14th December 2011, 11:36 AM

How may I do a Masters course followed by a PhD in Delhi? What's the future prospective if I do LL.M after PhD? I've done LLB from DU with 1st division and currently working as an officer with Indian Revenue service

I have done LLB from Delhi University with a first division in. Thereafter I am working as an officer with Indian Revenue Service since. Now I want to pursue higher education in Law preferrably a masters course followed by a Ph.D. What are the available options in Delhi and what are the future prospects in case i do only LL.M? Are the prospects better if LL.M is followed up with a Ph.D?

8th May 2020, 12:31 PM
Padmashree K S

Default Re: How may I do a Masters course followed by a PhD in Delhi? What's the future prospective if I do LL.M after PhD? I've done LLB from DU with 1st division and currently working as an officer with Indian Revenue service

The phD in law is available in University of Delhi and if you want pursue L.L.M. before doing phD then that course is also available. The phD in law is called as the Doctor of Jurisprudence. The difference between JD and LLM is that the JD is a longer term and has broader scope. The LLM is shorter term and is a criteria to do JD and more specific study. But both courses are competitive and prepare candidates for legal careers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?