7th May 2012, 10:08 PM
raktimred

How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT Vellore? Which streams can I get after scoring 100335 rank in VIT?

how is the chennai campus of vit.
is its placement as good as vit vellore
what streams can i get after scoring 100335 rank in vit

Related Questions:
  1. How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT Chennai compared to vellore? Which stream can i get after scoring 10335 rank in VIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Between Chennai and Vellore which VIT campus is good? Can I get admission with fee reduction if secured 4010 rank in VITEEE being a citizen of Karnataka?
  3. What is the average estimated packages offered in VIT Vellore campus placements?
  4. Placement prospects at Chennai campus?
  5. How good is CSE at VIT Chennai campus?
  6. Can I get ECE branch in VIT Vellore campus after scoring 8264 rank in VIT exam?
  7. When is the placement in VIT, Off Campus? Can I be eligible to attend for off campus in VIT? I have completed B.E in St Peters University Chennai
  8. Past year papers and sample papers of Manipal for B.Tech and BDS
  9. Do girls have separate classrooms in VIT Vellore or VIT Chennai?
  10. Can I get admission in VIT after scoring 26007 rank in VITEE?
  11. From where can I get application form of VITEEE?
  12. Can I get a seat in computer science in either Vellore or Chennai Campus after scoring 25000 rank in VIT entrance exam?
  13. How to join VIT Vellore after scoring 150000 rank?
  14. What is placement status of VIT Chennai Campus? Is it good to join VIT Chennai ECE?
  15. How much rank is required to get CSE branch in VIT?
  16. What is the procedure to follow for applying off campus placement in VIT? -- [New]
  17. Can I get any private hostel near VIT chennai campus
  18. Should I reappear if scored 82 in NIMCET or take admission in MCA at VIT, Vellore? Total expenditure of MCA programme at VIT, Vellore?
11th May 2012, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT Vellore? Which streams can I get after scoring 100335 rank in VIT?

My rank is 3000 in VIT can I get Mechanical stream ?
11th May 2012, 04:00 PM
ab7777

Default Re: How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT Vellore? Which streams can I get after scoring 100335 rank in VIT?

The Chennai campus of VIT is newly established and is not as good as the Vellore campus, it will take time for it to get noticed and make its way into the rankings.

As for your second question, the placements of VIT vellore are better than most private universities (except for BITS). Renown companies from over the world come to VIT to hire their students and offer them with decent packages on the basis of their talent.
the average salary range is 4-6 lakhs per annum.

Getting a rank with 100335 rank in VIT is not possible as most of the seats are occupied within the first 20,000 rankers itself! you may try for other deemed universities for Btech!
11th May 2012, 07:02 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My rank is 3000 in VIT can I get Mechanical stream ?
Yes, as far as your rank is concerned, you may get any stream of your choice. Going by the last years record, you will have no trouble in the counselling session for the choice of your stream! Good luck for the counselling
12th May 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

how does one try for a management quota seat in VIT Vellore.
12th May 2012, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I got 16400 rank in VIT 2012 can I get ece, or mechanical or computers in Vellore campus . I have counciling on 18th
12th May 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT chennai compared to its vellore campus? Which streams can I get after scoring 10335 rank in VIT?
12th May 2012, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

what stream can I expect in vit vellore at 11500 rank. how is Chennai campus?
13th May 2012, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

my rank is 25025. can i get a seat in any campus of vit?if yes then what stream can i get?
14th May 2012, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT Vellore? Which streams can I get after scoring 100335 rank in VIT?

chennai campus is better campus than vit because it is new so vit team will make his effort to bring chennai campus at top...so go for the chennai campus
16th May 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

I have 9200 as VIT score but my maharashtra CET score is also going to be excellant! what should i choose between VIT and COAP of Pune?
17th May 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

IT in vellore campus or CS/EC in chennai campus? Which is better?
17th May 2012, 04:50 PM
lskdhakjdgfls

CS in chennai campus is better or IT in vellore campus?
17th May 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

i got 20571 rank in vit 2012 ...can i get a stream in chennai campus
17th May 2012, 08:27 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by lskdhakjdgfls View Post
CS in chennai campus is better or IT in vellore campus?
Hi lskdhakjdgfls

Information Technology(IT) is the Study, Design, Development, Implementation, Support or management of Computer-Based Information Systems particularly Software Applications and Computer Hardware

Computer science (or computing science/CS) is the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation, and of practical techniques for their implementation and application in computer systems. It is frequently described as the systematic study of algorithmic processes that create, describe and transform information.

