27th May 2012, 04:53 AM
anuroop.satle

How to serve as an Architect in Indian Army? I am pursuing final year B.Arch degree

Sir,
I am Pursuing Final year B.Arch Degree(Architecture),I am interested in serving as an Architect in the Indian Army,Kindly guide me in this process to achieve my Goal.

Related Questions:
  1. What do I do to get Job in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of M-Pharmacy?
  2. How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech? I am doing bachelors degree in electronics and communication(2nd Year)
  3. How can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  4. How to join in indian army being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in Nursing?
  5. Indian Army after M.Sc (Microbiology), age 22?
  6. Procedure to be followed to join Indian Army after 12th science(PCB)? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which posts I can apply for in Indian Army being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?
  8. What are the steps to become an officer in Army? Am I eligible for the same? I am a 22 years old married woman and pursuing MCA(In final year) degree. My husband is working in army
  9. Indian Air Force and Indian army recruitment for 18 years old person?
  10. Can I apply for Indian army before completion of my B.Tech? What's the exam which will I face to enter in to army? What's the package offered by army for technical engineers?
  11. Required Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if pursuing B.Com Pass? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army? -- [New]
  13. How to join Indian Army after passing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  14. Am I eligible to join Indian forces? I am a final year B.Tech degree from computer science stream
  15. Can i apply for Indian Army after pursuing commerce degree?
  16. What should I do to become a Pilot being a candidate of pursuing 12th standard?
  17. Procedure to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing final year of Polytechnic in Mechanical?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Army having completed 12th with Commerce and without Mathematics and pursuing final year of BBA?
27th May 2012, 12:52 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to serve as an Architect in Indian Army? I am pursuing final year B.Arch degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuroop.satle View Post
Sir,
I am Pursuing Final year B.Arch Degree(Architecture),I am interested in serving as an Architect in the Indian Army,Kindly guide me in this process to achieve my Goal.
You can join Indian Army as an officer through various entry schemes. The various entry schemes are Combined defence service examination, Technical graduate course(TGC), Short service commission(SSC). The detailed eligibility criteria required for the various entry schemes is given below:

Combined defence service examination
CDS examination is conducted by the Union public service commission twice in a year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Army, Air force and Navy.
Candidate applying for the combined defence service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers Training Academy 19-25 Years

TECHNICAL GRADUATE COURSE
TGC entry is only for the engineering students. Those who are in final year of engineering or passed the engineering are eligible to apply for the Technical graduate course entry.
Candidates of equivalent degree are also eligible to apply for this entry scheme.

Age Limit
Candidate applying through TGC entry should have age between 18-28 years. No relaxation in age is given to any reserved category candidates.

SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
SSC entry is also for engineering students only. Candidates who are in final year of their engineering degree or have completed their degree are eligible to apply for this entry scheme.
Candidates of equivalent degree are also eligible to apply for this entry scheme.

Age Limit
For SSC entry candidate age should be between 18-28 years.

Candidates who are in pre final year of their engineering may apply through University entry scheme. For more information about the above entry schemes you can also visit at the below web site:

www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
11th June 2012, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to serve as an Architect in Indian Army? I am pursuing final year B.Arch degree

can i join indian army after bsc.electronics?
17th August 2012, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to serve as an Architect in Indian Army? I am pursuing final year B.Arch degree

Hrushikesh,
I am a studying in 12th standard. I would like to ask you, is any architect or designer eligible for indian armed?
28th August 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

How to apply in Indian army as an Architect(freshers)? What will be the job as an Architect?
22nd September 2013, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

sir,
I am pursuing bachelor of architecture and I am a girl. Can I join Indian Air force? If I can please guide me.
5th January 2014, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am studying in b.arch 2nd year( degree). I would like to ask you, after completing b.arch may i join indian army as an architect?
15th January 2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

