26th November 2015, 01:11 PM
Rachit puri

How to prepare for MCA entrance exam without coaching? Syllabus of such entrance exam?

Sir Please guide me how to prepare MCA entrance exam without any coaching because money problem faced me so sir pls guide with syllabus send my mail id. [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Can I prepare for MCA at home or at Coaching center? Good books to prepare for MCA Entrance Examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to prepare for Entrance Exams for MCA course? What syllabus should I prepare for this? What will be the Exam pattern for this? Which Books are best choice for me to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  3. Which Books to prepare for MCA Entrance Exam of IP University? What syllabus to prepare for this Entrance Exam?
  4. Names of books for preparation for Kerala entrance exam for MCA exam? Syllabus of the MCA entrance in Kerala?
  5. Procedure to apply for MCA entrance? Syllabus of MCA entrance exam?
  6. What is the date of MCA entrance exam? What is the syllabus of the entrance exam for MCA
  7. What is the syllabus of MCA in IIT JAM? How to prepare for this entrance exam?
  8. Information about entrance exam for MSc Physics? How can I prepare for the entrance?
  9. JNU MCA entrance exam question papers
  10. How to prepare for MCA at home?
  11. What is the syllabus of UPTU entrance exam for MCA? How to prepare for the exam?
  12. Date of B.Stat entrance exam? How should I prepare for the exam? Last 5 years question papers? Is there any coaching institute for the entrance exam in Bangalore?
  13. HCU entrance exam papers in MCA? How to prepare for the entrance exam?
  14. When will MCA entrance exam of PU be held? What's the syllabus and applying procedure for the same?
  15. When will be the entrance exam of MCA? Eligibility criteria for it and how to prepare for MCA exam?
  16. MCA entrance exam date for the upcoming years? Syllabus of the entrance test?
  17. How to gain admission in medical college?
  18. Syllabus and Previous year paper of CUSAT MCA entrance exam?
27th November 2015, 12:23 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for MCA entrance exam without coaching? Syllabus of such entrance exam?

MCA is a two years post graduation degree course of computer application.

There are some tips to prepare for MCA entrance exam:-

*You should be aware of the exam pattern.There are three sections in this exam.

*Start preparing as soon as you plan to pursue MCA

*First section of analytical ability

*Second section consists of mathematical ability .You should have mental practice of mathematics.

*Third section consists of communication ability.You should be well practiced .

*You can start the preparation of MCA entrance in the final year of graduation.

*You must keep in mind that the questions are so confusing so one should take care of the time.

Syllabus:- Mathematics

Computer Awareness

Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning

General Awareness

Total :- 200 Questions
27th November 2015, 01:53 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for MCA entrance exam without coaching? Syllabus of such entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit puri View Post
Sir Please guide me how to prepare MCA entrance exam without any coaching because money problem faced me so sir pls guide with syllabus send my mail id. [email protected]
MCA Entrance Exam Pattern at a glance:-

Generally questions for the exam are asked from the following subjects:-
  • Mathematics (10+2) Level - 100 Questions
  • Computer Awareness - 40 Questions
  • Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning - 40 Questions
  • General Awareness - 20 Questions
Mainly objective type questions are asked where multiple choices are given with each question and you have to choose the right one. The duration of the exam is usually two hours.

Here's a list of some of the books you can refer to :-

-A Complete Package for MCA Entrances Guide
by Amit M Agarwal
Publisher: Arihant Publications

-BIT Online MCA Entrance Test
by Amit M Agarwal
Publisher: Arihant Publications

-MCA Test: Master of Computer Application Entrance Test
(Paperback)
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

-A Complete Guide For M.C.A. Entrance Exam
by R. S. Aggarwal
Publisher: S. Chand Publisher

-MCA Entrance Of All India Universities
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

If you want to prepare on your own then I would recommend you to make a study schedule and stick to it. This plan should usually comprise of getting a good grip on the exam pattern first, then making a list of some of the books which can give you a good overview of the exam pattern and lastly some very good practice papers to check your progress report. If possible you should also download as many mock test papers as possible and solve them religiously.

To know about the detailed MCA exam pattern please download the file that I have uploaded for you.
Attached Files
File Type: docx New Microsoft Office Word Document (14).docx(14.1 KB, 74 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?