1st October 2012, 12:39 PM
chinga rathi

How to prepare for UPSC Exam being a B.Com Graduate and pursuing CA Final? Which subjects should I choose for Preliminary and Main Exam?

How to prepare for upsc exam as i am B.com graduate and in ca final? Also state
Combination of subjects for preliminery and main exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus for UPSC Preliminary and Main Exam along with subject combination being a candidate having passed B.Com (Honors) and appearing for CA Final? How to prepare for UPSC Exam?
  2. How should I go through Preliminary and Main Exam of MPSC? Which subjects to be solved in Preliminary and Main Exam?
  3. Is the optional paper of IPS held after first two paper?
  4. Optional subjects for UPSC preliminary exam? I am doing my final year B.E ECE
  5. How can I prepare for UPSC Preliminary exam? Suitable books for preparation? What are the subjects enlisted for UPSC exam? -- [New]
  6. How to be an IRS officer?
  7. Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  8. How to apply for IAS after passing engineering?
  9. How to choose the optional subjects for upsc preliminary and mains exams? can I choose more than one option? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I appear for upcoming civil services examination being a candidate at an age of 28 years?
  11. Can I join IPS after completion of 12th class?
  12. Difference between IAS and KAS? Eligibility for both administrative service entrance exams? Procedure for these exams?
  13. Am I eligible for IPS entrance after completing BBA?
  14. Required Educational Qualification to become IAS Officer?
  15. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  16. How can I become an IPS officer after completing 12th and F.Y.B.Com?
  17. Which subjects should I choose for UPSC Exam being a candidate pursuing Environmental Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to attend Civil Service examination after doing BSc Mathematics?
1st October 2012, 06:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for UPSC Exam being a B.Com Graduate and pursuing CA Final? Which subjects should I choose for Preliminary and Main Exam?

I am curious as why are you appearing for Civil Service Exam after doing Chartered Accountancy. You should not have done CA if you were interested in Civil Service Exam. It was waster of hard work, money and time by opting for CA while your intention was Civil Service Exam.

To answer your qestion. As you may know that there are two stages of Civil Service Exam. The first one is Preliminary Exam while the second on is Main Exam. Now to pass the exam firstly you will have to clear the Preliminary Exam. There are two papers in the Preliminary Exam.

First exam would be general studies while other exam would be on optional subject. To prepare for Preliminay Exam for General studies you should focus on the general knowledge and current affairs.

Read some good books on general knowledge at the same time watch a lot of news and read newspapers to keep you updated with latest happenings in the world. It would be very important.

As for optional subject, you will be given choice to pick from a number of subjects. It really depends on you. You can choose a subject related to commerce stream in which you completed graduation. Most students find it convenient. However what a lot of students do is choose Geography or History as the subjects so they can clear the Preliminary Exam. You can read NCERT Books for 12th to prepare for Geography, history etc.

In the Main Exams you will first have to focus on English. It is very important that your English language skills are good. Since there will be a paper on English which will include Essay that could be tricky for someone who don't have good command over the language. You can buy a good essay book to prepare. At the same time write a lots of Essay in English and ask some of your friend with good English to check them out.

You will have to pick two optional subjects. One could be the same as in Preliminary while use the same method mentioned earlier to choose the other subject.

Other papers would be on a Indian language which I am sure you will not find difficult. You can pick your mother language like Gujarati, Hindi etc for the paper. Most people don't find any difficulty in that exam. Two papers would be on General studies. Since you would have put of lot of effort on these two subjects because preliminary exam, I think that would not be any problem as well.

To be prepared better you can also take mock tests online or download previous years papers and solve them time to time. This will help you check which are the weak areas for you while which areas are strong.
24th October 2012, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for UPSC Exam being a B.Com Graduate and pursuing CA Final? Which subjects should I choose for Preliminary and Main Exam?

I am in graduation first year.i want to prepare civil exams.what can i do at this stage.
5th January 2013, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

i am a s.y.b.com student i WANT TO GIVE EXAM FOR CDS EXAM AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH BOOKS I SHOULD PREFER AND CLASSES
30th September 2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

mai ca ki tyari kar raha hu but mera final deatination upsc hai at the same time meri general knowledge ka level zero, kya mai upsc ke exam crack kar sakta hu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?