27th June 2011, 08:14 PM
Shemn

How many times can I give NET exam in 1 year?

How many time i can give the NET exam in one year? PLease tell me the number of attempts allowed

29th June 2011, 12:14 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: How many times can I give NET exam in 1 year?

Hey,
NET exam held twice in every year.
one exam held in the month of june whose result declare on october.
other held on the month of december ans whose result declare on april.
for more info go to web site of uneversity grant commission:
http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html

good luck.
19th November 2011, 02:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemn View Post
How many time i can give the NET exam in one year? PLease tell me the number of attempts allowed
You can apply for NET exam in Twice time ina year because in a year NET exam is conducted by two times.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.
20th November 2011, 12:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NET : National Eligiblity Test.

This examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a Year to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The examination is Held in June and December Every Year and for this year the June NET Examination was already Completed and the Last date of apply for December NET Examination was already Over.

The December NET Examination will be Held on 24/Dec/2011.

If you have Missed the Chance in this year then please apply for NET Examination Next Year. When the Notification will be Declared it will Updated in the Official UGC Website. To apply for NET Examination you have to Fulfill the Given Eligiblity Criteria :

>> You must have completed your Post graduate degree course form a recognised Board.

>> You must have Scored Minimum 55% marks in your Post Graduation.

>> Final year appearing candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

There is No age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post, But for Junior Research Fellowship Post, Your age should not be more than 28 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The examination fees of NET : Rs 450 and you have to Pay the fees through Challan form In SBI Bank and then you are eligible to Fill Online NET Application form.

The syllabus and Previous Year Paper of NET Examination was already Availiable in the official website, So please Prepare well for NET Examination, Only then you will be able to cracked this examination. There are 3 Papers in NET Examination and all are conducted in same day, The First 2 Papers is Objective and Last paper is Descriptive, You have to choose the Subjects in NET on the Basis of Post Graduation and for More Details please check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
20th November 2011, 01:24 PM
ulaganathan jeya

Quote:
Net exam contacting twice(2 times) a year on june and december.for further detail see http://csirhrdg.nic.in/jrfsrfra2.htm
20th November 2011, 05:54 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

You can give NET exam twice in a year.

This exam is conducted once in JUNE & the other in DECEMBER.You can fill the form online.
The eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. You must have completed your Post graduate degree course form a recognised Board.

2. You must have Scored Minimum 55% marks in your Post Graduation.

3. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

4. There is No age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post, But for Junior Research Fellowship Post, Your age should not be more than 28 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
22nd November 2011, 11:32 AM
Bhojraj2151

Net is national eligibility test exam and the exam is conducted by Uge two times every year. For the exam a post graduate candidate having 55% marks or more are eligible for applying for net exam.
As the exam is conducted twice in a year so you can give this exam twice every year.
Official website: www.ugc.ac.in
14th August 2012, 08:34 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

* NET Stands for "National Eligibility Test".

* This exam is conducted twice every year by the UGC for those willingto pursue Ph.D or apply for a lecturer job in Government colleges.

The Eligibility Criteria you require in order to set yourself eligible for the exam are :

* You must have completed your Post graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university with a minimum of 55% marks.

* Your age must be in between 21-28 years (for JRF) and there is no limit for lecturer job.

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* Nepali People who or their family have shifted to India before 1962 can also apply for the exam.

* There is no limit on the maximum number of attempts allowed for the exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
15th August 2012, 09:54 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->NET is an entrance exam that you can give for Phd.

-->this exam can be given twice in a year.

-->one exam is held in month of june whose result is declared in month of october.

-->other exam is held in month of december whose result is declared in month of april.

-->for more information you can visit:-

www.ugc.ac.in

all the best...go ahead and work hard!!

Regards

guri kaur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?