14th November 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

How to take veterinary science? Percentage needed in 2nd PUC?

how to take veterinary science and what should my percentage in second puc . What about aipvt

19th November 2011, 05:58 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take veterinary science? Percentage needed in 2nd PUC?

AIPVT is an entrance test for veterinary science. The basic eligibility for this test is to pass 12th in 10 + 2 pattern from a recognized university. You have to clear the entrance test to get admission for the same. The B.V.Sc course is provided by many universities. Some of the universities conduct separate test for admission. You can visit the official website of the colleges to know more details.
13th April 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

sir... which is best college in karnataka for doing BVSc?
4th May 2012, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

sir, which are the colleges offering the veterinary science, and how can i apply, and what are the entrance exams are conducted by the university.
26th May 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

how many seats are available for b.v.sc in karnataka
6th June 2012, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

sir my percetage is 54 can i select to veternary college
6th June 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

How many marks are required in Eamcet-2012 eligibility for veterinary
6th June 2012, 09:46 PM
mnbgvs

Lightbulb Re: How to take veterinary science? Percentage needed in 2nd PUC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI,
Veterinary Science Eligibility Criteria;

To be eligible for the Bachelor's in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry course, a candidate should have passed the class 12th (+2) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Admission to most veterinary colleges is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted by the university concerned.

Those who want to pursue master degree in veterinary science or animal husbandry must have completed Bachelor’s degree in respective branch with good percentages of marks. The selection is made on the basis of entrance examination conducted by a particular institution or university.

Veterinary Science Career Prospects;

Several career options are open to graduates in veterinary science. With the tremendous developments in sciences and technology, more and more avenues are opening up at a rapid pace like never before. Dairy research institutes, large-scale dairy, piggery and poultry farms require the services of not one but several veterinarians.

The areas of specialization in this sector include production of milk, eggs and meat etc. It is amply evident that the health of all the animals on such farms is the responsibility of the veterinarians. Urban areas also need the services of veterinarians owing to the practice of keeping pets (dogs, cats and parrots) in the affluent and upper class homes. As a natural corollary, private practices of vets can flourish very well in these areas.

The government also employs veterinarians as public health professionals whose services are utilized in zoos, national parks and wildlife sanctuaries. The Defence Services use horses, dogs, camels, etc.

Therefore they too need the services of veterinarians. Various organizations zoological research institutes employ veterinarians conduct research and development in various departments and to man their laboratories.

In addition, there are the academic sections in various institutions, where experienced professionals are recruited to train the new entrants to the field. Last but not the least, postgraduates in the field of veterinary science can go in for further research and development in this sector and there contribute to the overall promotion of sciences.

Veterinary Science Pay Package

The remuneration of a veterinarian depends on the kind of practice and the animals which are under treatment. In government veterinary centres, fresh graduates are appointed as junior veterinary surgeon.

Their average gross starting salary ranges between Rs.10, 000 – Rs.15, 000 per month. A private practitioner may get lucrative monetary returns depending on his popularity and the number of years of experience. He/she can earn Rs.40 - Rs.500 per patient, depending on the type of treatment the animal needs.

There are also openings in government department in the positions such as livestock development officers. The monthly salary varies between Rs.10, 000 – Rs.20, 000 depending upon the years of experience.

Veterinary Science Institutes/Universities

Some of the well-known colleges of veterinary sciences in India are as follows:
  • Indian Veterinary Research Institute
IVRI Izatnagar, Uttar Pradesh -243122 India
Ph. No: +91-581-2300096
Email: [email protected]
Courses Offered:
Master Programme (MVSc)
Doctoral Programme (PhD)
National Diploma

• College of Veterinary Sciences, CCS Haryana Agricultural University
Hisar - 125 004, India
Ph. # (O): 01662-289316, (R): 01662-238445
Fax: 01662-234613
E-mail: [email protected]

• Bombay Veterinary Science College, Mumbai
College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
(Anand Agricultural University)
Anand 388 001
Ph. +91-2692-261486
Web-Link: http://www.aau.in/english/cov/contact.asp

• Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University
Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030, Andhra Pradesh
Phone: 040-24015011 to 040-24015017
Grams: AGRIVARSITY

ALL THE BEST......
6th June 2012, 09:51 PM
mnbgvs

Lightbulb Re: How to take veterinary science? Percentage needed in 2nd PUC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI,
Veterinary Science Eligibility Criteria;

To be eligible for the Bachelor's in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry course, a candidate should have passed the class 12th (+2) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Admission to most veterinary colleges is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted by the university concerned.

