10th October 2018, 01:53 AM
Sai tarun reddy

Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for B.Com (Accountancy) graduate?

I have completed my 10th with 85% marks and 12th with 80% marks. I have done my B.Com Accountancy Honours this year with 51% marks. I want to get job in India Air Force. So, I would like to know about the opportunities available for me to join Indian Air Force as an Accountant?

12th October 2018, 02:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for B.Com (Accountancy) graduate?

Candidates passed 12th in Physics and Mathematics and have are eligible to appear in the examination for recruitment in Air Force.

Candidates having above qualification are eligible to appear for AFCAT or CDS examination.

You have to appear and qualify in various stages of examination for final recruitment. For more information visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in or www.upsc.gov.in.
13th October 2018, 09:05 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for B.Com (Accountancy) graduate?

The examination is called Air Force Common Admission Test.

Recruitment to following through AFCAT:

1. Ground duty branch.

2. Flying branch.

3. Technical branch.

~~Commerce graduates can apply for AFCAT exam for Ground duty branch.

~~Age limit is 20-26 years.

~~There is written test and SSB.
13th October 2018, 11:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination for recruitment as an officer in Indian Air Force. CDS and AFCAT is the common examination for recruitment in defence service.

Candidates passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible to appear in examination. Examination is conducted in two stages and you have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection.

The two stages are :- Written and SSB.
14th October 2018, 05:14 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Non-Engineering background candidates can apply for Ground Duty jobs of IAF.

Ground Duty jobs are sub-divided into following three categories:
  • Administration & Logistics branch
  • Accounts branch
  • Education branch

To get job in Accounts Branch, you must have completed Graduation course with at least 60% marks.

As you have secured 51% marks in Graduation, so you are not eligible to apply for Accounts post in IAF.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?