February.
December exams will be published in August.
24th June 2015, 01:28 AM
best premmm
Junior Member+

Smile Re: How many times can I appear for CPT exam?

Quote:
I have done b.com in 2012. And i have done m.com in 2014.nd afterthat there is a gap of one year.now pls tell me can i give cpt now.pls reply me
Hello

Eligibility criteria for CPT is a person can register for CPT after completing Grade 10 and take the exam after completing High School (Grade 12).

But with effect from 3rd Aug 2012, CPT is exempted for the Graduates, Post Graduates and the students having equivalent degrees. Commerce graduates with 55% and other graduates with 60% can take direct admission for IPCC.
27th September 2015, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

Sir I appeared in Cpt June 2013 than failed and than Dec. 2013 and June 2014 than I quit....I want to apear in Dec. 2015 is registration valid ?
17th January 2017, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I appeared for cpt in june 2016, i didn't give a attempt in December 2016. Can i apply with the same sro no. In june 2017
3rd August 2017, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I had registered in Jan 2016.. I HD given 2 times CPt exam Bt from few marks I HD nt cleared.. June attempt I HD nt given.. Can I give in Dec 2017 for 200 marks..
4th August 2017, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

I appeared in CPt June n Dec 2016.. I didn't gave a attempt in June 2017.. Can I apply with old pattern in Dec 2017
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?