21st January 2017, 03:24 PM
Aneek hassan bhat

How and when should I apply for LLB entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required for application?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue a career in LLB so I want to know how and when should I apply for LLB entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required for application? How much should I score to qualify the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Required Eligibility criteria for 3 year LLB course from DU? Will there be any Entrance Exam for this?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue LLB course? When should I apply for admission and what is the fee structure for the course?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for EAMCET exam? What is the syllabus of the entrance exam and when will be the application form out? -- [New]
  4. Can i take admission in Law course at 34 years age?
  5. What is the procedure followed to get admission for LLB course after completion of B.Com?
  6. Eligibility criteria and percentage required to study LLB course after BA? List of entrance exam for it?
  7. Whether M.Sc in Physics student apply for ISRO entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the exam?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria required for LLB? What is the salary offered to LLB holder?
  9. Am I eligible for judge entrance exam after completion of BBA LLB course?
  10. Required Eligibility criteria to do LLB course? Which Entrance Exam should I give for this? How to take admission for this course?
  11. How can I do LLB after my graduation? Eligibility criteria for doing LLB with specialization in corporate law? Which entrance exam do I need to appear for?
  12. How can I do LLB after my graduation? Eligibility criteria for doing LLB with specialization in corporate law? Which entrance exam do I need to appear for?
  13. What can I do to study LLB after 12th? Qualifications required for studying and syllabus of the exam? What kind of questions appear in LLB entrance? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible to do law after completing B.A in Political Science with 49%?
  15. Can I study LLM in any Government affiliated university after completing B.Com?
  16. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D course?
  17. How can I apply for the M.Sc Mathematics entrance exam of MS University? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the exam and how to prepare for the exam?
  18. What is the required eligibility criteria for getting in 11th? Date of sale of application forms?
22nd January 2017, 05:49 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How and when should I apply for LLB entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required for application?

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative law and same is a bachelor degree course after completing which one heads towards becoming an advocate.

On the basis of duration of course and minimum educational requirement for pursuing the same, LLB courses are of two types :-

I) LLB course of five years, for which the minimum educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board.

II) LLB course of three years, for which the minimum educational requirement is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about entrance examination for LLB course then many top universities like BHU, NLUs, DU conducts entrance examination for admission in LLB course of five years rather LLB course of three years.

Further for admission in NLUs ( National Law Universities ) you will have to qualify CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) for which your age need to lie under 20 years ( 22 years in case of SC/ST and PH category candidates ). And for admission in BHU you need to qualify UET ( Undergraduate Entrance Test ) for which your age need to lie within 17 years to 22 years.

For more updates and details about CLAT you can log on to the link www.clat.ac.in where as for BHU UET you can refer to the link www.bhuonline.in. Also for details about admission procedure of other universities you can refer to their respective links like for DU www.du.ac.in, for GGSIUP www.ipu.ac.in.
22nd January 2017, 06:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How and when should I apply for LLB entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required for application?

LLB stand for Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is three year undergraduate course.

The admission in course is offered on the basis of entrance examination or on merit basis ( varies with universities ). The eligibility to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

There is no age limit to get admission in course.

The application form for admission is made available in month of March - April. So, for details visit the official website of university.
22nd January 2017, 07:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The application for admission in course is offered online at official website of university. So, you can apply when the application is released. It will be available from April or May.

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law. The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. According to Bar Council of India there is no upper age limit for admission in LLB course.

The minimum required aggregate in bachelor degree to get admission in 50% ( varies with universities). Candidates have to qualify in examination if admission is on merit basis.
22nd January 2017, 08:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for LLB course after completion of graduation:

Age limit:

Maximum age is 20 years and 22 for SC and ST candidates.

Educational qualification:

Candidate should have passed 12th or equivalent examination with minimum 45% marks for general / OBC / p w d categories and maximum 40% marks for SC and ST categories.

You have to clear the CLAT exam in order to get admission at top institutes of our country.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?