6th June 2010, 10:33 PM
mohit8293

Marine Engineering Institutes in India and Abroad? How to apply?

sir i have passed my 12th with 76% and in pcm 83% please suggest me which marine eng. institute i can go for, in india and also from foregin please give their details also and how to apply for them

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Marine engineering course after studying 12th? How to get scholarships to attend marine engineering?
  2. Detailed procedure to get admission to study Master's in Marine Engineering in Abroad for B.E. student?
  3. Should I do Aerodynamic Engineering from India or from Abroad? Premier institutes in Abroad for Aerodynamics or Aerospace engineering?
  4. Best institutes for Marine Engineering in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to pursue career in Mechanical Engineering? How to apply in abroad? Which are the institutes offering the course?
  6. Universities to seek admission in Marine Biology course in India and Abroad?
  7. What is the procedure followed to get admission in marine engineering in abroad after completion of 12th standard?
  8. Which further course should i pursue in abroad in Marine Engineering field?
  9. What is the procedure followed to get admission in marine institutes in India?
  10. Am I eligible to do marine engineering abroad after completion of 12th PCM with 50% marks? -- [New]
  11. Which are the best Institutes to do M.Sc in Marine Engineering? How much will be the fee structure for this course?
  12. Which are the institutes in India for BSc Oceanography and Marine Biology? How to take admission in such institutes?
  13. List of institutes offering Internship to Robotics student in India as well as in Abroad?
  14. Can I join merchant navy after completion of B.E in mechanical
  15. How may I get admission in marine engineering for PG after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  16. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  17. Eligibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? List of institutes in India?
  18. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
7th June 2010, 01:50 AM
sanket mathur

Default Re: Marine Engineering Institutes in India and Abroad? How to apply?

Eligibility for Marine engineering collages --
Pass in 12th Standard or its equivalent with minimum 60% aggregate in Math’s, Physics and Chemistry Group and minimum 50% marks in English at 10th or 12th standard.
Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under standard norms, with eye sight 6/6.

List of some marine engineering collages ---

1-International Institute of Maritime Science through IIT-JEE sector-8, Haldia Township-721607 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

2-College Of Engineering (Andhra University), Waltair, Visakhapatnam-530003 Andhra Pradesh 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

3-Mohomed Sathak Engineering College, Kilakarai-623806 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

4-The Calcutta Technical School, 110 S N Banerjee Road, Kolkata-700013 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

5-Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training(MANET), MIT Campus,Paud Road, Pune-411038 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

6-Tolani Maritime Institute, Sangurli Road,Post:Induri, Tal:Maval, Dist:Pune-410507 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

7-R L Institute of Nautical Science, Madurai, T.V.R.Nagar, Aruppukottai Road, Madurai-625022 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

8-The Shipping Corporation of India , Shipping House, 245 Madame Cama Road Mumbai-400021 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

9-Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineering(GRSE) Ltd, 5 Dr.R.N.Tagor Road,Kolkata-700056 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

10-Shipbuilders Industry Society of Goa's Institute of Maritime Studies, ISBT Complex, Bogda, Vasco Da Gama - 403802 Goa 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

11-Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai-400001 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

12-IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Powai, Mumbai-400076 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

13-Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 179, Kalidas Road, Dehradun-248001 Uttaranchal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

14-Indian Marine College, P.S. No. 1262, Kachiguda Station Road, Hyderabad-500027 Andhra Pradesh 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

15-International Marine Communication Centre, 134/3 R.H. Road, near Luz Corner, Mylapore, Chennai-600004 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

16-Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai-400033 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

17-Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai–400033 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

18-Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

19-Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan's College of Engineering, Eastern express highway, Near Everad Ngr., Chunabhatti, Chembur, Mumbai-400002 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

20-T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai-400706 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years.
7th June 2010, 10:37 AM
anu132

Smile Re: Marine Engineering Institutes in India and Abroad? How to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit8293 View Post
sir i have passed my 12th with 76% and in pcm 83% please suggest me which marine eng. institute i can go for, in india and also from foregin please give their details also and how to apply for them
Hi mohit...
The list of colleges in India and abroad which offers marine engineering are:
1.Massachusetts Institute of technology(US)
2.IIT,Kharagpur
you must appear for AIEEE,IIT JEE...
3.Texas A&M university
4.University of Hull(UK)
5.University of Wollongong(Australia)
6.University of california-santa barbara(US)
7.University of Tasmania(Australia)
8.University of greenwich(UK)
9.R.L. Institute of nautical sciences,Madurai(Tamilnadu)
10.PSN college of Engineering and technology,Tirunelveh(Tamilnadu)
11.Sraswathi velu college of engineering,Vellore(Tamilnadu)
you have to eppear for the tamilnadu entrance test through which you will selected..You should be aresident of tamilnadu..and 12th pass with 60% in PCM...
12.Inetrnational Maritime Institute,Greater Noida,(UP)
The entrance exam is SEE-UPTU after 12th pass with minimum 50% with maths...New session starts in the month of june-july...
13.Andhra University college of engineering,Visakhapatnam(AP)
The entrance exam is EAMCET...Its only for AP students...
Be prepared for the entrance exams...
GOOD LUCK....
7th June 2010, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

i have got 29000 obc rank in uptu.can i get a good engineering college in noida or ghaziabad.?
7th June 2010, 03:08 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hai Mohit,
Since, you have passed your +2 with Physics, chemistry and maths, you are eligible for B.E. in marine engineering of 4 years duration.

The following are some of the best institutes which provides marine engineering course in India.

Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur
Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088, (West Bengal)

Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai - 400 033, (Maharashtra)

International Marine Communication Centre, 134/3 R.H. Road, near Luz Corner, Mylapore, Chennai 600004, (Tamil Nadu)

Indian Marine College, P.S. No. 1262, Kachiguda Station Road, Hyderabad 500027, (Andhra Pradesh)

Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai 400001, (Maharashtra)

IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Powai, Mumbai 400076, (Maharashtra)

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai - 400033, (Maharashtra)

The admission in BE marine engineering, is done through joint entrance exam such as IIT JEE and AIEEE. For information related to availibility of applicaion form and dates of entrance exam, do visit the institutes official website.

Marine engineering abroad:

Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA is one of the best oversea Institute for study ofMarine engineering. The admission in this institute is done through an entrance test and interview. For information related to admission process and dates of application submission, you should visit their official website.
19th July 2010, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

I am appeared for my last semister in BE mechanical. I want to joint marchant navy. How can i apply And where?
20th July 2010, 01:13 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

the list of the marine colleges are as follow

1-The Shipping Corporation of India , Shipping House, 245 Madame Cama Road Mumbai-400021 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

2-Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineering(GRSE) Ltd, 5 Dr.R.N.Tagor Road,Kolkata-700056 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

3-Shipbuilders Industry Society of Goa's Institute of Maritime Studies, ISBT Complex, Bogda, Vasco Da Gama - 403802 Goa 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

4-Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai-400001 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

5-IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Powai, Mumbai-400076 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

6-Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 179, Kalidas Road, Dehradun-248001 Uttaranchal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

7-Indian Marine College, P.S. No. 1262, Kachiguda Station Road, Hyderabad-500027 Andhra Pradesh 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

8-International Marine Communication Centre, 134/3 R.H. Road, near Luz Corner, Mylapore, Chennai-600004 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

9-Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai-400033 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

10-Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai–400033 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

11-Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

12-Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan's College of Engineering, Eastern express highway, Near Everad Ngr., Chunabhatti, Chembur, Mumbai-400002 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years
7th August 2010, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO APPLY FOR MARINE ENGINEERING 1 YEAR COURSE AFTER BE IN MECHANICAL
14th September 2010, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

Animation eligibility
13th November 2010, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

I got 55%aggregated and 50%pcm in h.s.c
25th November 2010, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

i am studing 12th i need to know how to apply to abroad marine colleges please send me my mail id is [email protected]
9th December 2010, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Application date marine engienring
13th December 2010, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i have passed my 10th with 84%.can i join any course in merchant navy.what are the requirements/qualifications for to join the course.
14th December 2010, 07:07 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Some of the best marine engineering institutes in India are as follows:

IIT (Indian Institute of Technology),
Powai,
Mumbai-400076

Marine Engineering & Research Institute,
Hay Bunder Road,
Mumbai–400033

T.S. Chanakya,
Karaus,
New Mumbai-400706

Marine Engineering Research Institute,
P-19, Taratolla Rd,
Kolkata-700088

For details please visit this link: http://www.indicareer.com/colleges-f...ng-degree.html
15th December 2010, 07:10 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey you get into Marine Engineering through competitive exams like IIT JEE/AIEEE and even common entrance of some respective states which offers you this course.

There are many colleges which offer you this course but IIT Mumbai is the best in this stream.Andhra university offers you this course but you need to write the Common entrance test for it.There are many other private Institute which offer you this course but you need to write the common entrance test for it.

Some of the other colleges you may like to check out are

Shipbuilders Industry Society of Goa's Institute of Maritime Studies,Goa.
The Shipping Corporation of India , Shipping House,Mumbai.
Indian Marine College,Hyderabad.
Marine Engineering Research Institute,Kolkata.

all the best
15th December 2010, 12:17 PM
raja jeganathan

here some best colleges in india

Merchant Navy Institutes in Mumbai

Merchant Navy Institutes in Pune
Merchant Navy Institutes in Delhi

Merchant Navy Institutes in Chennai
Merchant Navy Institutes in Kolkata
for more details about admission

http://www.infinitecourses.com/MerchantNavy-Maritime-Nautical-institutes.aspx
19th January 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

am currently in final year b.tech in mechanical engineering i want to join in marine engineering...............i want to know when does the course start ? is it from june/ july.....for me???
12th February 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Engineering in Computer Stream.
I am interested in making up my carrer in Merchant Navy.
Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy.
My ID: [email protected]
25th March 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have got 50% marks in class 12th?
can i join marine engineering college?
15th April 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have got 60% marks in class 12th.
i wanted to join marine engineering collage..........please guide me how to apply in marine engineering i have no idea i am totally confues.
my name is Ankur yadav.
my [email protected]
10th May 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

can i join marine engineering after 10th ?if so ?then how to apply
10th May 2011, 01:44 PM
tushar819

can i join marine engineering after10th ?if so,then how?
15th May 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

what maximum and minimum salery will i get when i complect this cource plz reply
6th July 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i have very low percentage in 12 can i join marine engineering course !!!! please help!
[email protected]
1st October 2011, 06:32 AM
Unregistered

sir i am pursuing b.tech.So hw can i apply for merchant navy after completing it and what exams do i have to appear to get onto it?????
24th February 2012, 09:07 PM
neromilder

Smile Re: Marine Engineering Institutes in India and Abroad? How to apply?

sir i have passed my 12th with 76% and in pcm 83% please suggest me which marine eng. institute i can go for, in india and also from foregin please give their details also and how to apply them[/QUOTE] when is the entrance exam date. how to apply to get the admission. To whom i've to contact, to collect. above mentoined details.
10th September 2012, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

i have my 12th examination including math, physics, chemistry, English how can i get admission in marine engineering at marine engineering and research institute India. reply me on [email protected]
3rd May 2014, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have got 50% in 12th std.
can, i join marine engineering?pls reply on [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?