how should i joined as architect in army
30th January 2014, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am an Architect from bhubaneswar.My keen desire is to join Indian Army as an architect, but I am a Candide suffering from colour vision. Please guide me if I can join armed forces as an architect. Because it'll not create measure problem in duty as an architect.
3rd February 2014, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am in studing in 12th std my dream is to join Indian Army as an architect,so how should I join the Army.
25th February 2014, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,im a student of second year barch from bnca college pune and want to join indian army as an architect pl guide me
13th May 2014, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir m a b.arch student and the age limit s just 23 and by the time I finish my architecture course ill be 23,I need a solution for my question,kindly reply to my dilemma
10th July 2014, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam,
I have basically interest in field job and my father i army so my main aim is indian army officer.i have clear the jee main architerature paper and my rank is nearly45000.so if i done architerature can i get officers entry in army or any other administrative service and can i eligible for IES whichconducted by upsc.sir plz reply bcoz last date to fill online counselling is 12 july.
Thankyou
2nd September 2014, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am studying in b.arch 3rd year( degree). I
would like to ask you, after completing b.arch
may i join indian navy/air force as an architect?
24th May 2015, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Respected madam,
I am a student of std 11. I am a girl. Trust me when I say this, I could never find anything interesting in anything and I wasn't even sure about my career. My parents want me to join an engineering college after 12th. But during my vacations I attended a military camp. After this camp I finally felt that I belong to this field. Obviously it wasn't an exact military camp,but a personality development camp. I wish to do join the armed forces medical college. But there are only 25 seats reserved for girls. It is tough to get admission in this college. Of course I can get through the aipmt but I am not sure of the physical tests taken. It would help me a lot if you could guide me for these tests.
24th May 2015, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Respected madam,
I am a student of std 11. I am a girl. I want to join the afmc. Of course I can get through the aipmt but I am not sure of the physical tests taken there as the entrance exam. The seats reserved girls are 25 only. Please could you guide me. Please could you HELP me. Of course not tell me the "secrets" but at least tell me what to do. Should I be flexible and active? Should I lose my weight? Please make me ready for these physical tests.
24th January 2016, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am currently in 12 th grade and I am willing to join the forces after pursuing architecture ...wat r the various opportunities a female architect has in the forces be it army navy or air force?
26th July 2016, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam
I am study architecture in a polytechnic college. Can i join the indian army as an naval architect?
Thnak you.
14th August 2016, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam
I am an architecture student.And i really want to join in navy or in Indian army can i.. even can i complete my bachelor and get masters in naval architecture...
22nd August 2016, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I am a registered architect. And wish to serve as an architect in the Indian Army. Please tell me the procedure to do so.
1st May 2017, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th std passed and how do i join indian army, indian navy or airforce.
i want any one of them for at any posts. How do i apply?
30th July 2017, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am Pursuing B.Arch(lllrd year student), i wanna be part of Indian Army as an Architect. So how to proceed further after completing my ugc and what will be the several options available for me
9th February 2018, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

I Am sharath from kannyakumari doing b.arch 4th year I like work as a architect in Indian army so please explain me if there is any vacancies for Indian army and what is the procedure to join Indian army for architects i am eargerly waiting for your reply so please do reply for this message
22nd March 2018, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm doing diploma architecture now, then after diploma how can I join army as a architect.
8th May 2018, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing bachelor of architecture and I am a girl. Can I join Indian Army? If I can please guide me.
15th September 2018, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing bachelor of architecture final year student and I am a girl. Can I join Indian Army? If I can please advise me.
8th March 2019, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi Everyone,
1 After the B.Arch degree you have option to join Indian Army and Navy to join as an Architect.
2. For Air Force and other branches of Army and Navy, you can apply through UPSC- CDS exam ( but you might be overage as B.Arch is a 5 yrs degree, whereas normal degree is three years )
3. Another option to work for Defence is through Military Engineering Services (MES), there you can apply as Asst Architect or Deputy Architect (see advertisement)
4. If you have passion to join Army then you have two options ( http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in)
a) Short Service Commission technical.,{SSC(T)} at OTA Chennai for both males and females.
b) Technical Graduate Course , At IMA Dehradoon.
the vacancy per course is about 1 to 2 (may increase), see the respective notification for same.
5. After completion of your training at IMA/OTA you might get commissioned into Corps of Engineers (sometimes other arms too) and initially will serving the Nation like other Officers of the Army.
6. However, there is no assurance that you will get posted as an Architect, You may or may not get posted as an architect in MES (deputation) . Else you will be serving the Nation as other officers.
7. So if you have passion for Army and dont mind not working as an architect, then join the army, if not but still interested in defence, join MES.
GOOD LUCK
1st November 2019, 06:38 PM
aurora_siddhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,im a student of second year barch from bnca college pune and want to join indian army as an architect pl guide me
Hey
Did you figure out joining army? I'm from bnca. If yes..pl. contact me
26th August 2020, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

I m studying final year barch (architecture) I wanted to serve army as an architect, can u please guide me after completion of barch what do I do? What all the entrance exams to be clear to join the arm force as an architect ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?