13th February 2012, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

List of the Ph.D entrance exams for Ph.D maths in India? What is the eligibility, procedure, method of selection?

list the phd entrance exams for phd maths in india & eligiblity, aplication procedure, method of selection

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do PhD in Maths after completing Engineering? Qualification and eligibility criteria?
  2. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  3. List of institutes which offer PhD in Pharmacology and Phytochemistry in India?
  4. How may I do Ph.D without giving any entrance exam? List of institutions offering such course through correspondence? Is this available online?
  5. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  6. Is it possible to do PhD without entrance? Procedures and timing of classes?
  7. Can I apply for PhD entrance exams being an M.A. 2nd year student? Entrance exams to study PhD(History) in India?
  8. Which country is suitable to pursue PhD in Maths without entrance exams?
  9. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  10. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  11. Procedure to apply for PhD entrance exams of various universities in India?
  12. Doubts regarding correspondence PhD
  13. Eligibility and criteria to apply for PhD in India or Abroad?
  14. List of universities which offer PhD in Politics in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  15. List of colleges which offer PhD in Nursing to M.Sc candidate in Gujarat? Admission procedure, eligibility criteria and total fee expenses to study PhD in Nursing?
  16. What's the procedure for getting admission in PhD(maths) through correspondence from IGNOU university? Is there any entrance exams for this?
  17. What are the various entrance exams available to do Ph.D course? -- [New]
  18. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
1st May 2012, 10:13 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: List of the Ph.D entrance exams for Ph.D maths in India? What is the eligibility, procedure, method of selection?

Few universities and institutions offer Ph.d in maths.

Different university has Different criteria of selection for admitting candidate for Ph.d programme.

Some conduct entrance examination while some consider MAT/CAT/NET score and interview

and some other universities may have some other criteria of selection of students.

Minimum qualification for Ph.D course

Masters in Mathematics from recognized university with at least 55% to 60% marks.

Universities offering PhD in Mathematics
  • Osmania University

For more details, visit

www.osmania.ac.in
  • Kakatiya University

For more details visit

www. kuwarangal.com
  • Sri Venkateswara University

For more details visit

www. svuniversity.in

and

Some other universities.
23rd May 2012, 10:45 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: List of the Ph.D entrance exams for Ph.D maths in India? What is the eligibility, procedure, method of selection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
list the phd entrance exams for phd maths in india & eligiblity, aplication procedure, method of selection
P.hD in Maths:

Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible for earning a PhD degree in Mathematics, candidates must at least be graduates having passed their graduation with Mathematics as one of their major subject if not the only one, provided that their bachelors degree is a valid one.

Job Prospects
People having the degree of PhD in Mathematics to their name can start off their careers as university professors or lecturers or even pursue further work in the field of research.

Best Places to Pursue:

Indian Statistical Institutes
University of Calcutta
University of Delhi
University of Poona
University of Madras
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
8th July 2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i have get less than 50% in b.sc and above 60% in pg can i do p.hd from good university?
17th November 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

hello friend for phd u should hsve minimum 55percent in p.g only u.g percentage not required.

sushant rajput
career councellor and social acitivist
5th February 2013, 07:24 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

List of the Ph.D entrance exams for Ph.D maths in India

1.Sri Venkateswara University
2.Kakatiya University
3.Osmania University
4.University of Delhi
5.University of Madras
6.Indian Statistical Institutes
7.Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

all the beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12th March 2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

is Sri venkateswara university recognised by ugc for ph.d
19th January 2014, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

list of universities whose enterace form for phd is already out?
8th February 2014, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

I am mechanical engineering student. I want to ...do PHD in maths. And for that..what should I have to do??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?