19th June 2012, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

How to start UPSC preparation after 12th?

sir if i want to start upsc preparation after 12 th std. from where to i should begin for csat? which reading matirial i should use?

3rd July 2012, 10:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start UPSC preparation after 12th?

You can start UPSC exam preparation after 12th class. You should clear subject areas or topics to be covered to attend this exam. If applying for technical positions one should be well versed with the basic technical concepts. Try to join for some coaching classes as part of your preparation for competitive exams. You need to practice using model question papers and other standard books too.
10th July 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

how ,can i start my preparation of ias(upsc) after 12th with commerce
13th July 2012, 06:54 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir if i want to start upsc preparation after 12 th std. from where to i should begin for csat? which reading matirial i should use?
You are a 12th pass out, you have plenty of time in hand to start preparation.

First you have to take admission in graduation, as it is the minimum educational qualification for UPSC CSE exam.

You can start preliminary type preparation in 1st yr like reading newspaper, magazines, yearbooks, make good reading habit. There is an essay exam in CSE, so you need to improve writing skills to get good marks. Write at least one essay a week to make a habit. Take part in literary club of your college. These thing will go a long way in grooming your communication and writing skills.

You have to opt for two subjects for Mains exam in CSE, one of which you can take of your graduation subject. Preparation for this can be done in final year , as no need to do it now so early otherwise you will forget what you learnt now.

You also have to take a graduation carefully, as selection is not guaranteed in CSE, you need some backup in case you not get selected.

This much information is enough at this stage, for more, you can look at various websites and blogs for civil service.
13th July 2012, 08:27 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello friend,
yes ofcourse you may start preparation from now onwards as you may get books for intelligence, apptitude skills, current affairs, technical studies, general knowledge.
all d best
13th July 2012, 09:20 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

for IAS you have to completed your graduaton then you are qualify for IAS

[B][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]here are some important coaching

Achievers IAS Classes*****
Address: CSR Tower, Billekahalli.
State: Karnataka

JTS Institute*****
Address: JTS Institute, #23, Infantry Road, Bangalore 560001
City: Bangalore

Prof.B.R.A.Rao's Institute*****
Address: 640, I Main, I Stage,Indiranagar
City: Bangalroe 560038

Shri Sai Tutorials for IAS and KAS Coaching (Prelims and Mains)*****
Address: "Sri Aurobindo Complex” # 39 30 th main 9th Cross, Sri Aurobindo Marg, J.P.Nagar I Phase, Bangalore, 560078.

Global IAS Academy*****
Address: #361, Sterling Arcade,I Main Road, Koramangala.
City: Bangalore-560095

HIMALAI IAS CENTRE*****
Address: 12 CENTER,S AROUND BANGALORE
Phone: 09844609250

Victory IAS Classes*****
Address: No 328, 4th A Main, East of NGEF Layout,Near KR Puram,LandMark Ramamurthy Nagar Police Station, Bangalore 560016
City: Bangalroe

VIKAS Coaching Centre(VCC) *****
Address: #2899,14th main, ''E''Block,2nd Stage, Rajajinagar
City: Bangalore
13th July 2012, 10:23 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
After 12th first you have to take admission in +3 i.e graduation .
after graduate you are eligible for UPSC exam.

The details eligibility criteria for Civil service exam are as follows.....

The Exam patter n & details of exam how to crack this exam....

For more details visit official website of UPSC.

Good luck........
13th July 2012, 10:50 PM
mayankdevills

Hello sir
upsc is one of the reputed commission of india and their duty is to give first class officer in goverment services. You have passed your intermediate it means you can apply for two exams of upsc :

1 NDA-National defence academy
2. SCRA-Special class railway apprentice

if you want to join indian defence service than nda is a better option for you. the exam is conducted twice in a year in the month of april and october. The exam will consist of two papers of mathematics and general ability test. This exam is conducted to select the candidates for all the wings of indian defence service.

if you want to join indian railway as an officer then try SCRA Exam. It is one of the toughest exam conducted by upsc because the total number of seats are very less. This exam will consist of three papers of english . Physics chemistry and mathematics. The selected candidates will be called for interview..you can apply for the exam in the month of july every year.

these are only two exams for you. If you want to apply for some other exams then complete your graduation. Here are the list of exams for graduates :
1. Civil service

2. Indian forest service

3. Indian engineering service

4. Commandant police force

thank you
13th July 2012, 11:59 PM
priyankasree

Thumbs up Re: How to start UPSC preparation after 12th?