As for CS and IT, the courses are more or less similar in terms of the portion and placements as well.

VIT Chennai is a new campus, it does not have the good reputation yet as compared to VIT Vellore which has been there for years and is known internationally.

Although Chennai campus will ride high on the brand name of VIT university, it is not a good risk to take as it can make or break your career.

The students of VIT Chennai themselves are not giving good positive feedback about the college. There is no idea about the campus placements either as of now so choosing the Chennai campus is not a sensible option in my opinion.

I would suggest you to take IT in Vellore than CS in Chennai.

Good luck
19th May 2012, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

BITS Hyderabad was a new campus and students are quite disappointed as far as placements are concerned.What about VIT Chennai ..what is the surity that 100% placements would be there?
28th May 2012, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it a sensible option to join civil engineering in vit chennai campus ?
28th May 2012, 09:09 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it a sensible option to join civil engineering in vit chennai campus ?
In my opinion, it is not a very sensible option to choose VIT Chennai just because VIT Vellore is a good college. People need to understand that VIT Vellore is the original university and is the branch which is known worldwide, whereas Chennai is a new campus and is yet to arrive at that status which Vellore campus enjoys.
Having said that, it also depends on the choices you currently have in your hand. If you have something like SRM, Manipal, or even VIT Vellore, i think you should consider joining these universities instead of VIT Chennai. But if you do not have good options, say something like a lesser known state college, VIT Chennai then makes a little sense as it is better than most state and city level colleges but does not have the same status as Vellore when compared to national level colleges. If you stay in Chennai or around and if you do not have any great option in hand, then you can consider VIT Chennai otherwise look elsewhere.

Good luck
16th June 2012, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Hello My rank in VITMEE(mtech) is 1395. Can i get CSE or IT or softwer technology branch in Vellore campus?
They have short listed me for counselling but it doesnot mean that i wiill get seat.
So is thr chance for me getting computer related branch in Mtech in VELLORE CAMPUS?
17th June 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

vit chennai or srm, which one is gud
18th June 2012, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

For biotechnology vit is good or sastra?
19th June 2012, 01:42 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

VIT University is the second Most renowned engineering institute of India after BITS - PILANI.

It has two campuse :

1) VIT VELLORE

2) VIT CHENNAI

* Now , i just want to tell you that VIT CHENNAI , is a new campus and it is not quite best as VIT VELLORE , in all terms like education , infrastructure , campus selection , etc.

* The placement of VIT Vellore is best amongst all the private engineering colleges as companies from all over the world come here to select students , and selected students get a general package of 5,00,000 -7,00,000 per year depending upon the stream.

Now as far as i am concerned , there are only 14,000 seats i VIT Engineering entrance exam , so if you have secured a rank of 100335 then it will be quite difficult for you to get admission in any of the two campuses of VIT rather than going for your favourite stream , because candidates getting rank less than 5000 have the chance to choose their favourite streams.

So , My Dear Friend , it is almost impossible to get admission in VIT as per your rank.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your question . Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
2nd July 2012, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

hw is msc electronics course from vit,,
16th July 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I've got 1,650 rank in VITEEE, i'm still very confused wether to take comp. sc. or IT ? Which is abetter one ?
10th December 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

which college is better for btech-manipal or vit chennai

how many candidates appear for viteee

hoe is placement of vit chennai
8th May 2013, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

my rank 110083,Can I get btech ECE !! ready u m pay 5 lacs per annum !!
8th May 2013, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

my rank 110083,Can I get btech ECE !! ready to pay 5 lacs per annum !!
9th May 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 12000 rank in vit , whether i will choose IT branch in vellore or Electrical branch in chennai.
15th May 2013, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

which is better IT AT VELLORE CAMPUS OR CSE AT CHENNAI CAMPUS??????/
19th May 2013, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

no one talking about the placement of vit chennai campus ...there are just discussing about college and enjoyment..still people have doubted at campus placements.is they are giving 100% placements???????????
21st May 2013, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

How about all us first start writing with proper grammar?
26th May 2013, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

THINK BEFORE YOU JOIN VIT!!

