3rd February 2018, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

I have completed graduation but did not appear for 2 papers of Post Graduation. Am I eligible for UPSC exam?

I have completed my graduation but did not gave two exam papers of post graduation. Will I be eligible to appear for Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam for the session 2018? I'm 23 years old.

9th February 2018, 04:08 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I have completed graduation but did not appear for 2 papers of Post Graduation. Am I eligible for UPSC exam?

Let me tell you that you will be eligible to write UPSC entrance examination after completing graduation only.
Minimum educational qualification is graduation, post graduation is not compulsory.
Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university in any stream.
Candidate must have scored at least 50 percent aggregate in graduation.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years. Relaxation is for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Selection procedures:-
Preliminary
Mains
Interview
9th February 2018, 07:04 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I have completed graduation but did not appear for 2 papers of Post Graduation. Am I eligible for UPSC exam?

UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) it conducts examination for recruitment in various services.

Some of the entrance examination conducted by UPSC is:-

Civil Service.
Combined Service.
Indian Engineering Service.
Indian Forest Service.
CAPFs.

The eligibility varies with the examination. The most common entrance examination conducted is Civil Service examination.

The eligibility for Civil Service examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in the final year of bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

So, you are eligible to appear for the Civil Service examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th February 2018, 08:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests same is a commission rather than an examination that conducts different examination for recruitment at various posts as a Central government employee.

But in general the term UPSC examination is used instead of Civil Services examination which is held for recruitment of personnels at various admisnistrative posts like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. and that must be the case in your question too.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in Civil Services examination haveing not appeared in your post graduation degree papers then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible having completed your undergraduate degree course as the minimum educational requirement for appearing in Civil Services examination is a graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

For more details regarding UPSC examinations you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?