Quote:
how ,can i start my preparation of ias(upsc) after 12th with commerce
HI FRIEND,

YOU CAN STUDY GRADUATION AFTER THE 12 th , which is minimam qualification for upsc exams...

you have to study upsc syllabus from graduation 1st year onwards to get GOOD RANK in UPSC.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5]Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Services Exam every year

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]on an all-India basis for recruiting numerous candidates in different civil services of

the Union such as IAS, IFS, IPS and others.

These examinations also help UPSC in recruiting people in sectors such as Medical, Forestry, Civil Services and Engineering.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Eligibility criteria for UPSC Examinations:-

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Nationality:-[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]
The candidate must be the citizen of India to apply for the Indian Administrative Service & Indian Police Service[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]
Age Limit: [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]- The candidate should be minimum 21 years of age for applying and the maximum age limit to apply for the UPSC Exams is 30 years.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Educational Qualification: -[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]The candidate should have a degree completed from any of the recognized universities can apply for the UPSC Exams.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Brief information about the UPSC Examination application:

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]All the UPSC Exams have the same forms. The eligibility criteria and other details may differ from exam to exam. A candidate wishing to appear for more than one exam has to fill an individual form for each examination. UPSC notifies common public about the examinations through Employment News and other leading newspapers every year in the month of December.

Applicants can procure forms and information brochures about UPSC exams from all the leading Post Offices across India. Candidates have to send the properly filled forms along with the acknowledgment card.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Examination Pattern of UPSC

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Candidates have to successfully complete the Preliminary Examination to appear for the main Examination
After completion of the main examinations, the candidates have to
appear for the final interview and a Personality Test.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=5]ALL THE BEST..
[/SIZE]
4th September 2012, 07:18 PM
surajm093

Pass all the subjects in pcm .
read NCERT books carefully and refer to some reference books also.
try to do more and more objective questions .do some previous year papers.
4th September 2012, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,i'm in graduation 1st yr.my course is BA prog which consist history, hindi, english, and french.how i prepare to crack the upsc?
6th September 2012, 11:23 PM
ipssachin

Post Re: How to start UPSC preparation after 12th?

Quote:
sir,i'm in graduation 1st yr.my course is BA prog which consist history, hindi, english, and french.how i prepare to crack the upsc?
so as you are in first year of Ba Program you should start focusing on understanding of each subject asked in upsc Preliminary syllabus and 2 optional subjects which you have chosen or going to choose. Clear your each and every doubts from your teacher or guide.
go through NCERT books and Daily News papers
Gk Books and Off course surfing on internet regarding your subjects can be fruitful in your preparation.
I wish you all the best for your preparation.
7th September 2012, 12:32 AM
Salmankhn793

Hello dear user,

First complete your graduation as because tje minimum qualificarion required for civil service examination is candidate should be having a degree from any recognized university in any stream.

Civil service examination are conducted by Union public service commision once in every year.

Age limit:-

18 to 28 for GEN category

18 to 33 for OBC

18 to 35 for sc/st

Best of luck.
5th November 2012, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

sir can we opt law as a subject ?
6th November 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

what r d diffrent posts through upsc? what r d career benefits of civil services?
17th October 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

how to start our preparation for civil services after 12th i m in BA1st yearcnd my subjects are Economics, political science, and sociology these subjects can help me in my prepration or not..
4th November 2013, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects for UPSC preliminary examination ?
16th April 2014, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

sir i am in 12th than after 12th I take civil enginnering i give upsc exam and how to preparation for upsc exam?
16th April 2014, 12:46 PM
Member+

