27th June 2019, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Joining army at age 19 female at ota just doing btech 2nd year

I am doing my B.Tech 2nd year and I have applied for CDS examination. If I pass the exam then what about my B.Tech? Will I be able to continue with my B.Tech?

29th June 2019, 07:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Joining army at age 19 female at ota just doing btech 2nd year

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy. The minimum academic qualification required for Combined Defence Services is bachelor's degree in any discipline for OTA. You are at present in second year of B.Tech and hence not eligible for CDS examination.

Even if you clear all stages of this exam, you will not be eligible to join Officer's Training Academy. You can become eligible for the exam only in final year of bachelor's degree.
29th June 2019, 10:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

OTA refers to Officer's Training Academy and to join the same one is required to qualify the CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join OTA are as below :-

* You must hold the nationality of Indian.

* Your age need to lie within 20 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a second year student of 4-year B.Tech degree course, you are not eligible to join OTA even if you qualify the CDS entrance examination.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2019, 11:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The full form of OTA is Officer's Training Academy. Entry to it is given through Combined Defence Services.

2. You will be eligible for CDS OTA in final year of Bachelor of Technology. At present, you are not eligible for this academy.

3. There is written test and Service Selection Board.
30th June 2019, 01:15 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates in the 2nd year of the B.Tech course are not eligible to appear for the CDS examination.

Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in two stages.

The common eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or in the final year of the B.Tech course.

Age limit is 19-25 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2019, 11:01 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

OTA is Officer's Training Academy for recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC.

It is conducted twice in a year.

The common eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 19-25 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages.

Candidates in the final year or have passed bachelor degree are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination now.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2019, 11:19 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, second year Bachelor of Technology candidates can not apply for Combined Defence Services examination.

Only candidates who have completed bachelor's degree or studying in final year of bachelor's degree can apply for CDS exam for OTA.

Both unmarried male and female Indian citizens can apply for CDS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?