13th August 2016, 03:13 PM
hunnypreety1719

How should I prepare myself for admission in IIT Bombay or Kharagpur?

I'm currently in 10th. My only goal from now is to get admission in IIT Bombay or Kharagpur. How Should I prepare myself from now? and Which books should I read?

14th August 2016, 12:03 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare myself for admission in IIT Bombay or Kharagpur?

To get the admission in Indian Institute of Technology after 10+2 candidates have to appear and qualify in JEE examination.

So, you have to appear and qualify in JEE examination to make it to IIT. The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. The examination of Main stage contains question of 10+2 std but that of Advanced stages is above 10+2 std.

So, for Main you can prefer to go with NCERT books but to qualify in Advanced stages you need to make your concepts clear on all the topics of syllabus.

Some of best books for preparation is :-

NCERT books of 11th and 12th.

H.C. Verma for Physics.

R.C Mukherjee for Physical Chemistry.

O.P Tondon for Organic Chemistry.

K.C Sinha Competitive Book for Mathematics.

These are best books for JEE Main as well as Advanced stage of examination.
14th August 2016, 02:38 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare myself for admission in IIT Bombay or Kharagpur?

It's very good to hear that your goal is to get admission in IIT Bombay or Kharahpur being a 10th standard. To get admission in IIT Bombay or Kharagpur, you have to work hard and the follow procedure which is mentioned below :-

=> After completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue your higher studies in Intermediate or Higher Secondary course with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> While pursuing your Intermediate or Higher Secondary course, you need to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced examinations simultaneously. You can take JEE Main and Advanced examinations in the same college where you are pursuing your studies or you can also coaching from any recognised JEE Main and Advanced examination coaching center which offers good quality of coaching.

=> After completion of your 12th standard, you have to appear in JEE Main examination. If you qualify in the JEE Main examination and secure less than 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination,, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

=> If you qualify and secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination, by participating in counselling process, you can get a seat in IIT Bombay or Kharagpur.

Best books to refer to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced examination :-

Physics :-
=> Concepts of Physics Volume I and II by H.C. Verma
=> Physics – Resnich Halliday (Volume I & II)
=> DB Singh’s Master Resource book in Physics - Arihant

Chemistry :-
=> Organic Chemistry by M. S. Chauhan
=> Physical Chemistry – O.P Tondon
=> Numerical Chemistry – P Bahadur
=> Solomons & Fryhle’s Organic Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced) 2017
=> Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations PB (English) by R.C Mukherjee

Mathematics :-
=> Mathematics – Cengage
=> Trignometry, Coordinate Geometry – SL Loney
=> Algebra – Hall and Knight
=> Calculus – Thomas and Finney
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?