first of all you need to concentrate on
completing your
graduation because only graduates an
apply.
you can start preparation for the exam
from after completing 12th.
Tips for Preparation:
first and most important Manage your
Time table and maintain your self calm
and Cool.
go ahead according to UPSC Syllabus.
you can start for UPSC by study 6th to
12th NCERT books.
increase your general knowledge,
continuous reading news papers and
magazines, concentrate on English.
solving Previous year question papers
is most requisite part of preparation.
for Question papers visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
questionpaper/index.htm
16th April 2014, 07:58 PM
Mano Billi

how can i prepare for pcs preparation ?which books are recommended for compulsory subjects?i am msc chemistry and want to know the detail of the subjects?
18th June 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

IN WHICH SUBJECTS WE HAVE TO FOCUS FOR PREPARATION OF UPSC AFTER 12TH FROM NON MEDICAL?
22nd August 2014, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

When is the right time to start preparing for civil services. How to prepare on your own when we are not going for any coaching classes at the graduation level. What should be my self prepration for GS be??
26th November 2015, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am a student of ba programme 1y and I wants to take history as optional.I have completed all the ncerts,now what next I should do
26th February 2016, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

how I prepare for ias I m girl of town & student of b.com computer application 2sem I had passed 12th from CBSE
29th March 2016, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Since we have to do a minimum bachelor's degree to be applicable to appear for upsc. Then what should we opt for BSc or BA?

And if BSc then what should be the subject combination in order to devote a good amount of time towards upsc preparation?
13th April 2016, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

I have appeared 10th board exam this year. Next i shall be pursuing engineering. I want to prepare for UPSC after 12th itself. Please tell me what should i do.
22nd April 2016, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

I want to give upsc exams so which subject should i take in college? n I m poor in pcm.
11th May 2016, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

I have done my 2 commerce .I am confused whether b.a with subjects history.geography and political science would ne better or ishould ho on with bcom
29th July 2016, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my 12th and joined BE for computer science. I'm so much interested in upsc exams... How can I prepare for the exam with actually preparing for my BE course also....? Please inform
29th July 2016, 08:27 PM
Mohammad hashmuddin attar

Sir, i was given matric 1st div in 2007 and given I.S.C 2nd div in 2010 from jac board and left my education because family financial problem.now i want to given I.A second time for best result from bihar board in 2017 then given B.A english honours from bihar board in 2020. I am obc candidate and i am now 25 years old.plz tell me there is problem to given inter exam another time for best result or not and tell me there is problem or not i am difference of matric to inter id ten years plz guide me to how i am success in upsc or bpsc
1st August 2016, 12:18 AM
radha 2
Senior Member+

You can start Your preparation for UPSC exam through coaching it will help you in your preparation

Coaching for UPSC exam
Chankya academy
Rau's academy
Global IAS academy

Apart from this you have to do hard work because we all know this is one of toughest exams. So first of all up-to-date your self from current activities
10th October 2016, 04:02 AM
Unregistered

I want to become an IAS officers and nowadays I am doing BA with political science, I should do.
12th October 2016, 12:11 PM
Navneet0001

Quote:
sir if i want to start upsc preparation after 12 th std. from where to i should begin for csat? which reading material i should use?
UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission. you can join after your 12th or after graduation. You can start preparation after completing 12th. You have a lot of time to start your preparation. The UPSC exam conducted every year. Some time twice in a year. You can also prefer some good coaching institutes. For this test you will have to provide your 5 hours per day. If you study hard for this test then you can score higher rank in the test. So don't fear start hard working and take coaching from good institutes. That will help you more and provide the best coaching. You can also complete your graduation if you have fiance then you can try some good or top institutions. Coaching classes will provide you every things related your exam. So according to my point of view you should have to join one of them and not to waist your time.
If you have any query related to your study or career then feel free to ask here. We are happy to help you.
Thank you.
2nd December 2016, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Hi , Is there a leverage and advantage in this exam comparing a History or commerce or engineering/science stream ?
8th July 2017, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my name is satyam kumar jha and i m doing bsc honrs with physics .This is my first year.
What according to you is this a good time for start preparation of UPSC.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?