9th October 2012, 05:09 PM
bikram keshori mohanta

How shall I prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Electrical stream?

after complete b.tech in eletrical branch how can i perticipate in ips exam

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream is beneficial to become an IAS Officer? Which stream will provide me more knowledge?
  2. How to get good Job in private Electrical Companies being a candidate having completed B.Tech with Electrical stream in Distinction?
  3. What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?
  4. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT stream?
  5. How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate having completed 10+2 with Science stream?
  6. How can I become an ACP after passing 11th commerce?
  7. Best way to prepare for IAS exam while in CSE 2nd year?
  8. Am I eligible to become IPS being a candidate having completed MBA with Marketing?
  9. Can I apply for IPS entrance exma after studying diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  10. Syllabus to prepare for BHEL Exam being a candidate of Electrical stream?
  11. What is the minimum requirement for IPS?
  12. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  13. How to be an IPS officer after passing B.Tech in Electrical and electronics
  14. How to prepare for IPS entrance exam after completing B.E degree?
  15. How to prepare for IPS entrance exam? Last age for IPS exam?
  16. Which books to prepare for IPS Exam? How to prepare for IPS Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to prepare for IPS exams after passing 12th in medical stream? Is Medical Stream beneficial for my career? How much score is needed in 12th?
  18. Syllabus of EIL Exam for IT stream being a candidate having completed BE in IT?
30th May 2013, 04:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How shall I prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Electrical stream?

Being a graduate, you can apply for IPS exam. For this you need to apply for civil services exam arranged by UPSC. Your age must not be greater than 30 years. You need to prepare on prelims and mains to clear the test. Books from Upkar publications, Tata Mc Graw Hill, etc can be used for study.
30th May 2013, 11:42 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How shall I prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Electrical stream?

IPS(Indian Police Service) exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
You need to clear the UPSC Civil Service Exam in order to become an IPS Officer.

IPS(Civil Service Exam) has three stages to be cleared:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Personal Interview

To clear Civil Exam you need to clear the prelims and mains.
For prelims you need to clear CSAT which consists of aptitude and reasoning questions.
For CSAT you can prepare through RS Aggarwal books for Aptitude and Reasoning.
For mains you need to select 2 subjects of your choice from the given.
You should have complete knowledge of the current affairs that you can get from Pratiyogita Darpan magazine.

For current events you must thoroughly read The Hindu, Economic Times, Frontline and any other competitive magazines. While you read these always try to focus more on people, places and events (such as G-8 meeting, Climate change summits etc.)

You must solve last 5 years question papers in your optionals not once or twice but as many times as possible. This will definitely help you in getting more than 40-50 questions correct at least by intelligent guesses.

You can go through this links
for further details
www.onestopias.com
www.upscportal.com

ALL THE BEST......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?