10th June 2017, 03:17 PM
Abhilashc123

Join indian Navy as sub lieutenant after mechanical engineering

I am a second yr mechanical engineering student under anna university.wt should I do to join indian Navy as a sub lieutenant after my study....Plz help me?

10th June 2017, 06:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Join indian Navy as sub lieutenant after mechanical engineering

After graduation in mechanical engineering, one is eligible to apply for the Indian Navy through applying and cracking CDS exam that stands for Combined Defence Services that is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility to appear in CDS exam:

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male.

Candidate must have either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or pass with physics, chemistry and mathematics or BTech degree from a recognised University.

Should have age in between 19 to 22 years with no upper Age relaxation for any reserved candidate.

Should have possessed good physical and mental fitness.

For more information you may log in to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th June 2017, 07:22 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your mechanical engineering degree course you are eligible to apply for Indian Naval Academy through CDS conducted by UPSC once in a year.

To be eligible for Indian Navy through CDS exam follow this given below eligibility criteria:

- The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male.

- Age should be in between 19 to 22 years and there is no upper age relaxation for reserved students.
10th June 2017, 08:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your mechanical engineering you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Candidates after qualifying in examination will be eligible for recruitment as Lieutenant. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services.

The minimum age limit to appear for Indian Navy is 19-22 years. The examination will be conducted in two stages as Written and SSB and candidates must have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection.

For more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th June 2017, 09:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Navy as a sub lieutenant as a commissioned officer being a mechanical degree pursuer you need to qualify CDS entrance examination.

--> CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and same examination is held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join Indian Navy i.e; Naval Academy are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie with 19 years to 22 years.

* You must have either completed your B.E./B.Tech degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness norms as specified in the notification released for the same examination.

For more details about CDS entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
10th June 2017, 09:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Mechanical Engineering candidates can apply for Combined Defence Services to join Indian Naval Academy. CDS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

Candidates can clear written stages of this examination and Service Selection Board to join Naval Academy. The minimum academic qualification for CDS for Naval academy is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree either with science or engineering.

Being mechanical engineering candidate, you can apply for Combined Defence Services examination in final year of engineering. Age limit for Indian Naval Academy is 19-22 years.
11th June 2017, 10:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You should appear for CDSE to join as sub lieutenant in Indian Navy.

CDSE stands for Combined Defense Services Exam. UPSC conducts CDSE exam to make recruitment in the different wings of Indian Defense Services .

After clearing the CDSE exam, one can get recruited for the Lieutenant post in any one of the under mentioned wings of defense services.

- Indian Military Academy

- Naval Academy

- Air Force Academy

- Officer's Training Academy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?