15th December 2010, 03:47 PM
suma.jasthi

How to prepare for TNPSC group I exam? Pattern of Group I exam? Qualification marks required?

hello sir,
I completed my MBA(HR) from Osmania University in 2004-2006 batch. wheather im eligibile for tnpsc exam. What is the pattern for Group1 exam. pls give some tips to prepare in group i examination and how to improve myself give some ideas. how to get prescribed study material for group1 exams? what is the qualifying mark?what are the main topics to be covered? also give me the every day schedule for preparing?

3rd August 2011, 01:16 PM
panjajanya

Default Re: How to prepare for TNPSC group I exam? Pattern of Group I exam? Qualification marks required?

Hi,

I dont know if you got the information already.

Yes you are eligible.

"Candidate should possess a Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the
Central or State Legislature in India or any other educational institutions established by an
Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the
University Grants Commission Act, 1956."

if you dint have tamil as your language in SSLC, you will have to pass in the first 2 years of service of the departmental exam of tnpsc.

For Group 1 Prelims: You have to be strong in Current Affairs, General Studies( better if you revise Std 6 - 10 all state board text books, Standard 11,12 Biology, economics, statistics, commerce, and Ethics and Culture book of std 12)
Tamilnadu Government Website - for schemes
Yojana/Thittam books of the Publication division - for social issues and schemes
Then be well versed in the current affairs especially of last year

Syllabus you can find in tnpsc site http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/general_knowledge.htm#a2

Syllabus for Preliminary Examination (Objective type)
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
The paper on general knowledge will include questions covering the following fields of
knowledge. General Science, current events of national and international importance, history
and culture of India, geography, Indian Polity, Indian economy, Indian National Movement and
Freedom struggle, Mental ability tests and other related fields.
Questions on general science will cover general appreciation and understanding of
science, including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a
well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline. In history
emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic,
political aspects; social and cultural heritage of India emphasizing unity in diversity.
Questions on Tamil, Tamil Nadu, Language and Literature, Culture and heritage of its people.
In geography emphasis will be on geography of India including the physical, social, economic,
geography and on the main features of Indian agriculture and natural resources. Questions
on Indian polity and economy will test knowledge on the country’s political, executive, Judicial
System, Panchayat raj, Rural and Community Development and Economic Planning in India.
Questions on Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the
Nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.
General mental ability test will include analysis of classified data, logical and behavioural
reasoning, analogies, school arithmetic, numerical ability and basic concepts of computers.
Current events will include latest developments on all the fields detailed above including
science and technology
24th August 2011, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for TNPSC group I exam? Pattern of Group I exam? Qualification marks required?

how prepare tnpsc group 1 exam
24th August 2011, 09:49 PM
panjajanya

How to prepare? Well im saying what ive heard.

1) Systematic study of 6-10 state board books
2) 11,12 - biology books + Indian Culture Books of 12 standard
3) Brush up the current affairs of the last 2 years.
4) Show interest in the Peoples problems and understand how they are being handled and how it can be handled
5) Buckle up the aptitude tests, Practise them.
6) Thamizh Ilakkiya varalaru - Book
The above ones can be objectively studied for the Prelims.

As you might know for Group I we have Prelims and then Mains.

For Mains the concentration would get descriptive rather than objective.

Hence here the depth of knowledge is tested. Presentation skills and the Knowledge is deeply tested with the help of two papers.

http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/Docu/grp1_pre_syllabus.pdf

You can also check the websites.

http://radiannews.pbworks.com/w/page/9942754/FrontPage
13th September 2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

I'm a second year B.E student(EEE).I'ld like to prepare for group-1 exam.i don't have any idea to start .so plz help me to prepare .first of all what i should do?answer it immedietely!
13th September 2011, 07:55 PM
panjajanya

Please understand the kind of positions for which TNPSC recruits (eg deputy collectors, commissioners etc.,)
Please develop flair towards administration, Learn the status of the state (via tamilnadu government Websites)
Strengthen your general awareness, a lot about the State Tamilnadu, and National affairs mainly.

Start subscribing to one general Awareness Manual Pratyogita darpan, and read without fail each month

Start reading Yojana and Thittam magazine.

Understand Tamil Culture(12th standard Book). Thamizh ilakkiya varalaru(ramakrishnan or Mu. Varadharasanar)

Read all the Tamil Stateboard books from 6-10. Also Read Botany/Zoo, Geography, History, Economics of +1 and +2.

Make sure that you go through and keep revising all this.

Be aware of the Societal Problems(Child Labour, Bonded Labour, Trafikking) and be aware of how you can elucidate about it.

All the Best
13th September 2011, 08:00 PM
panjajanya

Please understand the kind of positions for which TNPSC recruits (eg deputy collectors, commissioners etc.,)
Please develop flair towards administration, Learn the status of the state (via tamilnadu government Websites)
Strengthen your general awareness, a lot about the State Tamilnadu, and National affairs mainly.

Start subscribing to one general Awareness Manual Pratyogita darpan, and read without fail each month

Start reading Yojana and Thittam magazine.

Understand Tamil Culture(12th standard Book). Thamizh ilakkiya varalaru(ramakrishnan or Mu. Varadharasanar)

Read all the Tamil Stateboard books from 6-10. Also Read Botany/Zoo, Geography, History, Economics of +1 and +2.

Make sure that you go through and keep revising all this.

Be aware of the Societal Problems(Child Labour, Bonded Labour, Trafikking) and be aware of how you can elucidate about it.

All the Best
30th September 2011, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

now 6 to 10 th standard all r studying cbse syllabus.. now group 1 mains and preliminary exams how to prepare? and questions will expect from state standard book or cbse pattern.?
4th October 2011, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

i have 40% in degree so i am eligible for group1 yes or no
13th November 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

please suggest me some good coaching centres for TNPSC in chennai....
15th February 2012, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

what are the levels available in group 1 exam??? is it like -pelims,main and them interview???
16th March 2012, 09:31 PM
Iyalarasi.R

hai friends,
I am doing my mca. can u please suggest me best books to prepare for group1 exam.
hereafter only i am going to prepare for this exam. let me know that how many months is need to prepare for this exam?
17th March 2012, 08:36 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows.....
*The candidates should have a graduation degree , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 20 - 30 yrs.

The exam pattern are as follows.....

For more details visit official website of TNPSC.

Good luck.........
17th March 2012, 10:46 PM
panjajanya

to be honest i dont have any commercial intentions behind my posts. The links that i presume you think to be commercial have genuine info which i feel the student can gain a lot from. Anyways ....
1st December 2012, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

can u send me previous question paper with answers?
12th March 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

I am preparing for upsc and have bought books related yo that.Can i use the same for tnpsc group 1 preparations?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?