27th November 2010, 08:32 PM
TeliRaghu

Made a wrong entry of category option in AIEEE online application : Is it possible to correct?

Hi, actually my brother applied aieee online and instead of entering CATEGORY option ah "general" he entered "obc" by mistake....What should we do now? actually all the numbers given in the site @contact us are not answering. We even sent emails explaining our problem to them. We didnot get any answer till now. If we apply online again it is not accepting. If anyone knows anything plz help.

28th November 2010, 08:19 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Made a wrong entry of category option in AIEEE online application : Is it possible to correct?

hii

a wrong entry of category option in AIEEE online application : Is it possible to correct
u have to contact to the numbers given in the back side of the appklication forms..

good luck.
28th November 2010, 04:39 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Made a wrong entry of category option in AIEEE online application : Is it possible to correct?

as you have done this mistake then if you are unable to correct then you will get rank card with a OBC rank also. when you will take admission on counseling then they will ask for OBC certificate. but you do not have that. so you will be considered as a general candidate.

in your rank card there will be also a general rank. so you should go for counseling on that day of counseling in which day your general rank will come.

but it is not good that you use OBC category although you are general candidate. i will suggest you to call them again and again on working day surely they will pick up your call and answer you giving all correct information. also you have mention that you have sent an email so they may reply you with a exact solution of your mistake.

do not worry so much about it. prepare yourself for the examination.

best of luck.
28th November 2010, 07:55 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Made a wrong entry of category option in AIEEE online application : Is it possible to correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeliRaghu View Post
Hi, actually my brother applied aieee online and instead of entering CATEGORY option ah "general" he entered "obc" by mistake....What should we do now? actually all the numbers given in the site @contact us are not answering. We even sent emails explaining our problem to them. We didnot get any answer till now. If we apply online again it is not accepting. If anyone knows anything plz help.
well raghu,

i read your problem , i came to conclusion that

this won't hinder YOUR BROTHER this time means at the time of your EXAM,

if you clear AIEEE exam and want to join in any college through out the India,

you need to prove that you are GENERAL not OBC,

i think they won't panelized you much.

so go for it.

say brother to not to worry for all this stuff.

just concentrate on his studies..

and say him from my side

ALL THE BEST.
28th November 2010, 11:43 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Dont worry its not a big issue. Every year so many of them commit the same mistake but CCB accepts the form.

The maximum thing which can happen is that instead of OBC for which you applied (By mistake) you will be considered for the general category. And if you dont know then let me tell you that there is certain process before they consider you as an OBC or SC/ST

They will ask for documents of you caste etc and if you send proper documents then only you will be considered for the exam..

So dont worry its perfectly fine and your form will remain harmless

And about the CCB officials not picking up the form and not replying to mails etc. Well you should accept the fact that its a government exam so these officials are just lazy and they dont want to do any extra work...Wont say much about it

Best of Luck
29th November 2010, 03:00 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Made a wrong entry of category option in AIEEE online application : Is it possible to correct?

Quote:
raghu,

you are a youngster now how could be so careless.
by the way he has made a very big mistake i must say.
i think this will gonna give you problem at the time of counselling, so don't worry now.
give the exam with full mood, and at the time of counselling change your category as general.

good luck
29th November 2010, 06:54 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey don't worry about that you just go and give your best in the AIEEE exam.
You will get the hall ticket with OBC category mentioned in it.

It's not a big task because if you get selected in the AIEEE then you don't have a certificate for proving that you belong to OBC category but your rank will also be provided in the OBC category which will be a small issue.

Please try to call them again and again,anyways work hard for the exam and score well.

all the best

So,just try to contact the officials again
2nd December 2010, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

hi i am appearing class 12t in 2011 but i wrote 2009 in place of 2011
5th December 2010, 12:36 AM
shwetha nair

hii

i have made wrong entry in aieee form for the demand draft number.Is it possible for me to chang it now?
8th December 2010, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

hi
I have selected mode of examination online instead of offline during the filling of form online can it be changed???
8th December 2010, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

hi
i have selected mode of examination 'online' instead of offline during online filling of form.So can it be changed?
17th December 2010, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Entered wrong dd number, date and address in AIEEE form, is to possible to change, kindly advise.
27th December 2010, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

I had opted for mode of examination online instead of offline and the registration no. is given.but thefee is not paid .Now the form can't be filled again ,if I fill it offline would it be accepted.....
28th December 2010, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

my fathers name is Naresh but instead of N i have written A in aieee application form.what should i do now?please reply.
28th December 2010, 11:55 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Don't worry your brother's AIEEE, 2011 application will be accepted. He should prepare for the exam now. If he gets selected he will be required to submit the OBC certificate at the time of counselling. On non submission of the certificate he will be automatically treated as general category candidate.

Meanwhile you can contact:
The Assistant Secretary (AIEEE Unit),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS 1-2 Institutional Area
IP Extension, Patparganj,
Delhi-110092.
12th January 2011, 09:03 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Catagory can never be changed once upon submission of application form.

In AIEEE 2011 notification, they have clearly stated in a notice box that Catagory will not be changed once upon submission.

