21st November 2010, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

How to write Group 1 exam? Coaching institutes for preparation?

Hi,
I am a software engineer.I am interested in writing group1 exam as it has been my passion.I need to know how to get started with it and how to proceed.Please let me know with the details.I also need to know what are the study materials available for it.is there any centre to offer sessions for the same.

Thanks,
Karthika

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for Group exam? What is the qualification required to write group exam
  2. How can I do preparation for IAS exam after completing B.Sc? Do I have to join any Coaching Institutes for preparation?
  3. How should I prepare for group exam? What is the qualification for the same?
  4. What is the fee structure for Group exams Coaching Institutes? What is the duration of the course?
  5. Which are the best Coaching Institutes for TNPSC Group 1 and Group 2 Exams in Tamil Nadu?
  6. Any good coaching institutes in Bangalore for preparation?
  7. List of coaching institutes in Gurgaon, Delhi to prepare for Civil Services Group II exam? How much amount will I have to pay for it?
  8. Which is the best Coaching Institutes in Gurugram for IIT preparation? What is the fee structure of the Institute? -- [New]
  9. What exams can I write after BSc Agriculture to get a job? Eligibility criteria for writing Group I exam? Any special coaching required for the exam?
  10. Is it necessary to take coaching for JEE MAIN preparation?
  11. List of best coaching institutes of Delhi for CSIR JRF preparation after B.Sc Mathematics? Best books for the preparation of this exam?
  12. Best coaching institutes for CLAT 2017 and AILET 2017
  13. Which are the best coaching institutes for GATE preparation for Electronics Stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Reputed coaching institutions for Group II coaching?
  15. When should I start preparing for IIT exam? Best Coaching Institutes and Books for preparation
  16. Best Coaching Institutes offering Sainik School Exam Preparation in Faridabad (Haryana) or in Delhi NCR
  17. Good coaching institutes in INDIA for postal course & crash course for CEED preparation? Common entrance examination for design?
  18. List of top coaching centers for IIT-JEE preparation? How may I get information about online coaching exam preparation(Kota)?
1st December 2010, 11:37 AM
lavanyaratala

Default Re: How to write Group 1 exam? Coaching institutes for preparation?

hello karthika...
In order to start with the group 1 exam there will be some coaching centers in every city.You didn't mentioned you place..so here are some sites where you can do online study.Delhi is the best option to take coaching and here is the address

For more details you can check civilservicesindia.com
Khan Study Group.
2521, Hudson Line, Vijay Nagar Chowk
Near G.T.B. Metro Station
Delhi 110009
India
011-27130786
011-27131786
011-27132786
And
52, Old Rajender Nagar Market
Near Karol Bagh Metro Station
Delhi 110060
011-45170303
011-47640303
http://www.ksgindia.com
http://ksgindia.blogspot.com
http://ksgindia.wordpress.com
http://www.facebook.com/ksgindia
ALL THE BEST
1st December 2010, 12:37 PM
murugan.p@sidvincoretech

Wink Re: How to write Group 1 exam? Coaching institutes for preparation?

Hi Karthika,

First of all i congrats you that you are moving towards your passion.

This is a million dollar question.Many people have tried and succeeded in their own ways in the Group 1 Examination. Here are some of my observations.

1. You should be able to write fast. I mean real fast. Imagine answering a 10 mark question in 10 minutes and then doing the same for 15 times continuously. It is a very hard task. But like any other work, it can be mastered with practice. So, first, Practice writing every day. This is one of the reasons why we are not simply sending the Question ans answers to your Mail but we are asking you to come and read here. We want you to write down every answer in your note books. And then write them again, then again…… If you do this, you will reallise that each time you write the answer you will make a new mistake (or) you will forget mentioning an important point. If you keep on writing them again and again, then you will reach a stage when you won’t make any mistakes. That is perfection. That is how we want you to be by the time of the examination. And believe us, it is possible.

