29th December 2011, 08:25 PM
rakshith k gowda

How to study seriously for IAS exam and when is the right time to start?

how to study seriously for ias examination and from when..?please give me the tips

Related Questions:
  1. What is the right time for preparation for IPS or IAS exam?
  2. Is it possible to start IAS preparation along with Graduation course?
  3. Which is the right time to start preparation for GATE Exam? How much time I have to prepare for this Exam in a Day? Which Books should I refer for this Exam?
  4. How can I start preparing for IAS entrance exam while studying in Polytechnic?
  5. Should I start preparation for IAS exam if studying MBBS 3rd year?
  6. When to start preparation for UPSC Exam to go for IPS or IAS being a candidate of MCA?
  7. How to start preparing for IAS? Suggest books?
  8. When is the right time to start GRE preparation? Which book to refer and what to study?
  9. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  10. Jobs with good salaries for 10th class pass-outs and who have work experience? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE?
  12. When is the right time to start IAS preparation? When shall I join training institutes? -- [New]
  13. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  14. What should I do to clear IAS Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? Exam pattern for this Exam? How to start preparation for this Exam?
  15. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  16. List of coaching centers for civil engineering in Tirupati vicinity? I'm doing B.Sc(nursing) final year
  17. Which are the good coaching classes for management as optional subject in Pune?
  18. Which subjects should I take up for mains for IAS exam? Best books to be referred?
31st December 2011, 03:27 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study seriously for IAS exam and when is the right time to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakshith k gowda View Post
how to study seriously for ias examination and from when..?please give me the tips
Some of the key things that you must follow for the preparation of civil service exam are:
  • Keep yourself updated regarding the format of the exam.
  • Go through the complete syllabus for each subject, prescribed by UPSC.
  • Refer to previous years question papers for each subjects.
  • Organize your daily routine in a way to give sufficient time, exclusively for the preparation of the civil service exam.
  • Start preparing for the exam as soon as you realize that you want to appear for it.
  • Wisely select optional papers and start preparing for it.
  • Do not escape or ignore any chapters of the syllabus.
4th November 2012, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to study seriously for IAS exam and when is the right time to start?

how many hours required study for IAS
7th November 2012, 09:13 PM
suraj391

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as the
most prestigious job in the civil services.

As you don't know the basic eligibility criteria for this
I will try to explain the basic eligibility criteria require for this

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a
recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification i.e., M.Tech (5Years) course
You will be eligible for the exam which will be conducted by UPSC Delhi

You can go through the examination code for
Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.
www.upsc.gov.in

The exam will be conducted by UPSC this exam is
conducted every year with the name of Civil service examination.

For this exam there will be a huge competition so
you have to be well prepared to face the examination

the exam is conducted in the three stage format

->CSAT(Preliminary)

->Mains

->Interview
In this way the exam will be go on for a year duration till
you complete the full procedure but one note that if you
fail in any of the stage you have to appear again from the
first so it is the game with a little risk

hope you will clear in your first attempt only
all the best
8th November 2012, 12:33 AM
sudha001

Hello friend,
As per your first question is concern isthat how to study for IAS is totally depends on you. First of all you have to be very focus regarding your IAS exam . If you are serious then there is no such question for keeping your mind continuously telling that you have to be serious because if you are serious then automatically you will concentrate. So i would suggest you to first ask your self whether you are prepare for this exam or not ,because cracking in IAS exam is not a joke. It seriously required a hard work and a true determinaion for serving for your nation/country.
Coming to your second question ,that is when is the time to start study or preparing for IAS ,the right for preparing is when you are in 2nd year of your graduation. It is right time to get started for IAS exam preparation. You can join institute as well like BRILLIANT TUTORIAL, CAREER LAUNCHER, T.i.m.e, etc.

All the best. . .
8th November 2012, 12:51 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

To prepare IAS officer you need to following below points

first you concentrate each subjects and remind the subjects very good points each day.

You need to study every day and remembered main points of the subjects.

You prepared with time table and you should maintain special schedule of each day.

And you need to improve the skills of all subject.

And you more concentrate which subject you weak and that subject you work hard.

All these points you followed you become IAS Officer.

ALL THE BEST.
8th November 2012, 02:38 AM
kumar12337

hi my dear friend.....

Now a days there is a heavy competition in the IAS exam also

so study seriously after joining .... in the coaching only

and Mostly read the Questions papers only ...and observe in the Question papers

as mostly touches the Areas ...

and read the question paper and go to class and .... recall it when the topic .. matches with the Question ...and think about the problem ...

by doing this we can increase our thinking knowledge .......ALL THE BEST
8th November 2012, 09:31 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

As you may know that IAS is not an easy exam to crack. There are very few seats and huge number of candidates applying for them. This makes IAS a very competitve exam to clear. The key to success is that you start preparation properly.

You should give yourself at leat 6 to 8 months to prepare for the IAS Exam. Anything lower than this and you will find yourself in a spot where there is so much to study and very little time.

Here are the things you need to do before starting to prepare for the exam.

1. Check the latest exam format or any other recent changes made by the UPSC.

2. You should download previous years question papers.

3. You must choose the optional subjects as well.

4. Download the syllabus of each subject.

5. You will have to decide on number of hours, you are willing to study each day.

Now here is how you should begin. Firstly lets come to the langauge. The IAS exam is only conducted in Hindi and English, therefore you should be good in one of these two languages.

Please remember that there will be a paper of English subject in Main Exams. Your grammar, vocabulary must be good in order to clear the exam. Questions in the interview taken in the end are also asked in English language.

So if your English is not good. Start working on it right now. Read newspapers, watch english shows, news to help you improve your English. If you have a friend who is good in English then take his/her help as well.

General studies is a very important subject for the IAS Exam. There is one paper of general studies in preliminary and 2 papers in Main Exams. Now you should read the NCERT books for Class 12th to prepare for the paper.

For the General knowledge part you will have to watch a lot of news and read newsapapers to keep yourself updated with current events around the world.

Now comes the optional subject. You need to pick one optional for preliminary and 2 for mains. In the Main Exam, there will be 4 papers on the 2 optional subjects. Please choose the subjects that are related to your graduation course or others that you find easy.

After every few days you should try to solve a question paper downloaded from the Internet. Give yourself the same amount of time that you will get in the exam. After each exam, see which are the areas where you need to work hard. You can also take mock test online.
8th November 2012, 11:59 AM
sah.alok

you can start preparation for IPS or IAS only after the completition of your graduation
because the minimum qualification required to apply for IPS or IAS is graduation in any stream.
IPS or IAS are two tough exam that is conducted by UPSC and you must give your 100% to achieve success in it,try to be updated with the current affairs,study properly
be confident and go for it,the best way to get through this exams is to iron determination look you will suceed only if you work hard and will not suceed if you do not work hard that is the simple equation.
8th November 2012, 09:59 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

IAS officer you need some points:

**Candidate need to study every day and remembered main points of the subjects.

**Candidate concentrate each subjects and remind the subjects very good points each day.

**Candidate need to improve the skills of all subject.
**Candidate more concentrate which subject you weak and that subject you work hard.

**Candidate prepared with time table and you should maintain special schedule of each day.

all the best..... for your future.......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?