28th July 2010, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma

pls tell me how i will take admission in B-tech after doing diploma through punjab state board of technical education in electronics and comm. trade.also tell me the list of colleges by lateral entery in 2nd year.

Related Questions:
  1. Does colleges which comes under government category provide admission for diploma students in 2nd year through lateral entry?
  2. Am I eligible for B.Tech plastic engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry after completing diploma
  3. Am I eligible for the programme of B.Tech in Plastic Engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry
  4. Which colleges offer Lateral entry in engineering for diploma holders in Chandigarh and other states?
  5. Which colleges are offering lateral entry? List of institutes and procedure for admission for direct entry into the 2nd year B.E after diploma engineering?
  6. List of colleges taking admission by lateral entry in 2nd year in engineering in Nashik?
  7. List of colleges offering direct lateral entry scheme into 2nd year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  8. Lateral entery in NIT b.tech: Admission in 2nd year after diploma in electrical engineering?
  9. Colleges offering lateral entry directly into 2nd year of engineering? Does Jadavpur University offer lateral entry?
  10. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  11. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  13. Possibility to take admission in BE through lateral entry in best colleges of USA after Diploma engineering? List of colleges and entrance exam for it? -- [New]
  14. How to take admission in 2nd year mechanical engineering after passing 12th PCM and ITI?
  15. What should I study further after completion of Mechanical Diploma course?
  16. Eligibility for B.Tech lateral entry after Diploma?
  17. Colleges in Assam which accept Lateral Entry?
  18. Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry?
29th July 2010, 06:08 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma

Dear friend
The colleges that offer lateral entry, conduct separate entrance examination for it. So there is nothing much complex about admission through lateral entry.
In south like Kerala and Tamilnadu the state engineering entrance conducts separate exam for lateral entry. You can visit the official websites for details about dates.

Some of the famous colleges that offer this course and also having their separate entrance procedure for lateral entry are
Indraprastha University, New Delhi
St. Longowal Institute of engg and tech., Punjab
Cochin University, Cochin
KIITS Orissa
VIT Vellore
Hindustan Institute of Technology, Chennai
thank you
29th July 2010, 07:13 PM
shubham957

Default Re: List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
pls tell me how i will take admission in B-tech after doing diploma through punjab state board of technical education in electronics and comm. trade.also tell me the list of colleges by lateral entery in 2nd year.
you will have to fill the form of lateral entry. An entrance exam will be held. And ranks will be provided to you. If you get good rank then only you will get admission in good college.
29th July 2010, 07:47 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend .... you can get admission in any of the engineering colleges no need of worrying... i'll say u something that there is rule of govt is some of seat wil be available for the diploma students... if you have scored good percentage in diploma you can get admitted in finest colleges in India........if you need to know the eligibility , information of colleges you can checkout this both the link hope it wil be very useful for you.....
http://www.indicareer.com/engineerin...-in-india.html
http://www.artkerala.com/education/e...-b-tech-course

regards
azhar
29th July 2010, 09:04 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,
all the college under the Punjab technical university take the lateral entry admission that is totally based on the entrance exam,so if you want to know the list of the college and course that provides this then go to the websites of the Punjab technical university
29th July 2010, 11:42 PM
subhash5687
Banned

for this you can log on to www.uptu.nic.in
www.rptu.com
where you will find all colleges
30th July 2010, 06:12 AM
sathsish

Smile Re: List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma

hello friend
you can get admission in any of the engineering colleges no need of worrying

Some of the colleges that offer this course and also having their separate entrance procedure for lateral entry are
KIITS Orissa
VIT Vellore

then visit this website to get all engineering colleges details
www.uptu.nic.in
www.rptu.com

and also visit this website too you can gain some more ideas:

http://www.indicareer.com/engineerin...-in-india.html
http://www.artkerala.com/education/e...-b-tech-course

all the very best..@@@
30th July 2010, 01:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your diploma, you can get direct admission in engineering through Lateral Entry Test.VIT Vellore, Hindustan Institute of Technology, Chennai, A.R.J. College Of Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras, .Government College of Engineering Pune (Maharashtra), B.R.A.C.T'S Vishwakarma Institute of Information Tech, Pune.Candidates should obtain at least 60% marks for appearing in lateral entry exam.
30th July 2010, 04:55 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Nearly all the colleges which provide Btech through UPTU will give b.tech lateral entry in 2nd year.
All the best!!!!!!!!!!
30th July 2010, 06:48 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