Those who want to pursue master degree in veterinary science or animal husbandry must have completed Bachelor’s degree in respective branch with good percentages of marks. The selection is made on the basis of entrance examination conducted by a particular institution or university.

Veterinary Science Career Prospects;

Several career options are open to graduates in veterinary science. With the tremendous developments in sciences and technology, more and more avenues are opening up at a rapid pace like never before. Dairy research institutes, large-scale dairy, piggery and poultry farms require the services of not one but several veterinarians.

The areas of specialization in this sector include production of milk, eggs and meat etc. It is amply evident that the health of all the animals on such farms is the responsibility of the veterinarians. Urban areas also need the services of veterinarians owing to the practice of keeping pets (dogs, cats and parrots) in the affluent and upper class homes. As a natural corollary, private practices of vets can flourish very well in these areas.

The government also employs veterinarians as public health professionals whose services are utilized in zoos, national parks and wildlife sanctuaries. The Defence Services use horses, dogs, camels, etc.

Therefore they too need the services of veterinarians. Various organizations zoological research institutes employ veterinarians conduct research and development in various departments and to man their laboratories.

In addition, there are the academic sections in various institutions, where experienced professionals are recruited to train the new entrants to the field. Last but not the least, postgraduates in the field of veterinary science can go in for further research and development in this sector and there contribute to the overall promotion of sciences.

Veterinary Science Pay Package

The remuneration of a veterinarian depends on the kind of practice and the animals which are under treatment. In government veterinary centres, fresh graduates are appointed as junior veterinary surgeon.

Their average gross starting salary ranges between Rs.10, 000 – Rs.15, 000 per month. A private practitioner may get lucrative monetary returns depending on his popularity and the number of years of experience. He/she can earn Rs.40 - Rs.500 per patient, depending on the type of treatment the animal needs.

There are also openings in government department in the positions such as livestock development officers. The monthly salary varies between Rs.10, 000 – Rs.20, 000 depending upon the years of experience.

Veterinary Science Institutes/Universities

Some of the well-known colleges of veterinary sciences in India are as follows:
  • Indian Veterinary Research Institute
IVRI Izatnagar, Uttar Pradesh -243122 India
Ph. No: +91-581-2300096
Email: [email protected]
Courses Offered:
Master Programme (MVSc)
Doctoral Programme (PhD)
National Diploma

• College of Veterinary Sciences, CCS Haryana Agricultural University
Hisar - 125 004, India
Ph. # (O): 01662-289316, (R): 01662-238445
Fax: 01662-234613

• Bombay Veterinary Science College, Mumbai
College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
(Anand Agricultural University)
Anand 388 001
Ph. +91-2692-261486
Web-Link: http://www.aau.in/english/cov/contact.asp

• Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University
Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030, Andhra Pradesh
Phone: 040-24015011 to 040-24015017
Grams: AGRIVARSITY

ALL THE BEST......
8th September 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

wat percentage do we reqire in2puc to become veterynary doctor
18th March 2013, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage of mark is required for the admission for veterinary
6th May 2013, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

how much ranking is to be offer vetarnary seat?
6th May 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

sir my percentage is 53 in puc 2nd year can i do veternary
21st July 2014, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir my pu percentage 60 i can do vetenery cource where is in college dairy diploma plz tel me sir
21st July 2014, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir my pu percentage 60 i can do vetenery cource where is in college dairy diploma plz tel me sir
3rd April 2015, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

I want to take veterinary course after 12th what is the eligibility criteria
28th May 2015, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

How many percentage needed for this year in veterinary course???
19th February 2018, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage needed in 2nd p.u.c and how much rank offered in cet examination and which subjects are in veterinary course plz tell me sir
5th August 2020, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir/madam my percentage is 74. In 2nd puc. Can. I do. Veterinary
30th December 2020, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

How to take veterinary courses sir my percentage is 59.65. I can take veterinary course? Please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?