27th January 2018, 12:46 AM
Chetana naikar

I'm studying in final year of Automobile Engineering. Can I apply for Indian Foreign Service exam?

After 6 month I will completing my Automobile Engineering after which I want to apply for Indian Foreign Service (IFS) exam. Will I be eligible to apply for it? If yes, how should I apply for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for TANCET(M.E.) for B.E.(Automobile Engineering) final year student?
  2. Is B.Tech in Civil Engineering student eligible to write Indian Foreign Service exam? Seats available for IFS post in India?
  3. Am I eligible for Indian foreign Service exams after being detained due to health problems?
  4. How should I become an IPS officer?
  5. Whether a final year Food Science & Technology student can write Indian Foreign Services or not?
  6. B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  7. Whether a B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  8. Procedure to apply for training in automobile companies while doing final year mechanical engineering?
  9. Detailed information about job specification of Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year candidate?
  10. Which Optional subjects I should select to clear IFS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How can I apply for Paid Internship in Indian Railway being a B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) final year candidate?
  12. Eligibility criteria for appearing for Indian Foreign Service examination? Can girls appear for IFS exam?
  13. Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service exam being a B.E.(Electrical Engineering) final year student? -- [New]
  14. Eligibility to appear in RRB exam for B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) final year student?
  15. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Police Service exam after completing B.Com?
  17. Which optional subject should I choose to clear Indian Foreign Service?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 22 years old CA Final student?
28th January 2018, 09:12 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: I'm studying in final year of Automobile Engineering. Can I apply for Indian Foreign Service exam?

No at present you are not eligible to apply to Indian Foreign Services (IFS) Exam which comes under the purview of Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Minimum educational qualification for appearing in UPSC CSE :

- One must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

- One should have attained 21 years of age before applying the form and not more than 32 years in case of Unreserved candidates. However, there is a relaxation in age of 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC Communities and 5 years in case of SC/ST.

- You have to apply the form that will be available in the Examination section on the UPSC website in March.

- Exam Pattern : Prelims, Mains , Interview.
28th January 2018, 01:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I'm studying in final year of Automobile Engineering. Can I apply for Indian Foreign Service exam?

Indian Foreign Service is a prestigious Central Civil Service of Indian Government. The salary of an IFS officer is greater than an IPS officer whereas Indian Police Service is an All India Service.

1. Union Public Service Commission which is a constitutional body conducts Civil Services examination every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS etc.

2. Bachelor's degree passed or studying in final year candidates can apply for this examination. Automobile engineers in final year can apply for this examination.

3. Minimum age limit required to apply for exam is 21 years.

4. The notification for 2018 examination is expected to be released on 22nd February, 2018. After that you can apply for exam at official website of UPSC.
28th January 2018, 08:46 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The entrance examination of Indian Foreign Services is called Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Automobile engineering students can apply for Civil Services examination. Final year engineering candidates can also apply for exam.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

You can apply for examination when notification is released at official website at http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?