28th January 2011, 09:31 PM
vijaykumar1

Jobs after B.Tech (mechanical engineering) with 76% marks upto 3rd year?

i was studying btech 3rd year now and i would like to do job after my b-tech and my aggrigate is 76% can u help me out what kind of job is better for me .and i am studying mechanical engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Latest government jobs and private sector jobs in mechanical engineering in which I can apply after scoring 66% aggregate upto 7th semester?
  2. AIEEE cut off marks for mechanical engineering for general category -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to take up government jobs in Railways? I am in last year of B.E from Mechanical Engineering
  4. How to get a government job after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  5. Government jobs with handsome salary for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th year student?
  6. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  7. Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?
  8. How to prepare for Navratna Company jobs for Mechanical Engineering students?
  9. Can I apply for any government jobs or private jobs after doing Mechanical Engineering with 9 CGPA?
  10. Scope of a mechanical engineering student in government sector? What are the entrance dates of various exams?
  11. Any government jobs in AP and Central after MCA with 83% upto 3 semesters?
  12. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) female student?
  13. Core jobs available for me having 7.32 CGPA upto 6th semester? -- [New]
  14. Any jobs available after doing 4 year of engineering with percentage around 68%?
  15. How can I get a job as there is no campus placement available at the college? I am a final year mechanical engineering student with 73% marks?
  16. Can I get job in Tata Motors or any other automobile companies if having 2 arrears in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?
  17. Can I get jobs after completing Mechanical engineering with 55%?
  18. Internship opportunities in Indian Railway for Mechanical Engineering student?
30th January 2011, 12:13 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Jobs after B.Tech (mechanical engineering) with 76% marks upto 3rd year?

After third year ..you are only eligible for intern and not for job... so first complete you internship.
30th January 2011, 12:24 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobs after B.Tech (mechanical engineering) with 76% marks upto 3rd year?

hi...
for an mechanical engineer the core jobs are the best,
if you want to do job then better try to clear the exams of psu's and try to do job in them ,
you can also try to do job in private sector companies like L&T,MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA.
also if you are not interested in companies which are from core then you can try to shift to software side in companies like tcs and infosys
all the best
1st February 2011, 09:02 PM
diego
Banned

dear friend, Mechanical engineering is one of the most evergreen and in demand field of engineering,... wherever you see machines you can find a mechanical engineer,
after completing B.Tech you have two options
1.Government Jobs... IES,DRDO,ISRO,state government jobs.
you will have to appear for competitive exams for selection like IES.
2. Private sector :: Tata motors, Maruti,power companies,catterpillar,Tata steel,Suzlon etc.
to get private sector jobs you can sit in campus interview or you can send you application and resume to the companies.
one more option you have is to go for IT-JOBS, you can apply for infy,TCS,wipro etc.
5th February 2011, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

i m physical handicapped student,,,,,,wat are eligibility for ntpc,bhel,sail,ongc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,and is i am eligibile for air force technical branch,mes.
17th February 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am subrat
i am a B.TECH(mechanical stream) fresher . wheather i can get jobs in companies like INFOSYS,TCS, WIPRO . I have 87% in 10th,74.8% in 12th, 82% in b.tech.
23rd February 2011, 09:45 PM
chinudey20

As you are in core branch you can apply for both core and software jobs. Also there are a lot of govt. recruitments these days. So you can get a good job after passing out from engg.
5th March 2011, 05:12 AM
Unregistered

Sir, iam studying BE Mech 2nd year in bangalore. Can i get job in bel,bhel,hal? How much percentage necessary? And how can i go into software field? On what base subjects i can go to infosys,tcs....?
7th March 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

sir,now i am in 3rd years . can i apply for any entrance exam of goverment jobs???????/
15th March 2011, 02:01 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Jobs after B.Tech (mechanical engineering) with 76% marks upto 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, iam studying BE Mech 2nd year in bangalore. Can i get job in bel,bhel,hal? How much percentage necessary? And how can i go into software field? On what base subjects i can go to infosys,tcs....?
hello friend..

Question No 1 : Can i get job in bel,bhel,hal? How much percentage necessary?

Ans : Yes, you can get the job in BEL, BHEL & HAL if you have a minimum 60 % in 10th, 12th, and B.E/B.Tech till 7th sem.

Question No 2 : And how can i go into software field? On what base subjects i can go to infosys,tcs....?

