20th April 2011, 02:52 PM
premsharma323

How to prepare and apply for IPS officer's post after Engineering? Coaching institute for the same?

sir how to become a ips officer . iam engineering student.how can i prepare for it .please suggest me for a coaching or something

21st April 2011, 03:43 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare and apply for IPS officer's post after Engineering? Coaching institute for the same?

Dear Friend

Every year UPSC conducts Civil Services Examination. Through this examination

appointment to various posts of IAS,IPS,IFS and other Allied Services, are filled.

All stream Graduate candidates are applicable for the exam and so are you.

Age limit:
21-30years for GEN candidates
21-33years for OBC candidates
21-35years for SC/ST/PD candidates

As, you are doing engineering now so, i don't think you will get enough time to do

coaching classes during your engineering. For now, you can join some postal courses

of RAU IAS Academy and Vajiram and Ravi coaching. Both of these institutes are

located in New Delhi itself.
21st April 2011, 01:51 PM
ravd0903

Default Re: How to prepare and apply for IPS officer's post after Engineering? Coaching institute for the same?

Hello friend !

For becoming IAS/IPS officer, you have to give an entrance exam conducted by UPSC i.e. Civil Services Exam.I have attached this year Civil Services Exam notification along with this post so do read it !

IPS is the acronym for Indian Police Service, another civil service sector that draws thousands of aspiring candidates. Admission to IPS can be obtained upon successful clearance of the all India competitive exam administered by UPSC.

IPS came into existence in the year 1948 and it reinstated the Imperial Police.

IPS is one of the three prominent All India Government Services. Other two services are IAS (Indian Administration Service) and IFS (Indian Foreign Service).

IPS exam pattern

The UPSC examination comprses of two successive stages. IPS exam is carried out by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and constitutes two stages:

The Preliminary Examination and
The Main Examination.

Preliminary Exam comprises multiple choice questions and is also a qualifying exam for appearing into second exam.

Main Examination which comprises a written exam and an interview.

IPS exam courses

Since the civil services sector is a lucrative career option and is in great demand due to the high level of job security it offers, it attracts a lot of aspiring candidates. However, careful planning and preparation is required to be able to clear the UPSC examination. Several institutes all over the country offer UPSC examination preparation courses. These courses can be done through correspondence also as all the relevant study material gets sent to the candidate.

Eligibility for IPS exam

You must be 21 years (minimum) and 30 years (maximum) at the time of taking exam. SC/ST/OBC and ex-servicemen are given exemption of 3 to 5 years in maximum age limit.
People belonging to general category can appear for IPS exam four times, while OBCs can appear for seven times but no limit has been set for SC/ST. keep in mind, even appearing in just exam is counted as an attempt.
You also need to meet physical standards mentioned in application form.

Preparation tips for IPS exam

Preliminary exam is a qualifying stage. This exam has two papers in which one is optional (means you can choose a subject of your own choice) and other is of General Studies which is a compulsory exam and you have to give importance to both.
To get a good command over General Science, it is must that you prepare at least eight subjects of high importance properly. These subjects include Mental Ability, Economy, Political Science, Science, Current Affairs, Geography, History and General Knowledge.
The best way to begin your exams preparation in above mentioned subjects is to start with NCERT books of 6th to 12th standard.
To keep updated with ‘current affairs’ you will require reading newspapers from at least one year back from the time of appearing for exam. Make notes of all the important events, incidents in the country as well as around the world.
Other than books, you also need to prepare from a good atlas for ‘Geography’.
For ‘General Knowledge’, you must read ‘Competition Success Review” and collect facts. Also, you can solve question papers of previous years’ preliminaries.
For ‘General Studies’ read political and business magazines as much as you can but within limit.
For ‘optional subject paper’, the most important thing is that you choose a subject about which you are very much confident. The best way to do is this is to go through the syllabus of that subject and look if you have covered all those topics mentioned in your degree course.
Do prepare for both ‘Preliminary’ and ‘Main’ exam very well, as you will not have much time to prepare for ‘Main’ exam after clearing prelims successfully.
To prepare for optional subject, get the civil service exam syllabus. Cover all the topics and attempting all the related question papers simultaneously.
You must keep in mind that the IPS is a highly reputed service in India and one has to go through rigorous tests before making it final. Success is possible with proper planning for the exam preparation and executing that planning in the most effective manner.

For further information & coaching classes refer to following links :

http://www.hunt4career.com/study-material/ips/top-rated-ips-training-institutes

http://targetstudy.com/professions/ips-officer.html

Best of luck !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 95 views)
21st April 2011, 06:11 PM
prashant.jha39
Member+

for getting into IPS cadre you need to clear the civil services examination cnducted by UPSC for which you can get coaching at Rao's study circle
23rd April 2011, 12:01 AM
amahajan

My dear friend I think you should join a coaching for UPSC exam because the syllabus of UPSC exam has no limit. anything can be asked in the exam and we do not have much material with us so if you will join a coaching you get good study material for this exam and A coaching institute must be there in your city.
24th August 2011, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

what is your post after doing ips ...i mean that what you become (ACP DGP or what)
18th September 2011, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

I've doing B.com Ist year. And I want to apply for IPS Exam after completing my B.Com.
So what should I do from now onwards?
Plz guide me as soosn as possible.
22nd September 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

i have complited my b.ech in computer sc ,can i give IPS entrance exam?
7th October 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

How many question in IPS exam and how many passing marks
14th October 2011, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

hi sir iam pursuing my b.tech final year so i want to get coaching in a good institutions and i want to know about fee details plz reply me as soon as possible
14th October 2011, 12:49 PM
ravi_1234

hi sir i am ravindra pursuing my b.tech(final year) i want to get IPS coaching and fee details plz reply me as soon as possible.
12th November 2011, 03:25 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Dear Friend

Every year UPSC conducts Civil Services Examination. Through this examination

appointment to various posts of IAS,IPS,IFS and other Allied Services, are filled.