FACTS TO KNOW BEFORE GOING FOR VIT COUNSELLING.

Hello guys.I am Arnab Rastogi,a FIRST year student of Computer Engineering in VIT, Vellore.Since I too got entangled in the Flashy advertisement made by VIT,I took admission there @ completely ruined my carreer.Since the admissions to it are on now I wanted to tell you all, some facts about VIT-THE REAL STORY OF VIT.Please consider this coz I dont want any fresh talent to get wasted like me @ my batchmates...

I had got AIR around 25000 in aieee 2009, and around 8500 in VITEEE 2009.I had gone through the pretty alluring "Violet coloured" booklet of VIT which claimed VIT to be among top 10 colleges of India ahead of institutes like NITs,IIITs,ISM,DCE,private institutes like DAIICT,Thapar,MIT,PDPU,JNU,etc...I was eligible to many of the good NITs,DAIICT,Thapar coz i belonged to OBC category...But since 'Books are mistakenly considerd good by looking at its cover', I and my batchmates too made the same mistake @ now only we know how big price we are paying for it!!

Nearly all the claims of VIT will be proved 'cleverly said in the brochure' after you take admission here..I GUARANTEE FOR THIS...

1st claim-

'VIT is NAAC recognised'---- actually VIT is blacklisted by Mr.Kapil Sibal,education minister of India because of fraud norms @ claims set up by the VIT's management.You can check yourself by browsing through google.NAAC @ AICTE has kept VIT under consideration along with institutes like SRM,Symbiosis etc..NAAC had earlier kept VIT under A grade consideration,but never has confirmed it..

2nd claim-

"VIT is in top 10 universities of India"...HAHAHAH..what a bad joke..!!!

If this was true how is it possible for a university to be ranked 10th by India today @ 43rd by an equally popular magazine Outlook???Check the faculty profile of NITs, DAIICT,Thapar,many government colleges under aieee and then VIT..you yourself will know it!!!VIT only has a big campus area @ nothing else....Its like a gold ring in a pig's pout..sorry for my language but it's true..Actually VIT had heavily bribed the magazine India Today to get it anyhow within top 10...

3rd claim-

"VIT has excellent placement"

Many of the students from damn rich families come here just to 'enjoy teenage life' through NRI/Management Quota....the are the biggest spoilers!!many students get very low packages because they are unable to concentrate on their studies here@ also due to lack of research work here...last year's average package was only 2.5 to 3 with highest going 7...If the package would really have been so good why had then VIT not exactly mentioned the clear data under 'MANDATORY DISCLOSURE' or in the 'PLACEMENT' tab like other good colleges..think yourself!!!Even here is the partiality done among north @ south students....Last year good NITs @ even small private colleges coming under aieee had better placements than VIT....

4th claim-

"VIT has excellent international collaboration"

This is the most cunning claim of VIT!!! In reality,only few students who have lots @lots of money are eligible to go to foriegn countries just as a 'picnic' tour...Only few foreign teachers come here @ that too 4 a day or two...VIT claims them to be professors from big universities...but here too most of us VITians have doubt!!!

5th claim-

"VIT has excellent extra-curricular activites"

F***** shit..VIT definately has courts without coaches but even though we are very rarely allowed to play in all of the courts due to some nonsense "disciplinary measures"..In basketball only, 1 court is used for 2555 students of engineering!!!!Players are given college uniforms @ are made to play just for the sake of clicking snaps for brochures @ magazines!!!

6th claim-

" VIT has a lot of research work"

Only professors are allowed mostly in the labs @ we are entitled to be "rare visitors"..VIT has nothing in the name of research...Just 1 or two per branch...no funds are given by the government since its a private university @ the funds of VIT are used for expanding its buissness,building up of marketting strategies including lots of advertisements in papers,news @ definately for bribing magazines @ sites for pulling up VIT's rank in the university rankings....

These are only some of the facts about VIT..I have no personal enemity with any person related to VIT or students taking admission in it..But we thought the way we were duped should never happen with any one else..Truth has to be told true...You can't make false stament look true just by decorating the lies...