You can get admission into almost any engineering college all over India through Lateral Entry scheme.
Kindly visit the following website for a list of good colleges:

http://www.indicareer.com/engineering-colleges-in-india.html
http://www.artkerala.com/education/engineering-colleges-in-kerala/lateral-entry-scheme-for-b-tech-course

Also, you may be required to give DEET paper if you are a candidate in Karnataka.

Good Luck!!
10th August 2010, 01:58 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

If you want to get entry into 2nd year of BTech then you will have to answer an entrance test which can be all state or all india.

There are hundreds or more than that colleges in india which take consider lateral entry

THe best ones are Thapar,Manipal,IPU,Maharashtra college etc

So try your best to get into any of these

best of luck
10th August 2010, 12:50 PM
rohit_k

dear friend
thats a good idea and you can getting directly admission in b.tech from lovely professional university punjab.in this university can be provided lateral entry program for degree holder student.
elligibilty as:
70% marks secored in degree level. and get 50 thousand scholarship every year.
candidate must be secured less than 70% ,you should get also scholarship on the basis of tfa exam if you cal clear so you have provided scholarship.
10th August 2010, 02:36 PM
singhniraj

so the date of application from
in leteral entery test in b-tech. date of napplication from
10th August 2010, 07:39 PM
adityabhushan

dear there are almost all the colleges take admission of diploma holders in 2nd year as lateral entry. there are separate exam held for this.
you can get list of colleges on ther sites but the best colleges for this all in south are .

sathyabhama engineering college chennai,
hindustan engineering college.
vellore institute of technology .
vinayaka mission university.
srm university chennai

with best wishes.
aditya.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05082010083.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1602  
11th August 2010, 03:31 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

there are a lot of engg. colleges under following universities in which u can take admission through lateral entry

1.UPTU

2.BPTU

3.WBUT

and also colleges like

4.KIIT

5.VIT

6.ANNA UNIVERSITY

all d best.
18th August 2010, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

hiii... m raman from patiala, m doing diploma in architecture m confused about b tech.........plz tell me that which collage is best for civil engineering after diloma and whats the admission procedure
19th August 2010, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam
The Institution of Civil Engineers (India)
2nd September 2010, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Best college for mechanical eng. Through lateral entry Deepak singla I completed my diploma in G.n.d.p.c ludhiana so please tel me college firstly in punjab
14th October 2010, 10:47 PM
mseetharamster

In all private colleges you can get lateral admission into engineering.
In Universities there is no lateral admission.
15th October 2010, 01:22 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

there are many univercities and colleges which provide lateral entry in the direct 2nd year like
UPTU
RPTU
PTU
AND for more you can search on the net you will find
ok
15th October 2010, 01:24 AM
vik111

Dear,

Since you have completed your diploma, you can get direct admission in engineering through Lateral Entry Test.VIT Vellore, Hindustan Institute of Technology, Chennai, A.R.J. College Of Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras.

all the best
15th October 2010, 01:46 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma

Quote:
dear friend,

for lateral entry you need to go through an examination.so from which state you are appearing this entrance there will be definately list of colleges which take that.

good luck.
15th October 2010, 10:45 AM
helpmaster

dear student, there are number of private collager & some university which is offered the lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma.
there are following university -
... GBTU
... PTU
... KIIT
15th October 2010, 11:26 AM
helpmaster

after completing your diploma you are elligible for latery entry into those engineering colleges which provide through lateral entry scheme. UPTU colleges provide admission through this scheme
15th October 2010, 05:36 PM
aotiwari

