12th December 2012, 09:27 PM

How should i become a collector? I am studying 2nd B.Tech CSE

Hai sir Iam shaheen studying 2nd b.tech cse I iwas most interested towards Ias so plz give me a suggestion How to become a collectOr?

13th December 2012, 06:59 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should i become a collector? I am studying 2nd B.Tech CSE

As you rightly pointed out, to become district collector you will have to appear for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) entrance exam. This exam is conducted under Civil Service Examination by the Union Public Service Commission.

Firstly you will have to complete Bachelor of Technology course. Only after completing graduation you will be eligible for Indian Administrative Service. The role of IAS officer is to implement government policy. You will have to travel to places where policy is being implemented to ensure that everything is being done smoothly and there is no irregularity in the funds awarded for certain projects.

Once you have completed the engieering you can apply for the IAS entrance exam. The forms are made available during the months of November and December. The preliminary exams are conducted in May while the main exam is conducted in August/September.

Even though you can only appear for the exam after graduation, you should start preparing for it at least 6 months in advance. What you should start with is improving your English and general knowledge.

You can read english newspapers that would improve your english and general knowledge. Make sure that you know about the every major development in the country and around the world. Then start preparing for general studies papers by studying NCERT books for the 12th standard.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen to apply.

2. A graduation degree course in any stream.

3. There is no criteria on percentage.

4. Your age should be 21 to 30 years for IAS.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - Four

2. OBC - Seven

3. SC/ST - There is no restriction.
12th June 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

now i am pursuing b.tech in 2nd sem so can i give exam of IAS officer?
12th June 2013, 10:03 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become a Collector of a District, one has to be a IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer and for which one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year after Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Hence as you are studying 2nd year B.Tech. CSE, after completion od B.Tech. Degree you will be eligible for IAS, Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th June 2013, 06:02 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Shaheen,

Its really nice to see your interest towards the IAS. If you want to become a Collector /IAS Officer of your district , then you have to crack the Civil services Exam successfully.

The Civil Services Exam is one of the toughest examinations which is conducted every year in the following stages :

1) preliminary Examination

2) MAINS Examination

3) Interview Test

You have to pass all the three stages in order to pass the civil services exam.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Exam every year.

Through the Civil Services Exam , the candidates have an opportunity to join any of the below mentioned service departments :

* Indian Administrative Services

* Indian Police Services

* Indian Economic Services

* Indian Foreign Services

The eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Exam are :

A) Educational Qualifications :

* The candidate must ahve completed graduation in any stream from any UGC recognized university.

* Candidates in final year of graduation are also eligible to appear in the exam.

* there is no any specific percentage requirement in graduation from candidates for this exam.

B) Nationality :

* The candidate must have Citizenship of India.

C) Age Limit :

# For General Candidates : 21-30 yrs

# For OBC Candidates : 21-33 yrs

# For SC/ST candidates : 21-35 yrs

Since , you are currently pursuing B.Tech CSE and are in 2nd year which means that currently you haven`t the minimum required educational qualification for the Civil Services Exam.

So , it will be better that you complete the B.Tech first and then apply for the Civil services Exam as then you will be fully eligible for this exam.

This is the information i have o the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th June 2013, 06:27 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Questioner,

First of all, I would like to tell you that Collector is known as IAS officer.

You can become an IAS officer after completing your graduation or as a final year contender of graduation.

IAS examination is a civil services examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

The selection procedure for the IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognized college or university.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Percentage criteria is not required.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST and 10 yrs for PWD contenders.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

IAS examination syllabus:-

IAS examination pattern:-

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?