Ans : You can go into software fields by joining companies like infosys, TCS through campus placements with minimumeligibility criteria as 60 % and above in 10th, 12th and B.E/B.Tech till 7th sem. Companies like infosys, TCS etc. do take mechanical engineers in campus palcements, so as you are now in 2nd year just concentrate well in your studiesand perform well am sure you will have a bright future..

hope the info. helps...All the Best..
25th March 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

HOW THE PERCENTAGE IN BTECH IS CALCUTED IN EACH SEMISTER
17th April 2011, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

sir what kind of job has to be done by a mechanical engineer in IT'S like TCS and infosys and after having worked in these companies fo 2 years will it be easy to switch to core companies?
25th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

hi friends!! Can anyone tell me how can i get into any automobile manufacturing company like Mahindra&Mahindra. I am in 8th sem mechanical with 75.85% aggregate till 7th sem.
1st May 2011, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

i am pursuing b tech 3 rd year,m.e. And secured 86.2,73.4,70 in 10th,12th,b tech respectively.what are applicable jobs for me?
18th May 2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

i am a undergraduate student of b.tech in mechnical engineerining.I have complited my 1st year. i am studying in IIITDM JABALPUR.I HAVE SCORED 79.17% IN 10th & 82% IN 12th .
MY AIEEEE Rank is 13209. & my 1st sem score is 7.1.2nd sem result not came yet.
plz tell me that what should i score to get a job in core companies?
28th May 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM STUDYING B.TECH 3 YEAR (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING).I HAVE AN AIM TO DO JOB IN HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED .HOW CAN I GET THERE AND WHAT TYPE JOBS ARE THERE .MY PERCENTAGE IS 70
6th June 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiii sir i am mechanical engineering studen . i am now paas out fro book lerning but i h3rd year my agregrate percentage is 63% . i am not interseted in
10th July 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

now i am complete my 3rd year in mechanical engg. the names of govt. jobs i can be sitted in 2011-12 session i.e my 4th year
22nd July 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

What are the posts
21st August 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

sir
i have 72.7% in btech but have 58.8 % in 12th so in which companies i am elligible in ....i m frm mechanical engineering..
21st August 2011, 10:40 PM
sg1991

Mechanical engineering is a core branch. It is an evergreen branch which has a lot of job opportunities in government sector.
After completing your B.Tech. you can apply in following public sector companies-
* BHEL
* DRDO
* ISRO
* NTPC
* ONGC
* UPSC (IES) etc.
You can also go in Indian Railway.
You can also try in steel plants, thermal power plants etc.
22nd August 2011, 01:32 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You just don't worry.. you are from mechanical branch.. Which is a core branch... So you will definitely get a huge opportunity to get a job in core sector...
As your aggregate is till now impressive, so you can sit in any PSU exam...
You can apply for core technical jobs like-
TATA MOTORS
TATA STEEL
L&T
Mahindra & Mahindra.
Ashoke Leyland..
NTPC
Railways..

you can also apply for UPSC exams like- IAS,IES,IPS,IFS etc..
If you have interest in defense sector then you can appear in exams like-
CDS, TES, UES etc...

All the best....
22nd August 2011, 07:38 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Jobs after B.Tech (mechanical engineering) with 76% marks upto 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykumar1 View Post
i was studying btech 3rd year now and i would like to do job after my b-tech and my aggrigate is 76% can u help me out what kind of job is better for me .and i am studying mechanical engineering

76% is a really good percentage and u can get a really good job with this..if u try outside ur college..it is going to be a bit difficult for u to get placed..however if u try on-campus placement..it would be very easy for u..try to get into the companies coming for placement to ur college or university..

hope this helps..
27th August 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

now iam in second year can i register my name in any where for gettig job after 4th year,80percentage in sslc and 74%in higher secondary and 65% in first year b tech
27th August 2011, 06:41 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you are doing your bachelor degree in mechanical engineering then you will get a huge opportunity to get a job in core field....
As you are now in 3rd year, then you are not eligible to apply for the PSU's now..
But when you will be in final year of your bachelor degree then you can apply for those PSU's..

You can apply for core technical jobs like:-

1.TATA MOTORS
2.HINDUSTAN MOTORS
3.ASHOKE LEYLAND
4.L&T
5.TATA STEEL
6.HINDULCO
7.RAILWAYS
8.BHEL
9.BEL
10.ONGC
11.SAIL
12.UPSC EXAMS like- IAS,IES,IFS,IPS..
13.Defense exams like- EKT,CDS,UES etc..

All the best..
1st September 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

i m in mech. 4th yr and i want to know that if i get the job in the infi then do i join another core company after one yr job in infi ?... Do they treated me as a experienced person or as a fresher ? ... does it will effect for taking a job in core company..? pls anybody here to help me ...!!
11th September 2011, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed 10th and 12th with 84%and87% . I want to join in engineering which group is better mec oreee to get job after btec?
25th October 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

what percenteg of marks in 10th ,12th is neded to get a job in Tata motors?
14th November 2011, 03:39 AM
Unregistered

im in mechanical 2nd yr...and totally confused over the PSU exams,the UPSC exams and the EKT,CDS. and im quite afraid that even if i clear the written section in the CDS and EKT..isnt it really hard to get through the SSB?? help me frndz.
11th March 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my mechanical engineering degree previous year with 6.35cgpa. Can i get job somewhere ? Where should i apply for jobs? i am willing to take some short term courses, tell me which one is better now?
11th March 2012, 10:45 PM
venkatadrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykumar1 View Post
there are jobs available in government sectors like DRDO and private sectors like tata steel , mahindra, l&t, ashok leyland etc., for 3rd B.Tech mechanical engineers
7th August 2012, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

what are the opprtunities for B.E. mechanical in maharashtra government jobs?
plz help me nd reply me on mailtoattul@ gmail.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?