There are hundreds of colleges which take lateral entry. Firstly you need to check out with your university itself, if you want to go out of punjab then Maharashtra is the best place to do it because we have a quota for diploma students (appox 10 to 20 seats) but for that you would have to pay some donation to get into management quota.
Check out there are entrance exams as well.
31st December 2010, 12:11 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
In most of the engineering colleges which offer lateral entry carries out a separate entrance exam. These colleges take up candidates with excellent score in their diploma. The entrance process is very simple process. You can visit any institutions online website to get lot of information regarding this. Some of the well known colleges which offer lateral entry are,

KIITS Orissa
VIT Vellore
27th March 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i am a btech student,1st year..i want to change my college.is there any college which would provide me lateral entry in 2nd year??
26th May 2011, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma

Tell me the list of colleges by lateral entery in 2nd year. Of Pune university
7th June 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

plz suggest me some good college for my lateral entry in 2nd year related to btech computer science with ful info.
7th June 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 10th with 78% and then i have done i com with 67% and now i would like to go for btech programme pls suggest any institute that i can do btech on the basic of 10th result .One collage i got is that chitkara university.
8th June 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

i have complete diploma in electonics in 76% . i want admission in b.tech second year in mnit jaipur collage . please send my question, answer for fast. in my e-mail id ([email protected]) and my mo.no. 919166538643
15th June 2011, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

thapar university also gives lateral admission?
23rd July 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

y daughter has completed diploma in Computer engg from Bhariya Vidyapeeth. I wish to take admission in B Tech through lateral entry. I have 87 per cent marks. Please guide
8th August 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

my overall rank in jelet 2466 and branch rank is 41 in ece please advice me
27th July 2012, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

I have complited diploma mechanical in benglore. I want admission to BE Mech.in 2nd yr direct in benglore I want to full detailed of
colleges with fees structur
27th July 2012, 03:24 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Here is a List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entry in 2nd year after diploma as under-

Galgotia College of Engg. And Technology
College of Engineering Anna University
Lovely Professional University
Thapar University
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College
IES College of Technology
Panimalar Engineering College
Dr BC Roy Engineering College
Sathyabhama engineering college chennai,
Hindustan engineering college.
Vellore institute of technology .
Vinayaka mission university.
SRM university chennai

There is a separate entrance test for the same & students must appear for the same.So try to study the basic concepts of the previous year from which you have gone through.
2nd July 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma

can you say the procedure for writing entrance exam on lateral entry in vit vellore?
3rd July 2013, 12:44 AM
banacareer

Hi,

The colleges that offer lateral entry, conduct separate entrance examination for it. So there is nothing much complex about admission through lateral entry.
In south like Kerala and Tamilnadu the state engineering entrance conducts separate exam for lateral entry. You can visit the official websites for details about dates.

Some of the famous colleges that offer this course and also having their separate entrance procedure for lateral entry are
RGPV Bhopal
LNCT bhopal
OIST bhopal
ITEIT bhopal
and all the universirty have the same critrain for the addmission.
3rd July 2013, 12:47 AM
banacareer

Exclamation Re: List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma

Hi,

RGPV Bhopal
LNCT bhopal
OIST bhopal
ITEIT bhopal
and all the universirty have the same critrain for the addmission.
27th July 2013, 02:49 PM
lipusahoo141
Senior Member+

dear friend.....

List of engineering colleges to take admission by lateral entery in 2nd year after diploma
---------------------------------

1.Cochin University, Cochin
2.St. Longowal Institute of engg and tech., Punjab
3.Hindustan Institute of Technology, Chennai
4.Indraprastha University, New Delhi
5.kiits,Orissa
6.hindustan engineering college.
7.Indraprastha University, New Delhi
8.vit,Vellore
9.vinayaka mission university.
10.Cochin University, Cochin
11.vellore institute of technology .
12.srm university chennai
13.Panimalar Engineering College
14.Hindustan engineering college.
15.ies College of Technology
16.Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?