Besides all the claims made by VIT, there are also certain issues which can not be openly discussed in a public site...Issues like drugs,Teen pregnencies,ragging,regionalism also do crop up here..AND FORGET ABOUT GOOD PLACEMENTS HERE..I wanted to display my real name @ contact here for references but I was not advised so by my seniors at VIT coz i might have problems here in VIT..after all I will have to pass my 3 years here...

GUYS PLEASE DO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION IF YOU ARE GOING FOR THE ONGOING COUNSELLING AT VIT....

THERE ARE MANY MANY GOOD OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO YOU OTHER THAN THIS UNIVERSITY...
27th May 2013, 06:55 PM
thatipamulapraveengoud

[B][U]
hi frd,
IT means information technology is the Study, Design, Development, Implementation, Support or management of Computer-Based Information Systems particularly Software Applications and Computer Hardware

Computer science (or computing science/CS) is the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation, and of practical techniques for their implementation and application in computer systems. It is frequently described as the systematic study of algorithmic processes that create, describe and transform information.

As for CS and IT, the courses are more or less similar in terms of the portion and placements as well.

VIT Chennai is a new campus, it does not have the good reputation yet as compared to VIT Vellore which has been there for years and is known internationally.

Although Chennai campus will ride high on the brand name of VIT university, it is not a good risk to take as it can make or break your career.

The students of VIT Chennai themselves are not giving good positive feedback about the college. There is no idea about the campus placements either as of now so choosing the Chennai campus is not a sensible option in my opinion.

I would suggest you to take IT in Vellore than CS in Chennai.
11th June 2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

How is the branch EEE in VIT vellore regarding placements? Also please advise me on the cons of taking admission into VIT
2nd July 2013, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

is it better to go to vit chennai for m tech, how is the placement there for m-tech students.
19th July 2013, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

i got admn in b tech(eee) in vit chennai ;plz answer my 2 question, 1.as per college class start fm 4th july but i am going to report college on 25th july almost 20 days late what should i do? 2. i unable to get hostel acoomdn can i get private hostel near to campus
24th December 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

some one saying that u cant get addmission in vit through donetion.. but some saying u can..
plzz sir
I have 55% in PCM nd 62% Overall can I get addmisio. if I get rank under 50,000 .
if yes how much I have to pay .
the main problem I have 55% in PCM can I give the entrece exam of VIT ??? just ans this qus. plzz plzz.
I am in a big tension so..
26th December 2013, 01:15 AM
videogoslim

Default How is the VIT Chennai campus Is the placement good in VIT Vellore Which streams can I get after scoring 100335 rank in

Hello Every One
Only removed keylogger app similar sniper spy can be remotely transmitted to someone via fondness, for Solon message around remotely deplorable keyloggers. us try the footloose effort. It activity high.
22nd March 2014, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Is VIT vellore is best for doing M.Tech Is the placement good in VIT vellore ?
1st May 2014, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

i got rank 18493 in viteee,so in which campus i should opt if want to choose vit and is vit chennai safe for career for student?
2nd May 2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Got 18290 in VITEEE, which are the streams wouldl be available for me?
2nd May 2014, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

my rank is 36893 in 2014 Can I get admission in VELLORE or CHENNAI pl reply [email protected]
3rd May 2014, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

I secured 21215 rank in VITEEE.
Which courses shall I get in VIT Vellore and Chennai in the II phase?
Is the II phase for merit seats?

JP Thomas,Kerala
4th May 2014, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 38000 in viteee can I am having a chance to get any btech stream like mechanical or electrical at vellore and Chennai campus
6th May 2014, 04:25 AM
Unregistered

my rank is 16458.. can I get computer science or enc in vellore campus??
13th May 2014, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

I have got 46000 rank in vit... Can i get admission in vellore campus..? And if yes then in which stream.. And got 105 no. In jee mains .. While the cutoff was 115... Which option will be better for me.? Please reply me at
[email protected]
14th May 2014, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

My rank in vit is 46000 . May I get any branch in vellore or channai?please reply.
19th May 2014, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

i got 60000 rank in VITEEE 2014...Can i get seat i any brance in any campus...??? please reply me...:(
24th May 2014, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

IS VIT vellore/chennai worth the high tution fee that it is charging? Is it a much self-hyped institution? Are the courses recognised? Are NIT's better option than VIT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?