So forget to change your catagory.
12th January 2011, 09:06 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Made a wrong entry of category option in AIEEE online application : Is it possible to correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetha nair View Post
hii

i have made wrong entry in aieee form for the demand draft number.Is it possible for me to chang it now?
Definetly you won't be able to correct it once upon submission as AIEEE has clearly stated that correction can never be made once upon submission.

Better to contact CBSE regionsl office in this respect as they are the only authority who can do so whatever is possible.
13th January 2011, 01:10 AM
rihhu
Member+

hiii this is not a big problem if a obc candidate takes general category then its a bis mistake yours is very small ultimately you will be consider as general
dont worry and concentrate on your exam
all the best
do well my god wishes are with you
14th January 2011, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

i have made a wrong entry in aieee form for the dd date of issue.is it possible for me to change now
15th January 2011, 12:50 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know if you fill the wrong entry of category option then you will receive your score card according to your chosen category ,but at the time of admission your admission will taken on the basis of your general rank when you don't have mentioned category by mistake.
but for this thing contact to the concerned authority.
good luck.........
15th January 2011, 05:33 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

No problem with DD date,mean while you can check your application status.If you fing any difficulty then only contact the authority.
15th January 2011, 05:36 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
First see the application status,if that is accepted then ok and before sending hard copy documents you have to correct in the paper.Dont worry first see the application status.
15th January 2011, 05:38 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi
I have selected mode of examination online instead of offline during the filling of form online can it be changed???
No it will not change,application status is coming see that early.
15th January 2011, 05:40 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetha nair View Post
hii

Presently it will not be change,If demand draft is correct then no problem with the numbers.See application status if any problem then contact:

The Assistant Secretary (AIEEE Unit),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS 1-2 Institutional Area
IP Extension, Patparganj,
Delhi-110092.
16th January 2011, 12:31 AM
saswata06

Do not worry so much about it. prepare yourself for the examination.

Best of luck.
21st January 2011, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Made a wrong entry of category option GENERAL instead of OBC in AIEEE online application : Is it possible to correct?
26th March 2011, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

My brother made a wrong entry of obc instead of general in iitjee. He got the admit card also. What we have to do?
31st March 2011, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

I have mistaken in category when i fill the gate application form in online application.but i noted that after receiving gate score card.is it possible to change nw?plz reply me...........
26th April 2011, 07:55 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

if you are unable to correct then you will get a rank card with a OBC rank also. when you will take admission on counseling then they will ask for OBC certificate. but you do not have that. so you will be considered as a general candidate.in your rank card there will be also a general rank. so you should go for counseling on that day of counseling in which day your general rank will come.
30th April 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,
Do not worry. In the newly released leaflet by CCB (Central councelling board), they clearly mentioned that, they made a provision to correct the erroneous mistakes made by the candidate regarding 'state' and 'category'. Please go through the leaflet from the website 'www.ccb.nic.in'.
31st May 2011, 01:49 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

as you have done this mistake then if you are unable to correct then you will get rank card with a OBC rank also. when you will take admission on counseling then they will ask for OBC certificate. but you do not have that. so you will be considered as a general candidate.

in your rank card there will be also a general rank. so you should go for counseling on that day of counseling in which day your general rank will come.

but it is not good that you use OBC category although you are general candidate. i will suggest you to call them again and again on working day surely they will pick up your call and answer you giving all correct information. also you have mention that you have sent an email so they may reply you with a exact solution of your mistake.

do not worry so much about it. prepare yourself for the examination.

Thanks
24th November 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

hey frndz i wil be giving aieee 2012...i have wrongly entered my email id in place of postal address and my board as "OTHER" in place of cbse........bt i hvn paid yet the examination fee...guyz plz hlp me out
28th November 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

I have filled fee payment details wrongly in AIEEE online application form how to change now..? I have filled fee payment details wrongly in online application form so how can I change those details please do suggest...:(
8th December 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I make a big mistake by choosing B.Arch only insist of B.Tech and B.Arch. both. I have not paid the fee yet. what should i do?
10th December 2011, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

I have made mistak in category as i comes in obc but i have write it sc
10th December 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

I have made mistake in category instead of obc i write sc but not paid exam fee
10th December 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

i have etered general insted of obc.but i need obc reservation seat . what can i do. please help me
14th December 2011, 10:32 PM
nithinsai9795

sir,
my registration number is 20772573.i have wrongly entered my category as OBC insted of general.could i correct my mistake
28th February 2012, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

sir
I Hv filled my category as Obc in aieee 2012 registratn n Hv sent d confirmatn page too but I m genrl n m ntt able to produce the Obc certificate.....wat can I do now ... please help...I'm panicing lik nything .
7th December 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
I've just filled my application form but haven't paid the fee/got the confirmation page till now. Can i make changes in the category column or should I apply again...??? Will it cancel out my application number which I've got.
Waiting for your reply!!
7th December 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I've just filled the application form for JEE(Main) 2013 but haven't paid the fee/get the confirmation page. I want to change the category from OBC to General....!! Is it possible to correct the same or should I apply again...?? Will my app number be cancelled if i apply again which I've just got...??
Waiting for your reply!!
13th May 2013, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

sir,i had done a mistake in selecting a category .instead of OBC i had selected general.can i change please help me.our result has declared....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?