2. You need not read extensively. Prelims is over, the days of compiling information and reading whatever you can and memorising various facts and dates etc have gone. You need to read more and more about less and less now. We will be following the syllabus given by the APPSC. We will cover every topic. So, you need not worry about that. Just forget about reading some more books and try to master whatever notes we are providing you. If and only if you sincerely feel that whatever notes we have provided for a particular Question is inadequate, then only try to refer other sources. We assure you that we have gone through most of the standard books and prepared the Notes. But, we might have ommitted some information due to time factor. We have selected the best points, the points which the examiner will look for in your answer sheet and compiled the notes. So, be thorough with our notes.

3. Revise regularly. Otherwise we tend to forget whatever we have read previously. At least revise every week.

4. We will conduct tests suddenly whenever we feel that a considerable portion of the syllabus has been covered. However, we wont be able to evaluate your Papers. We can only provide you with Question Paper. It is up to you to write the exam honestly. We know you have a very busy schedule. But pick a date of your choice, sit tight for 3 hours, switch off your mobile and write the exam and later you can check the answers yourself. Don’t get up before 3 hours, don’t cheat and don’t worry, you will get used to it eventually.

5. Read Frontline magazine. It will develop your critical evaluation power, vocabulary and general knowledge. Though we will provide you with answers for Essay Questions in Paper 1, if you read Frontline occasionally, you can add your own view to the Essays provided by us to make them even more unique.

6. Don’t be in a hurry to read everything. When you start the preparation afresh, you will have the urge to read everything. It is natural. But calm down, keep your mind on the task at hand. Read each answer carefully and forget about the other topics while reading this answer. Keep your faith in us, we promise that we will cover every topic for all these 4 Papers.

7. Prepare for Paper 5 on your own. We will provide more information on Paper 5 soon but we can’t provide any notes for that.

8. Listen to the audio at the same time go through the notes. Do it as many times as possible. It helps to memorise the answer.

9. Buy some A-4 size Papers and practice writing on them because, the answer sheet provided by the APPSC will be roughly the same size. By practicing on A-4 size paper you will know exactly what length your answer will be and how many pages you can write in 3 hours etc.

10. Keep everything to yourself. This is a competitive exam and every single mark counts. So, keep all your notes to yourself. If you want to help your friends, you can do it after you are selected for a good service. But now is not the time. Don’t think it as selfishness, it’s the order of the day.

Hope this may help you. Wish you a good time.
1st December 2010, 08:02 PM
N.Dhivya

Hi,
There are various sites available regarding group 1 exams.....

To get help materials please visit
helpmaterial.blogspot.com
http://helpmaterial.blogspot.com/2009/04/ias-exam-written-test-pattern.html

www.civilserviceshelp.blogspot.com

http://www.civilserviceindia.com/subject/General-Studies/free-books/index.html

since you haven't mentioned your area of living, i cant help you with the coaching institute names.
ALL THE BEST....
14th December 2010, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

All the Best
24th December 2010, 07:26 AM

thank you for ur information iwant the full information pls give me..
29th December 2010, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to appear for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police(Category-1)... please help me to get.
Also I need the syllabi to get prepared for this exam....
11th January 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

HI the reply which u gave to karthika was awesome. But where we get this institute. If u could help us with coaching center address that would greatful. I am living in the bangalore. My email ID [email protected] and mobile number is 9916074747. Please if anybody knows any information please let me know.
2nd July 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

how can a dental professional prepare for group 1 n what posts are we eligible under group 1 and what r the materials to be prepared.how would be future in group1 for a medical professional
15th October 2011, 04:06 PM
bl.siyol

If u could help us with coaching center address that would greatful. I am living in the bangalore. Here are some of my observations.
You should be able to write fast. I mean real fast. Imagine answering a 10 mark question in 10 minutes and then doing the same for 15 times continuously. It is a very hard task. But like any other work, it can be mastered with practice. So, first, Practice writing every day. This is one of the reasons why we are not simply sending the Question ans answers to your Mail but we are asking you to come and read here.
28th November 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

approxmatly in which dates the group II notification is released?
29th November 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

how much required for group 1 preparation for freshers
29th November 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

How much time is required for gruop 1 preparation for freshers
5th December 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

which is the best coaching center for group1 in hyderabad
9th December 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

gdevng sir! i want best coaching centres in hyderabad. as im preparing for da group 1. plz sort out me da best of best coaching centres for group 1. plz
thnks,
sowjanya sharma
9th December 2011, 08:37 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am a software engineer.I am interested in writing group1 exam as it has been my passion.I need to know how to get started with it and how to proceed.Please let me know with the details.I also need to know what are the study materials available for it.is there any centre to offer sessions for the same.

