18th July 2010, 11:07 AM
ajubk

How much scope for BSc CS freshers?

Hello,
I am a freher in BSc Compuer Science, trying my
luck in this world.I would like to know how much is the
scope for a BSc CS fresher in the IT field.

Hoping for a guideline

Related Questions:
  1. Scope of Oracle certification for fresher in India
  2. Will M.Tech be helpful for me to get a good job in IT companies?
  3. What is the scope in BSc Biotechnology? What is the scope if I apply for it?
  4. What is the scope For freshers in VLSI companies?
  5. Any scope in government sector for BSc Biotech?
  6. What should I do after passing BSc? Is there any good scope after BSc?
  7. What is the scope of BSc Biology? What is the scope?
  8. What will be the scope for girls in Civil Engineering in India? Which kind of Companies offer Job Opportunities for Civil Engineers? What will be the basic salary for Freshers in this field? Carer scope for this course in Abroad?
  9. Scope in BSc Biotech? What can I do after completing BSc?
  10. What is the initial salary for freshers? I have done BSc computer science
  11. List of jobs available for freshers in hypermesh software? -- [New]
  12. What is the scope of BSc course nowadays? How is the BSc Physical science course different from BSc Honors course? Will this affect in pursing higher studies or during job?
  13. Salary for MSc(Nurse) freshers? Scope of employment opportunity in government as well as private sector? Scope in Gulf Countries as well as USA and Europe along with their salaries?
  14. B.Sc IT or B.Sc CS which is better and have good scope?
  15. Is there any scope for MBBS after BSc?
  16. What is the scope of B.Sc in Microbiology? Which PG course should I do after that? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What is the scope after BSc? I am studying BSc 2nd year
  18. What can I do after BSc? Which is having more scope nowadays? I am a final year BSc(CS) student
14th August 2012, 10:59 PM
samatha89
Member+

Default Re: How much scope for BSc CS freshers?

B.Sc. computer science course is one of the job oriented graduate level course. As depicted by the name of the course itself B.A. computer science course involves the study and understanding of computer information processes. The study of the course is based on developing and predicting computer information processes to be able to transform them into computer hardware’s and computer software’s. The course structure consists of algorithms, engineering software’s, program and data representation, computing architecture, mathematics, statistics, multimedia, software testing, computer networking etc.
Eligibility and Duration

The minimum eligibility criterion is 10+2 certificate. The duration of the courses is three years. It does not necessarily require that a student applying for B.Sc. computer science should have science background.
Scope and Job Prospects

The B.Sc. computer science course lays a strong foundation in a student to apply for jobs in computer industry. Students after successful completion of the course can apply with computer institutes, computer based firms, IT companies, schools, colleges, private computer training institutes etc. However a student may also opt for higher education and apply for M.Sc. computer science or an MBA course. A masters degree ids always helpful while seeking for a job, as companies are always looking for skilled and qualified professional. Students after B.Sc. computer science course can also go for B.Ed. degree and venture into the field of teaching.

Hence, we can say that B.Sc. computer science is a graduate level course which is open to students from all backgrounds and is highly in demand.
Course Structure

Computer Fundamentals & Programming
Computer Architecture & Computer Programming
Data Structure & Programming Methodology
Business Data Processing
Database Management Systems
Computer Oriented Numerical and Statistical Methods
Laboratory Practices
Digital Systems
Database Management Systems
Object Oriented Analysis and Design
System Software
Professional IT Skills and Human Rights
Computer Networks
Internet and e-commerce
Data and File Structures
Microprocessors and Applications
Computer Architecture
Operations Research
Computer Graphics
Operating Systems
Software Engineering
Discrete Structures
Calculus 1

Books Recommended

R.G. Dromey, How to solve it by Computer, Prentice Hall of India.
H.M. Deitel, P.J. Deitel, JAVA: How to Program, Pearson Education
C.L. Liu, Elements of Discrete Mathematics, Tata McGraw-Hill
J.P. Trembley, R.Manohar, Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science, Tata McGraw Hill
D.E. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming Vol.I: Fundamental Algorithms, Addison Wesley
J.Kelly, TheEssence of Logic, Prentice Hall of India
T.H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, R.L. Rivest, Introduction to Algorithms, Prentices Hall of India
P. Lax, S. Burstein, A. Lax, Calculus with Applications and Computing Vol. I, Springer Verlag
Malvino, Digital Principles and Applications, Tata McGraw Hill, 4th Edition
J. Aitchison, The Articulate Mammal, Hutchinson, London
G. Yule, The Study of Language, Cambridge University Press
S. Sahni, Data Structures, Algorithms and Applications, Tata McGraw Hill
7th May 2015, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much scope for BSc CS freshers?

I'M CONFUSED WHAT TO DO AFTER 12TH GENERAL SHOULD I DO B.SC.CS OR I DO B.SC. AGRI
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?