25th January 2012, 03:37 PM
tzz

How should I crack the Civil Service Examination? I am a student of B.Tech

sir iam a student of b.tech and my aim is to crack the civil service examination what should technique use for it from now.my email id- [email protected]

27th January 2012, 03:43 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I crack the Civil Service Examination? I am a student of B.Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzz View Post
sir iam a student of b.tech and my aim is to crack the civil service examination what should technique use for it from now.my email id- [email protected]
There are certain steps which you should take in order to crack civil service exam:
  • Follow the syllabus of the Exam.
  • Refer to Previous year question papers, which is easily downloadable from the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
  • For each subjects, apart from referring to other good books available at local book stores, you should also refer to study materials of IGNOU, of bachelors level. The study material of IGNOU is advised by experts because of its updated syllabus and high quality language.
  • If possible, join any of the reputed coaching center offering preparation program for civil service exam.
27th January 2012, 05:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I crack the Civil Service Examination? I am a student of B.Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzz View Post
You can prepare well to the below given books also practice the previous year question paper.

Civil Service exam is too tough to compare others so you can do hard work to your paper.

BEST BOOKS FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM

UPSC Portal: Current Affairs For IAS (PRE) 2011(Part-I)
by
S. A. Majid
Publisher: Upsc Portal Publications (2011)

The Pearson CSAT Manual 2012
by
Edgar Thorpe , Sh

owick Thorpe

UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam: General Studies Solved Papers
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan (2008)

General Studies For Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2012 (Paper 1)
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mc-graw Hill Publishing Co.ltd.-new Delhi (2011)

Civil Services Success PLANNER
by
Sharma K K
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)
15th March 2012, 12:36 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Dear,
The minimum eligibility for IAS exam is graduation with any stream.
So you are eligible for this exam. You can see fore more details www.upsc.gov.in.

This is not true that professional students are not allows in this exam.
If you have Bachelors degree in any stream you can fill up this form. So without any hesitation
you do preparation well.
Gd luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?