Thanks,
Karthika
Hi Karthika,
if you want to become a group 1 officer then you need to clear
preliminry examination which is an objective type.
then you need to write mains after clearing prelims. you will have to give your examination in 6 subjects and this is subjective in nature and after that you will have to undergo through personal interview. if you clear all these phases then you can become an group 1 officer.
in hyderabad you have
RC Reddy
Brain Tree
KS Rao
Lakshya
Vijetha etc
are the training centers providing coaching for Group 1.
here i am attaching a file with complete information about Group 1.

All the Best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf appsc g1.pdf(35.8 KB, 475 views)
12th February 2012, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

where are the institutes which provided coaching for Group I services
6th March 2012, 12:34 PM
anjaneyulum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
where are the institutes which provided coaching for Group I services
Hey... Could you write complete address of group 1 coaching centres in hyderabad?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Anjan
Job Descriptions
7th March 2012, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Can you please tell me the coaching center in banglore for the preparation of group 1 exams
and can I eligible for Group 1 exams Am a B.tech Electronic student,And for which post am i Eligible.And let me Know The details of mains and prelims.what are all the syllabus for prelims

Sadhana
4th June 2012, 06:37 PM
gaybhavana

I am B.tech 2011 passed out.Now I am working in IT field.But i want to prepare for the groups.As a fresher how much time will take for the preparation?and how many hours will spend per a day for the preparation?
and tell me which institute is best for coaching in Hyderabad?and
a)is screening test and prelims same?
b)tell me pattern of exam?
c) basically I am Telugu medium student. I am studying in Telugu medium up to intermediate some one said to me that"it is better to write exam in Telugu medium"is it better for me?
d)are coaching centers available for Telugu medium?
e)can i write group1 in Telugu medium?
f)give schedule for preparation
give me reply as early as possible
Thanks,
sujitha
31st August 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Everybody says that Mains exam is of conventional type. What does it mean? Whether we should write answers. Give details.

Thanks
Suja
20th September 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

i have rural back ground,i don't know any thing about groups. pls tell me how i can prepare for that exams systematically.
11th October 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

hi....niharika here.... plz let me know the new institutions for group 1 in hyd near tharnaka.....
7th March 2013, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

hii... im Divya btech 2013 passout. can u please tell me the best coaching institutes for groups in hyderabad with address?? im interested to write groups exams as it is been my dream goal.. please help
21st April 2013, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

hai,
This is murali i am a software engineer i am so interested in group 2 exam could e tell me how to hit my target please.
3rd January 2014, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am sravani.i copleted my grduation(B.Sc nursing).I am interested in writing group1 exam as it has been my passion.I need to know how to get started with it and how to proceed.Please let me know with the details.I also need to know what are the study materials available for it.is there any centre to offer sessions for the same.

Thanks,
m.sravani
27th October 2014, 04:20 AM
Unregistered

which coaching centre in kolkata would be good for preparation of tnpsc exam for group 1 ?
13th November 2014, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/mam, will the group 1 coaching be given all days or only when the notifications are out..please do reply.
13th November 2014, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

will the group 1 coachings be given only when the notifications are out?? or everytime when one likes to have.
8th January 2017, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir i would like to know medium of telugu writing in group 1 is disadvantage or not, while facing any problem at the time of valuation and also we will get low marks compare to english medium writing students . is it true or not.
31st October 2017, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i had completed Bsc in 2005.now I'm working as a state government employ in Telangana state.now I'm interested preparing for group one exams.I have open category, so may I know I'm eligible for group one exams or not. I shall write exams in telugu medium and I shall face any problems with telugu medium and give me suggestions for better preparation.Sir, I waiting for your reply.Thanking you sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?