6th August 2022, 03:03 AM
Unregistered

Is it legal to pay donations to a college to get a seat because you're not eligible to take a course?

If I'm gonna take engineering, but i have shitty grades in math, so I'm not really eligible to take the course, is it legal to pay extra money to get a seat and learn that course?. How does it affect the student?

9th August 2022, 01:04 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it legal to pay donations to a college to get a seat because you're not eligible to take a course?

No. It is not legal to pay donations to a college to get a seat because of your low marks.

In accordance with the Right to Education Act, any donation made in consideration for admission is illegal. Similar to this, it is illegal to donate to government-owned colleges.
10th August 2022, 10:45 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it legal to pay donations to a college to get a seat because you're not eligible to take a course?

No. It is illegal to give money to a college in order to gain a seat because of your poor grades.

Any donation given in exchange for admission is prohibited by the Right to Education Act. Similar to this, giving donations to reserve seats at government-financed universities is prohibited.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?