5th February 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Marks required for admission to IITs in Lateral entry for B.Tech (Plastic Technology)?

I am a diploma student from CIPET. What is the marks criteria for getting into IIT and Is there any lateral entry in IIT for BTech in plastic technology course? If so in which IIT?

6th February 2011, 09:37 AM
benz

Default Re: Marks required for admission to IITs in Lateral entry for B.Tech (Plastic Technology)?

Dear friend

I am very sorry to say that there is no provision for lateral entry in any of the IITs in any stream of there B.Tech coarses.They only take people who qualify IIT JEE after there 12th board and also there is limited two attempts one in the year you are passing 12th and one next to it.

for further details you may refer to officiat site of IIT JEE

jee.iitd.ac.in/

Thank you
6th February 2011, 11:36 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Marks required for admission to IITs in Lateral entry for B.Tech (Plastic Technology)?

in IIT there are no lateral entry scheme for any engineering branch so that you can enter directly into second year of engineering..

the one and only one way to enter into IITs are you must crack the IIT JEE examination and then you will be admitted in first year.

now if you want to study B.Tech in plastic engineering then you have to appear in IIT JEE examination and have to make good score int he examination. then through counseling you may be admitted to the plastic engineering in first year. you can not go directly to the second as like lateral entry.

best wishes.
6th February 2011, 03:07 PM
vijaymohit92
Member+

in IIT, you can not take direct admission into second year as lateral entery . there is way to enter into the IITJEE is to qualify in a IITJEE examination then you will admitted into IITJEE into first year
6th February 2011, 03:17 PM
diego
Banned

Sorry buddy but a lateral entry in IIT's! ... it's just not possible
There is no such scheme ... you may like to appear for IIT-JEE
if you want to get into IIT's
20th February 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Can a diploma holder get admission in IIT
5th March 2011, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

cant a diploma holder get in 2nd year of iit by any exam
27th July 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i am mechanical diploma holder and my age 25 can i eligible for this
8th January 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the marks for IIT to study wid Hardware Engineering after 12th standard??????
Plz reply...........
6th February 2012, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for lateral entry into BE after diploma in textiles in karnataka?
3rd June 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i am passed tenth class and i want to know everything required to take addmission in cipet eligibility,marks etc,
13th May 2013, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 2 last year with 90.2%
I took an year off to prepare for jee but could not perform well due to unforseeable consequences
I have a kneen intrest in chemical and material sciences
I have 50% marks in mppet
Please suggest the best future option for me
22nd September 2013, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

what procedure of lateral entry in ism.dhanbad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?