1st August 2013, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

How should I appear for railway after completing B.Tech 1st year

Sir my name is manesh and i have completed my b.tech 1st year and iam in search of railway jobs. Can u tel mme which exam i should appear yo get job in railway. Thank you sir

20th May 2015, 09:58 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I appear for railway after completing B.Tech 1st year

You can apply for the technical post in Railway after completion of your Graduation degree.

Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway.

UPSC as well as the Central Government conducts the examinations for the recruitment of the candidates for various posts.

For technical post,the minimum qualification is Bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with suitable typing speed in Hindi/English as per the requirement of the post.

The minimum age required to get railway job is 18 year and maximum is of 30 years.
Relaxation in age is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

For non-technical post,the candidate should have passed 10th or 12th as per the post requirement.

The candidate age should be in between 18 to 30 years of age.
Age Relaxation is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

Railway selection procedure is divided into two sections first is written test and second one is interview.

Railway written examination consist four parts:

General Awareness
Arithmetic Ability
Technical Ability
Test of Reasoning

You can apply for SCRA exam to get recruitment in Indian Railways.

SCRA stands forSpecial Class Railway Apprentices.

UPSC conducts SCRA exam for recruitment in Indian Railways.

The eligibility criteria for the SCRA exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics and Mathematics.Appearing candidate can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate who have completed graduation with mathematics as a subject is also eligible for the exam.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 17 years to 21 years. There is no age relaxation for the reserved categories.

-The exam process involves of written exam followed by the personal interview.

-The no. of seats available for general category candidates in SCRA exam is 42.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?