All stream Graduate candidates are applicable for the exam and so are you.

Age limit:
21-30years for GEN candidates
21-33years for OBC candidates
21-35years for SC/ST/PD candidates

As, you are doing engineering now so, i don't think you will get enough time to do

coaching classes during your engineering. For now, you can join some postal courses

of RAU IAS Academy and Vajiram and Ravi coaching. Both of these institutes are

located in New Delhi itself.
27th November 2011, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

If am an employee of any gov't office, can I I become ias officer
8th February 2012, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

You must be 21 years (minimum) and 30 years (maximum) at the time of taking exam. SC/ST/OBC and ex-servicemen are given exemption of 3 to 5 years in maximum age limit.
People belonging to general category can appear for IPS exam four times, while OBCs can appear for seven times but no limit has been set for SC/ST. keep in mind, even appearing in just exam is counted as an attempt.

Preliminary exam is a qualifying stage. This exam has two papers in which one is optional (means you can choose a subject of your own choice) and other is of General Studies which is a compulsory exam and you have to give importance to both.
To get a good command over General Science, it is must that you prepare at least eight subjects of high importance properly. These subjects include Mental Ability, Economy, Political Science, Science, Current Affairs, Geography, History and General Knowledge.
The best way to begin your exams preparation in above mentioned subjects is to start with NCERT books of 6th to 12th standard.

AS U HV TLD WE HAVE TO GV TWO SUB, 1 OF OUR CHOICE WITH GENEREL STUDIES..BT THN U TOLD THAT WE HV TO PREPARE FOR 8SUBJECTS...YHT POINT I DIDN'T GT... SOO PLZ CLEAR ME PROPERLY
20th May 2012, 09:59 PM
akhiljc

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare and apply for IPS officer's post after Engineering? Coaching institute for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_1234 View Post
hi i am ravindra pursuing my b.tech(final year) i want to get IPS coaching and fee details plz reply me as soon as possible.
dear friend

For becoming IAS/IPS officer, you have to give an entrance exam conducted by UPSC i.e. Civil Services Exam.I have attached this year Civil Services Exam notification along with this post so do read it !

IPS is the acronym for Indian Police Service, another civil service sector that draws thousands of aspiring candidates. Admission to IPS can be obtained upon successful clearance of the all India competitive exam administered by UPSC.

IPS is one of the three prominent All India Government Services. Other two services are IAS (Indian Administration Service) and IFS (Indian Foreign Service).

IPS exam pattern

The UPSC examination comprses of two successive stages. IPS exam is carried out by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and constitutes two stages:

The Main Examination.

Preliminary Exam comprises multiple choice questions and is also a qualifying exam for appearing into second exam.

IPS exam courses

Since the civil services sector is a lucrative career option and is in great demand due to the high level of job security it offers, it attracts a lot of aspiring candidates. However, careful planning and preparation is required to be able to clear the UPSC examination. Several institutes all over the country offer UPSC examination preparation courses. These courses can be done through correspondence also as all the relevant study material gets sent to the candidate.

Eligibility for IPS exam

To keep updated with ‘current affairs’ you will require reading newspapers from at least one year back from the time of appearing for exam. Make notes of all the important events, incidents in the country as well as around the world.
For ‘General Knowledge’, you must read ‘Competition Success Review” and collect facts. Also, you can solve question papers of previous years’ preliminaries.
For ‘General Studies’ read political and business magazines as much as you can but within limit.
For ‘optional subject paper’, the most important thing is that you choose a subject about which you are very much confident. The best way to do is this is to go through the syllabus of that subject and look if you have covered all those topics mentioned in your degree course.
Do prepare for both ‘Preliminary’ and ‘Main’ exam very well, as you will not have much time to prepare for ‘Main’ exam after clearing prelims successfully.
To prepare for optional subject, get the civil service exam syllabus. Cover all the topics and attempting all the related question papers simultaneously.
You must keep in mind that the IPS is a highly reputed service in India and one has to go through rigorous tests before making it final. Success is possible with proper planning for the exam preparation and executing that planning in the most effective manner.

Best of luck !

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-prepare-apply-ips-officers-post-after-engineering-coaching-institute-same-127560.html#ixzz1vQMTCa9B

good luckman
19th July 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

give me some address of a coaching class................
26th October 2012, 07:33 PM
suraj391

To become an IPS officer first of all you need to complete graduation.

IPS(Indian Police Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria;

-->The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university

-->Percentage is not required for this exam.

-->Final year candidates also eligible

-->Candidate should be a citizen of india.
In order to become IPS Officer, you should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC every year.

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test(or Civil Services Preliminary Exam)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the
candidate to take this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with
any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have appeared for final
year exams of Graduation course and waiting for
the result can also apply for this Exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of
21-30 years to be eligible for this Exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.
8th March 2013, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

What is the physical eligibiliy required for an I.P.S officer.?
5th November 2013, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by premsharma323 View Post
sir how to become a ips officer . iam engineering student.how can i prepare for it .please suggest me for a coaching or something
how to become a ips officer
6th November 2013, 10:43 PM
Thippa Reddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by premsharma323 View Post

IPS exam pattern

The Main Examination.

IPS exam courses

Eligibility for IPS exam

Best of luck !

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-prepare-apply-ips-officers-post-after-engineering-coaching-institute-same-127560.html#ixzz1vQMTCa9B

all the best dude...........................
17th June 2015, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

To become an ips offer any way other than civil service examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?